Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 FINAL ROUND: Grand Prix Final | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 FINAL ROUND: Grand Prix Final

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you, here's the complete top10 ;)
Gold medal (Ladies champion :biggrin: ) with 420 points Wilheimina!! :clap:
Silver medal with 380 points to LRK
Bronze Medal with 350 points to both invisiblespiral and alebi
4) 345 points: katmari and demarinis5
5) 340 points: WoChair, Florencito, CaroLiza_Fan and CanadianSkaterGuy
6) 335 points: WeakAnkles, StitchMonkey, darazam and cjmorton29
7) 330 points: shingalas and bea
8) 325 points: semosk8fan, sbstien, Sam-Skwantch, MsLiinaLii, FSGMT, bellflower and aero
9) 320 points: GF2445
10) 315 points: YesWay, sequinsgalore, rosacotton, malif and HanDomi
It has been a pleasure to be your Ladies scorer, and thank you all for playing! :)

Floored. (Why don't we have a fainting emoticon? I need one... )

Alba

Record Breaker
I did. And though I got the Chinese teams in the right order, K/S screwed up all the placements. To cap it off, I had S/K winning over D/R. Hence, perfect zero. :laugh:

I put S&K as second to not jinx them. At least it paid off, somehow. :laugh:

Wilhelmina

On the Ice
I WON Ladies? :jaw: It was the GPF that saved me. I'd been muddling along somewhere in the middle for the entire series.

As far as the GPF scoring goes, I'd be interested to try a new system next time to see how it compares -- or maybe, if any of the organizers/scorers have the free time and the willpower, trying out one or two different sets of scoring rules on this GPF's predictions, and seeing if it would have drastically changed the results?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And for the grand finale, the ever-so unpredictable MEN.

The majority of the contestants scored 60....30............ZERO. (Sorry!)

So special props to our top scorers.
Gold medal: Becki (120)
Silver medal: YesWay, FSGMT, Kittosui, lightsout, darazam, Astrid56 and Alchamei (90)
Bronze medal: All of you 24 of you who managed to get two placements correctly! (60)

Special shoutout to Skategmt, TMC, CaroLiza_fan and text_skate for guessing Voronov in 3rd place. You were the only ones out of 92 participants to make that prediction!

AND NOW FOR OUR OVERALL MEN WINNERS!!!!

Gold medal with 340 points.... lightsout!
Silver medal with 315 points .... FSGMT and darazam! (Both were tied for 17th place after NHK!)
Bronze medal with 310 points ... YesWay!

And the rest:
4th: HR4 (305)
5th: guenever and CaroLiza_fan (300)
7th: semosk8fan (295)
8th: WoChair, rosacotton and CanadianSkaterGuy (285)
11th: TMC, surimi, sbstien, lost3iron (275)
14th: WeakAnkles, katmari, Hyena, bea (270)
18th: tulosai, Poice, el henry (265)
21st: sunny_stars, Snow63, Lydia1703, gallavich, FIREBIRD, Danja (255)

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And now for the overall winners of the Grand Prix Final round!

Gold medal:
SashaJuliaSpins and Danja (390)

Silver medal:
Becki and Alba (360)

Bronze medal:
Isabel_O'Reilly, cjmorton and CaroLiza_fan (330)

4th: Wilheimina, Mentalopes, LRK, Li’Kitsu, Inside edges, FSGMT and Alchamel (300)
11th: WeakAnkles, Skategmt, mis751, guenever, FTnoona, CanadianSkaterGuy, anyanka (270)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And drum roll....I have the results of the Grand Prix Predictions Game winners!!!

Gold Medal
Mentalopes! (1535 points)

Silver Medal
cjmorton29! (1485 points)

Bronze Medal
Danja! (1455 points)

:points: :hb: Congrats to our medalists.

And now for those who made it to our Top 25!
4th: WeakAnkles and FSGMT (1430)
6th: CanadianSkaterGuy (1415)
7th: alebi (1390)
8th: Skategmt and LRK (1375)
10th: sequinsgalore (1370)
11th lightsout (1365)
12th: Snow63 and guenever (1360)
14th: Eclair and CaroLiza_fan (1355)
16th: GF2445 (1350)
17th: YesWay, invisiblespiral and darazam (1335)
20th: katmari, HR4, gallavich, Florencito and el henry (1330)
25th: TMC, semosk8fan, Sandpiper, rosacotton, Poice, NYscorp (1320)

It was a pleasure being this year's Grand Prix Predictions Game coordinator (as well as your men's scorer). The turnout for this year was amazing. We had 144 participants, nearly TRIPLE the participants we had last year!

Again, feel free to share your feedback here.

If you still have the predictions game bug, please head on over to the National Championships Predictions Game, headed up by the lovely CaroLiza_fan!

And be on the watch for our ISU Championships Predictions Game which will come up in early 2015!

Thank you for playing! I hope you all enjoyed it!

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well... pewter is a nice color (4th! I just missed the Podium! Arghhhhhhhhh!). Then again, considering I still can't skate around a rink ONCE without risking bodily harm or even identify a salchow that's really pretty good.

My congratulations to all the winners. Mrs P, scorers...you have done yourselves proud. PLATINUM MEDALS FOR ALL OF YOU!!!

:biggrin:

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
:rofl:

Oh, my word... 4th in the GPF round - well, apparently my "bad feeling" wasn't exactly warranted then.... ;)

And not 12th overall then - but 8th?! Ah, 'tis a mad, mad, mad world we live in, 'tis clear.... From 55th to 8th... that's some climb! (shakes head in disbelief)

@WeakAnkles - Hear, hear! Yes, a platinum medal to all the scorers - who've done a marvellous job!

And to all my fellow participants - thanks for taking part and making this such a fun experience to share with you all! :)

LRK

Record Breaker
I want an angry robot emoticon!! Especially considering my results in this game.

There have been times when I've wanted a tantrum emoticon - I'm thinking sort of the opposite of this one::rofl: - you know, except lying face forwards and kicking, and, obviously with an angry expression. And maybe one that, instead of slinking, exits in a huff, banging a door... (What? I'm somewhat.... irritable; and I find myself in particular irritating - and I'm stuck with myself 24/7! That's bound to get on anyone's mood... ;))

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Wait...I was 14th in Men???? I already sent out the holiday cards and they were NOT on the list.

Oh well, given the anxiety they caused everyone, I'm not regretting that decision. Not one iota. Hmpf.

;)

Alba

Record Breaker

Gold medal:
SashaJuliaSpins and Danja (390)

Silver medal:
Becki and Alba (360)

Bronze medal:

4th: Wilheimina, Mentalopes, LRK, Li’Kitsu, Inside edges, FSGMT and Alchamel (300)
11th: WeakAnkles, Skategmt, mis751, guenever, FTnoona, CanadianSkaterGuy, anyanka (270)

Thank you judges. :cheer: Now if only Yulia could follow me. :biggrin:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Bombed Ladies, Men and Pairs. As usual :confused2:
But Yay, still 10 points from Top 10 overall :biggrin:

Thank you Mrs P. for this game. And thanks to all participants for playing, I had a lot of scoring to do in my free time :biggrin:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thank you Mrs P. for organizing the game and thanks to all the scorers. :bow:

Congratulations to the winners! :clap:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Firstly, congratulations to all those that won medals, be it for the GP Final or in the Game overall.

And special congratulations to all those who won Gold Medals. After this topsy-turvy GP Series, you deserve all the congratulations you can get!

And for the grand finale, the ever-so unpredictable MEN.

Bronze medal: All of you 24 of you who managed to get two placements correctly! (60)

What?! I got a medal even though I only scored on 2 skaters?! Although it may be a modest score compared to what was available, I'm absolutely delighted to get 60 points. That's 60 more points than I got in the Men in last year's GP Final!!! :laugh:

Special shoutout to Skategmt, TMC, CaroLiza_fan and text_skate for guessing Voronov in 3rd place. You were the only ones out of 92 participants to make that prediction!

Now that does surprise me. But, I suppose everybody else was expecting Hanyu, Machida and Fernandez to all be on the podium. I just managed to pick the wrong one to not have faith in...

AND NOW FOR OUR OVERALL MEN WINNERS!!!!

5th: guenever and CaroLiza_fan (300)

Wow! 5th overall in Men!!! I was not expecting that. I thought Hanyu doing well in the GP Final and Machida not was going to drop me WAAAY down in the overall results!

That said, when you look at the points scored per category, Men’s was my worst category…

5) 340 points: WoChair, Florencito, CaroLiza_Fan and CanadianSkaterGuy

It has been a pleasure to be your Ladies scorer

How curious is that? I got the same position overall in BOTH singles categories! But, I can’t take any credit for coming 5th place in the Ladies. All the credit has to go to the Russian girls, especially my Liza!

ICE DANCE RESULTS

3rd place: with 120 points shared 24 people.

My congratulations to all the winners.:hb:

Now that was a pleasant surprise. A GP Final medal in Dance.

But, when you look at my overall result, it is a total enigma. Even though Dance is the discipline that is newest to me, I scored more points in Dance than in any other category. Yet in terms of position, I only came joint 26th!

The less said about the Pairs the better. Joint 62nd position overall is not something I want to brag about… :slink:

Bronze medal:

OH... MY... GOODNESS!!! An overall medal in the GP Final???!!! How on Earth did I manage that?! Especially when the Pairs was a disaster zone for me!

Maybe this "all-or-nothing" system isn't so bad after all... ;)

And drum roll....I have the results of the Grand Prix Predictions Game winners!!!

And now for those who made it to our Top 25!

14th: Eclair and CaroLiza_fan (1355)

Joint 14th. A Personal Best both in terms of points and position! My score may only have improved by 5 points, but it meant that my position improved from 18th overall last year to 14th overall this year!!! Considering how much drama we had in this season’s GP Series, I’m surprised to see an improvement.

Unfortunately I did not achieve the target I had set for this season's Game. But I was oh, so close. Just 10 more points would have done it!

Oh well. It was still fun!

Thank you so much to Mrs. P and all the scorers for making this year’s GP Game the success it was. And it was a huge success! I am already itching for next season’s GP Game to come along, so that we can all get back to the thrills and (hopefully not literal) spills that is the GP Series.

I’m already wondering if the new drama emoticon will get used as much as it was during this season’s GP Series… :laugh:

If you still have the predictions game bug, please head on over to the National Championships Predictions Game, headed up by the lovely CaroLiza_fan!

Awww! Thank you for calling me “lovely”! But, having worked with you on the ISU Championships Game last season, I think that description fits you better!

And be on the watch for our ISU Championships Predictions Game which will come up in early 2015!

Yippee! Looks like there is demand for a second edition of the ISU Game, then. I will gladly run it again, but if anybody else would like to do it, let me know.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
I actually put Voronov in 2nd place. I thought I might go for the underdog, and have faith.:biggrin: Too much maybe. :laugh:
I put Machida in 1st and Yuzuru in 3rd place. :hopelessness:

Danja

Rinkside
Bronze medal for me!? I thought that after GPF I`ll compltely bomb down! But Dances have saved me))) It`s just unbelievable.
I want to thank all the scorers, you`ve done a great job! :thumbsup:

desertskates

Medalist
Congrats Medalists and everyone who did so well!! It was a fun competition with you all. And thanks again to the organizers and scorers.
Now I just really hope I can redeem myself at Nationals, lol!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
There have been times when I've wanted a tantrum emoticon - I'm thinking sort of the opposite of this one::rofl: - you know, except lying face forwards and kicking, and, obviously with an angry expression. And maybe one that, instead of slinking, exits in a huff, banging a door... (What? I'm somewhat.... irritable; and I find myself in particular irritating - and I'm stuck with myself 24/7! That's bound to get on anyone's mood... ;))

The predictions game is kind of like the men's discipline in general...so unpredictable, but you think after a few rounds you've got an idea what to expect, and then everything goes topsy-turvy in the final...:drama:

I am frustrated that I slid so far down the rankings after the final, but I'm glad that you got some redemption!