Hi everyone | Golden Skate

Hi everyone

Alex D

Record Breaker
I have been away for a longer time due recovery, I did not even remember my password, but I could recover it. I hope everyone is doing ok, Thanks for not deleting my account :)

I think about starting a twitter account to maybe do some figure skating related stuff, working as a columnist is not yet possible sadly, so I felt the 140 limit there would be helpful. Many things are still taking its time so this may be something for the future. Sometimes we should value what we have, even if its just something small.

Please guide me to any new forum rules I may need to know, I am trying to catch up with things, I want to watch worlds and maybe comment on it but I admit its still a bit tough for me at times.

I hope this was the right area to post this, I remembered this being the place where we talked more privatly, but I can not rely much on my memories atm. so maybe I am wrong.

Have a great day!

Alex

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hello @Alex D and welcome back! I am glad you are feeling well enough to post. Have you felt well enough to watch skating this year? What skating brought you the most joy during your recovery?

The Speakeasy is now open to members with a certain amount of posts, but certainly any information you feel comfortable sharing about yourself.

This is the subform where we will be commenting on Worlds

Hope to see you there!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thank you!

I have watched skating this year on my computer, but it was the skating from last season. The entire olympic competition is on my computer, with no commentary, just as I like it. I was impressed how much the sport moved forward, so many ladies I remembered from my days at the ice rink, are now big stars, that win medals.

The programs of Anna Shcherbakova were my favorites, she truly is an artist. I also enjoyed Loena, she always had it and her performances were beautiful, the Estonian girl was fun so was the polish. I did miss some skaters, I so hoped for a comeback of Gracie and that I could see Daša Grm once more or Medvedeva. She was at Beiijing, but not on the ice sadly.

I was incredible sad that Maddy and Evan did not win their medal, but the ice dance competition was beautiful and I was happy for the chinese pair to finally win their gold.

I have to admit, that the only FS event pre Olympics that I saw was the one where I did comment the ladies competition on here at this forum. I can say it now, I did not feel well at that time, but I wanted to do it just incase it would be my last opportunity.

I have not seen the europeans 2023, but I do know that Nastia Gubanova did win it, which is fantastic. She always had a big spot in my heart since meeting her at our events in Germany, since she was a kid. Each year she came over and was just incredible ahead of everyone else and she was always so friendly and kind and did skate lights out.

I miss all of that so much, its tough menthally to just watch and not be involved anymore, but I am trying to cope.

Earlier I did read about Hawayek/Baker and how their physical situation with injuries also impacted their menthal health and I can so relate to this so much. When you had a body that was flawless and working but suddenly breaks down, your menthal health suffers and you kind of work against your heart, as that wants you to compete nonetheless but this makes your physical problems worse and then you enter a cycle that is just not good for you.

I wish them happiness and a speedy recovery, its not easy but they have each other and this can truly move mountains.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you!

I have watched skating this year on my computer, but it was the skating from last season. The entire olympic competition is on my computer, with no commentary, just as I like it. I was impressed how much the sport moved forward, so many ladies I remembered from my days at the ice rink, are now big stars, that win medals.

The programs of Anna Shcherbakova were my favorites, she truly is an artist. I also enjoyed Loena, she always had it and her performances were beautiful, the Estonian girl was fun so was the polish. I did miss some skaters, I so hoped for a comeback of Gracie and that I could see Daša Grm once more or Medvedeva. She was at Beiijing, but not on the ice sadly.

I was incredible sad that Maddy and Evan did not win their medal, but the ice dance competition was beautiful and I was happy for the chinese pair to finally win their gold.

I have to admit, that the only FS event pre Olympics that I saw was the one where I did comment the ladies competition on here at this forum. I can say it now, I did not feel well at that time, but I wanted to do it just incase it would be my last opportunity.

I have not seen the europeans 2023, but I do know that Nastia Gubanova did win it, which is fantastic. She always had a big spot in my heart since meeting her at our events in Germany, since she was a kid. Each year she came over and was just incredible ahead of everyone else and she was always so friendly and kind and did skate lights out.

I miss all of that so much, its tough menthally to just watch and not be involved anymore, but I am trying to cope.

Earlier I did read about Hawayek/Baker and how their physical situation with injuries also impacted their menthal health and I can so relate to this so much. When you had a body that was flawless and working but suddenly breaks down, your menthal health suffers and you kind of work against your heart, as that wants you to compete nonetheless but this makes your physical problems worse and then you enter a cycle that is just not good for you.

I wish them happiness and a speedy recovery, its not easy but they have each other and this can truly move mountains.
Really nice post. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welcome back @Alex D
May your recovery continue to progress.
Be patient with yourself and rest when needed to give yourself time to further heal.

While you were away, I created catalogued many competitions into what I call the REWATCH. You can rewatch most any event old or new in competition order with no spoilers. I have searched to find all the programs for anyone who wants to watch them and created a link to them. I also added links to the ISU results so you can watch events out of your time zone.

You can find them in the fan fest area.
Here is a link to them so you can view anything you might have missed and want to see.

I hope you can enjoy some of them and will feel up to joining us more.

Last edited: