GP Predictions Rd. 7: Grand Prix Final | Page 11 | Golden Skate

GP Predictions Rd. 7: Grand Prix Final

nox1

On the Ice
I would have done so much better if it had been scored after the short :L

casualfan

On the Ice
Three correct placements in Men's, Pairs, and Dance. None in Ladies but saved by the small loser's bonus. :) Probably placed about the same as during the GPF season.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Pairs scores are up!

I will have no internet but on my phone effective pretty much immediately, so if you see any mistakes please contact another scorer or the magnificent Mrs P and they will help you fix it. I did try to double check all of them this time since I did it by hand and it was a little difficult for me to switch around the numbers from what they always are, so while I did try my best mistakes are possible.

Sorry for not being able to give more details in this post. When I have my computer again I will post a 'winners' summary.

Thanks as always for your understanding :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Dance scores are also up!

My mom has been very sick, and instead of pretending I'm Dick Button during the actual competition, I've had a far more important job pretending to be Florence Nightingale. So I did wind up missing the entire two days of Senior Long Programs. My Mom is decidedly on the mend (thank God she's a feisty Irish broad!), and my sister will be taking over tomorrow, so I will do a complete summary of both the GPF scores AND the overall Dance Scores no later than by Tuesday. Maybe I'll even sneak in a comment or four on the GPF LD thread (hey--it's far more fun to pretend to be Dick Button than to pretend to be all neutral and Switzerland!).

My thanks as well for your patience and understanding.

:hap57:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Wow I guessed all men top 6 :yes2:
and ladies all wrong, I should never trust Gracie any more :hslap:

desertskates

Medalist
Let me soak in the awesome feeling of having 335 points for those two events before the mens and ladies scores go up because they were no bueno for me :laugh:
Thank you organizers and scorers!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just FYI, the podium and loser pride bonuses are being scored separately, so you may have already received bonuses for men and ladies even if those categories have not been completed.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I got the men pretty well, I only need to swap Javier and Soma, which is quite OK, as both were amazing. In dance I only got the winner, but I cringe on the actual results. I still have Capelini/La Note and Shibutanis on 2nd and 3rd. Girls were messed up except for the winner. In pairs I even messed the winners...I always get awful predictions. Who could have predicted the heavenly programs from men?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
So, in the spirit of the holiday season, let's "wrap up" the Dance results for the GPF! :)laugh2: I told you I love bad puns!)

First off, as your scorer, let me say how proud I am that not a single participant earned any loser points. At all. That's because DANCE FANS ARE WINNERS! Yes, you are. Each and every one of you!

And speaking of winners...

We had to save the last of our precious dance medals for the overall winners of the whole shebang (y'all have been collecting medals in a frenzy! a dance frenzy!). And we have another SMALL MOB of winners for the GPF!

[GOLD] BLADES, with PERFECT SCORES OF 120!!!: desertskates, katmari, lightsout, Pippuripihvi, [email protected], text_skate, tulosai (and, privately, me--but we won't mention how I did with the singles skaters...)

[SILVER] BOOTS, with 110 points: andromache, Astrid56, breynows, Florencito, FSGMT, FTnoona, icekiwi, koatcue, lighthouse, Lydia1703, RaCr9, randomfan, rosacotton, sabinfire, sequinsgalore, skateusa, Snow63, Sugarpova, surimi, TheGrandSophy, Xorasy

[BRONZE] LACES with 100 points: 4everchan, alebi, apgold, CanadianSkateGuy, casualfan, Caustica, Charmblade, Crossover, Ekm, el henry, eta, GF2445 graciegoldfan17, HR4, hydroblader, Hyena, IceDiva, IlVoloFan, invisiblespiral, jChamp, Jombi, kaarle, Kuan, LA143, LisaM, magilli, MalAssada, MAXSwagg, Mhskate, MIM, mirai4life, mis751, MrsP, NC89, NoNameFace, Norwayskater, NYscorp6, Osmond4gold, Poice, Princessroja, ptskate, SashaJuliaSpins, shiroKJ, silverlake22, skateforever, snowflake, Sunn1ly, sunnystars, sunnyouyang, tastetherainbow, umeko_yur1tasukee, voolfee, xibuarz

And let us :bow: to our Podium Masters: desertskates, FTnoona, icekiwi, katmari, lightsout, Pippuripihvi, [email protected], text_skate, tulosai.

Congratulations to all our winners and participants!

:hap57:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can I take a guess for my vast number of fellow bronze medalists (I love blades, boots and laces:agree:): we wanted the Shibs higher than fourth. I still want them higher than fourth.:noshake:

Thanks to our tireless scorer WeakAnkles, and all the scorers and organizers!:clap:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Can I take a guess for my vast number of fellow bronze medalists (I love blades, boots and laces:agree:): we wanted the Shibs higher than fourth. I still want them higher than fourth.:noshake:

Thanks to our tireless scorer WeakAnkles, and all the scorers and organizers!:clap:

Bingo. But I did warn people that there was no way there would be a North American sweep...Just #keepingitreal.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay, men's scorer here. This one actually turned out pretty well, and all scores are in the spreadsheet now. But if I scored anyone wrong, please tell me ASAP.

(Sorry for no medals yet... I wanted to get the scores up as quickly as possible. And I still have to have Mrs. P check over some stuff.)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
And, finally (!), our OVERALL DANCE MEDAL WINNERS.

But before we get to that, three special medals:

Yes, You CAN Watch Every Moment Again Award: to Mao, for archiving every single performance through this and many seasons. For those of us who were, for whatever reason, unable to watch live, your posts are like a birthday gift every single day of the year!

Don't Worry, I'll Take Care Of That Award: to our Grand Poobah Scoremeister MrsP, who kept everything running smoothly and did, indeed, 'take care of that" with her usual aplomb!

and, finally, the

You Should Be So Lucky To Have Him As Your Co-Scorer Award: to Snow63. Not only is he a pleasure to work with, but it was fun to snap off PMs to him about what I really thought about the first few GP events, when I was still trying to be all Neutral and Switzerland ("Do you think it's possible to die from too much good taste? I'm bored out of my FREAKING MIND!!!") . Thank you for making the GP season so much fun for me! Yer a Good Egg.

And now, our OVERALL DANCE MEDAL WINNERS (I've been hoarding these last, few, very precious medals for a while, just for this moment!):

GOLD: With 445 total points, SashaJuliaSpins

SILVER: With 435 points: magalli, MAXSwagg, rosacotton

BRONZE: With 430 points, Daniel1998, desertskates, lighthouse

Be amazed at their superior prognosticating skills! Marvel how they held up under the pressure of maintaining that skill week after week after week! Beg them to predict next week's winning lottery numbers! (Ok, maybe not that last one...) Go ahead...brag away! You've Earned It!

And I'm going to add one brag of my own: Dance had, by far, the most points earned by all of our participants out of ALL the disciplines.

DANCE RULES!

Congrats to all our winners. If you had even 1 zillionth as much fun predicting as I had scoring this, then yay for us all!

See ya next year!

:points:

desertskates

Medalist
And, finally (!), our OVERALL DANCE MEDAL WINNERS.

But before we get to that, three special medals:

Yes, You CAN Watch Every Moment Again Award: to Mao, for archiving every single performance through this and many seasons. For those of us who were, for whatever reason, unable to watch live, your posts are like a birthday gift every single day of the year!

Don't Worry, I'll Take Care Of That Award: to our Grand Poobah Scoremeister MrsP, who kept everything running smoothly and did, indeed, 'take care of that" with her usual aplomb!

and, finally, the

You Should Be So Lucky To Have Him As Your Co-Scorer Award: to Snow63. Not only is he a pleasure to work with, but it was fun to snap off PMs to him about what I really thought about the first few GP events, when I was still trying to be all Neutral and Switzerland ("Do you think it's possible to die from too much good taste? I'm bored out of my FREAKING MIND!!!") . Thank you for making the GP season so much fun for me! Yer a Good Egg.

And now, our OVERALL DANCE MEDAL WINNERS (I've been hoarding these last, few, very precious medals for a while, just for this moment!):

GOLD: With 445 total points, SashaJuliaSpins

SILVER: With 435 points: magalli, MAXSwagg, rosacotton

BRONZE: With 430 points, Daniel1998, desertskates, lighthouse

Be amazed at their superior prognosticating skills! Marvel how they held up under the pressure of maintaining that skill week after week after week! Beg them to predict next week's winning lottery numbers! (Ok, maybe not that last one...) Go ahead...brag away! You've Earned It!

And I'm going to add one brag of my own: Dance had, by far, the most points earned by all of our participants out of ALL the disciplines.

DANCE RULES!

Congrats to all our winners. If you had even 1 zillionth as much fun predicting as I had scoring this, then yay for us all!

See ya next year!

:points:

Yay! Thank you, WeakAnkles! I can't believe I got a bronze. Truthfully, this is the discipline I know the least about. But I'm enjoying the dance competitions a lot this year and learning more each competition. Congrats to everyone :)