5:30:00 am Men Free Skating
6:50:00 am Pairs Free Skating
8:10:00 am Ladies Free Skating
9:30:00 am Ice Dancing Free Dance

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Ptichka...

Just to confirm, the times you listed below are Eastern Standard Time? Can't wait for things to get underway!!

DG

Ptchka - Just so I don't have to wrack my brains on this. The Men's Short is 9pm on the 17th. Does that mean it is EST 6am on the 17th or 18th? (I should know this but my head is not working today.)

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joe, Joe, Joe... Men short is at 19, not at 9. On the 24 hour clock that the whole world except for the US uses, that's 7 p.m. (19-12=7). That translates into 6 am EST, same day (19-13=6). Think of it this way - the day starts in the East, and moves West; China is to our East; this means we always have the earlier time than they do.

Doggygirl, yes I gave the times in Eastern Standard.

Thanks Ptchka - As I said my head wasn't working. My whole life was spent on the 24 hour clock but since retirement I've gotten into American ways. :frown:

Joe

Ximena

Final Flight
Why the men event is soo early! Well I could wake at 6:00 but that day it's my first day of vacation!! I need my sleep :p

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually, I may be wrong but I thought Eastern standard time was GMT -5 hrs, because I believe that central standard time is GMT -6 hrs. (on the forums, GMT -6hrs corresponds to Mexico City/Chicago, which has the same time as Houston. The people on the east coast are one hour ahead.

What we need is a speed course in clock watching :laugh:

I think one has to give and take l hour depending on WHEN there is a day light savings time.

By the way the difference in time between India and Pakistan is one half hour. You figure.

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Actually, I may be wrong but I thought Eastern standard time was GMT -5 hrs, because I believe that central standard time is GMT -6 hrs.
Ooops, a typo on my part. According to what I've written 6+8=13 :eek: I'll correct it right away. At least the times I've states are correct.

Joesitz said:
By the way the difference in time between India and Pakistan is one half hour. You figure.
Rushdie makes fun of this very effectively in Midnight Children.

missflick

On the Ice
I'll be getting off work at 7 a.m. so I guess I will be up a little longer! Have to get the ladies results and the mens (not so interested in dance or pairs). :rock: