Gedevanishvili's family deported from Moscow | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gedevanishvili's family deported from Moscow

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
UPDATE: Rumors say that Elene will be training in Ukraine.

just wondering

On the Ice
We have friends in Tbilisi.
They talk frequently of the tenion between Russia & Georgia and we talked about Elene's story.
They were hoping to see her skate. Maybe they will have to go the Ukraine. :)

Anywhere will be fine, so long as she gets to skate!
JW

tennis289

Spectator
According to current reports which I have read I think that Elene is going to move to Talinn, Estonia and train with Anna Levandi/Kondrashova the coach of Elena Glebova.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elene has withdrawn from Cup of China on Nov. 9. Since she is no longer residing in Russia (where she lived when the invitation was issued), she may have run into visa problems.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
According to current reports which I have read I think that Elene is going to move to Talinn, Estonia and train with Anna Levandi/Kondrashova the coach of Elena Glebova.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Oh, and welcome to GS; thank you for posting!

Elene has withdrawn from Cup of China on Nov. 9. Since she is no longer residing in Russia (where she lived when the invitation was issued), she may have run into visa problems.
Chuckm, why should she have visa problems? She never had a Russian passport, so she got a visa as a Georgian citizen, which she still is. Arakawa never had visa problems when she moved between Japan and US, so why should Gedevanishvili?

As to why she has withdrawn - I am sure there is a lot going on for her right now, she has clearly lost a lot of training time with all this mess. She may choose to get acquainted with her new coach now, get some training done, etc.

Last edited:

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Elene was starting to build some very nice momentum toward the next Olympics, I hope this doesn't disturb her and interrupt that too much.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I wish Elene good luck wherever she trains. She was my hope for this season. She is unique.