German National Championships, 15–16 December 2017 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

German National Championships, 15–16 December 2017

Luna Cat

Rinkside
Exactly. I cannot stop praising this program. Iconic...:love::clap::bow:

Finally the throws have become consistent (because the do not practice the quads anymore?). Sui/han´s big advantange in the throws seems to be gone.

I also love this program and think that it is better to skate it clean with triple throws instead of risking a quad salchow or triple axel and get injured.

Andrea82

Medalist
Koch/Nuchtern got a good FS score.

158.66 for Muller/Dieck

Lorenz/Polizoakis need 155 to win the Olympic spot race.

QuadThrow

Medalist
No big surprises at German nationals.

The Dance field and the pairs (Aljona:yahoo:) were very nice to watch. Loved Koch/Nuechtern.

The individual disciplines´ levels are shameful.

Andrea82

Medalist
As for Europeans they have 2 spots for Ladies and Men, Liebers and Dastich will complete the team. Peter said it will be his last competition.

deneuved

On the Ice

Andrea82

Medalist
Plus Hocke and Blommaert for Europeans. The only spots that have been decided for the Olympics so far are S/M and Paul Fentz, according to the press release below (in German):

https://www.eislauf-union.de/files/users/bettgenhaeuser/DM_2018_Pressemitteilung_Tag2.pdf

H/B, L/P and Schott are the others supposed to go to Olympics.

The rules set by DEU were standings calculated by sum of top 3 scores achieved in GPs, Challenger Series and Nationals.

I think (if the Google translation is accurate) German press release linked mention the position in the Olympic qualification ranking for H/B, NS and L/P just before their quoted comments.

deneuved

On the Ice
H/B, L/P and Schott are the others supposed to go to Olympics.

The rules set by DEU were standings calculated by sum of top 3 scores achieved in GPs, Challenger Series and Nationals.

I think (if the Google translation is accurate) German press release linked mention the position in the Olympic qualification ranking for H/B, NS and L/P just before their quoted comments.

No, the press release says that just S/M and Fentz are 100% decided for the Olympics. The others are "leading in the qualification for the Olympics". But the press release doesn't say that they WILL go to the Olympics.

Andrea82

Medalist
I know :) I was just translating what the article said :)

Oh, thanks
:thumbsup:

Mind you, when they released un update of qualification standings a few weeks ago, they managed to put wrong numbers to H/S. And they were under the illusion that Liebers went to a GP this season. :palmf:

So maybe they have not realized yet that there are no more events left!

deneuved

On the Ice
Oh, thanks
:thumbsup:

Mind you, when they released un update of qualification standings a few weeks ago, they managed to put wrong numbers to H/S. And they were under the illusion that Liebers went to a GP this season. :palmf:

So maybe they have not realized yet that there are no more events left!

That could be true. And don't forget that the German Olympic Committee have their own qualification criteria. It's not *only* the German figure skating federation that decides (though there are very few cases that were disputed).

Andrea82

Medalist
That could be true. And don't forget that the German Olympic Committee have their own qualification criteria. It's not *only* the German figure skating federation that decides (though there are very few cases that were disputed).

Do you know if skating federation consulted with National Olympic Committee when they set minium scores needed to be considered for Olympic spots to prevent possibile stops by NOC or if they have not involved them yet?

Andrea82

Medalist
Yes, definitely. Can't find the requirements for 2018, but here are those for 2014: https://www.dosb.de/fileadmin/Bilde...Zielvereinbarungen/Zielvereinbarungen_DEU.pdf

I think the following one is the document for 2018
https://eislauf-union.de/files/user...INAL(3)-24.08.2017.pdf?jsn_mobilize_preview=1

Minium scores are 208 for Men, 150 for Ladies, 157 for Pairs, 137 for Ice Dance.

They wrote: "Der DOSB legt den nationalen Qualifikationsweg fest. Ihm obliegt die Hoheit der Nominierung. Die vom DOSB geforderten Punktwerte für die Qualifikation zu den Olympischen Winterspielen 2018, auch Qualifikationsnorm genannt, liegen nach den Weltmeisterschaften 2017 endgültig fest:"

I think DOSB is the German Olympic Committee, is it right?

The DOSB will meet on 16.01.2018 to approve (or not) nominations by DEU. But if DOSB agreed on these scores as standards, I suppose they can't kick up a fuss now. Or maybe, yes...Feds and Olympic Committees sometimes operate in strange ways...
Amusingly Fentz who is the only one (apart from S/M) singled out in the press release as qualified is actually the one who barely scored the minimum (212 back at Finlandia Trophy).

deneuved

On the Ice
Yep, DEU suggests, and DOSB (=German Olympic Committee) decides. It is enough if the qualification criteria (=minimal scores) are reached once, so they won't say no to anyone who has reached them if the DEU suggests them. However, if there are 2 or more skaters who have reached the minimal scores, with just one spot available, I guess in theory it is up to DEU to suggests the one that they think would do best. But practically, they would always choose the one who is leading in their own qualification chart.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Pictures

Here are pictures of the event. They were taken by Hella Höppner!

http://eislauffotos.de/piwigo/index.php?/category/401

I have no confirmation about the olympic spots yet, so I remain quiet about that. Some newspaper named Fentz & Schott though, but this is not confirmed by the DOSB nor DEU yet.

I can give you the Moscow starters though,

Nicole Schott
Lea Johanna Dastich

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot
Annika Hocke & Ruben Blommaert

Paul Fentz
Peter Liebers

Kavita Lorenz & Joti Polizoakis