GP Meeting 6/30 postponed to Mid-July | Page 4 | Golden Skate

GP Meeting 6/30 postponed to Mid-July

Status
Not open for further replies.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yeah, Russian ladies and pairs have been strong performers, but the men and ice dance, not so much. I'd much rather watch the ISU GP with no Russian skaters and no Russian judges.
I am not typical because I am a die-hard Russian men fan, and basically they and pairs are main draw, but there are two young ice dancers couples I am rooting for. I am actually not that crazy about Russian women, but I prefer them to the international scene, because, well, there is just more variety of styles and overall higher mastery.

So, yes, I will watch both, despite being unhappy about the split and the inevitable demise of Russian figure skating. It was something special and, no, it will not last in isolation. And the isolation will last. It is depressing, but we don’t live in happy times. Russia doesn’t deserve its skaters.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
This allows Russia to continue to assert that they are the best and that the rest of the world needs Russia and envies Russia's success/prowess/cultural superiority/etc.
Oh,you don’t have to explain that, I’m aware they’ve gone bonkers, but it’s gonna have favs, and there will be Grishin. While Mozalev fights on, I will watch him fight on. Plus, Smirnova’s group. I have to see if one of them can beat the system.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Despite my frequent travels, I actually never been to the UK so I’m pretty excited about this. I can’t travel to Russia or China so I never was able to fulfill my goal of attending all six Grand Prix in one year. The most I ever managed was three in the 2013-2014 season. I can probably manage it this year! I have to do it now as this golden opportunity probably won’t come up again. NHK will be tricky, but I can swing it. Mwahahaha! Let’s do this!

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Despite my frequent travels, I actually never been to the UK so I’m pretty excited about this. I can’t travel to Russia or China so I never was able to fulfill my goal of attending all six Grand Prix in one year. The most I ever managed was three in the 2013-2014 season. I can probably manage it this year! I have to do it now as this golden opportunity probably won’t come up again. NHK will be tricky, but I can swing it. Mwahahaha! Let’s do this!
I hope you can do it! I know we will all be living vicariously through your experiences :biggrin:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Due to references regarding Russia, this thread is closed pending the announcement of new location(s). Feel free to start a new thread when the announcement(s) are made.

Status
Not open for further replies.