Jackson Mystique Upgrades | Golden Skate

Jackson Mystique Upgrades

AyaIceskates

Spectator
Country
United-States
Hey Everyone! So Im a teen skater and I've only been skating for about 4 months and got my mystiques after a months of private lessons. I got fitted by our rinks skate tech but I guess she assumed I'm still growing cuz she told me to size up. I skate 2-3 times a week each an hour and a half (aside from my 30 min privates) and after a while of skating in my skates I noticed that I would get a lot of pain in my heel and arches and would have to keep taking breaks during sessions. Im currently working on 3-turns, Mohawks, waltz jumps and toe loops and I'm not sure If I should get new skates. I also found that every 30 mins or so I have to re- tie my skates because especially around the side I feel my foot slipping around as well as my heel.

I weight around 135 and I'm 5'4. I think I have between African and Egyptian feet and I have regular arches. I plan on going to a skate shop to get professionally fitted in a month or so as its 4 hours away and my parents would have to take me but I'm just curious on whether this is normal or not. I also need some recommendations on skate brands and models that would work well for me as I have absolutely no idea.
Thank you for the help!

Last edited:

silverlily1

On the Ice
No, you shouldn't be slipping around, your heel should stay firmly cupped in place by the skate. They don't appear to be fit properly to you and might not even be the right brand for you (experts will weigh in on that). And you probably shouldn't be in those skates at all anyway, as you're over 115 lb and now working on single jumps.

They're skates for young kids, for the most part. You shouldn't be jumping in them at all.

Last edited:

AyaIceskates

Spectator
Country
United-States
No, you shouldn't be slipping around, your heel should stay firmly cupped in place by the skate. They don't appear to be fit properly to you and might not even be the right brand for you (experts will weigh in on that). And you probably shouldn't be in those skates at all anyway, as you're over 115 lb and now working on single jumps.

They're skates for young kids, for the most part. You shouldn't be jumping in them at all.
Thank you for the advice!! Do have any brands or models I should look into?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hey Everyone! So Im a teen skater and I've only been skating for about 4 months and got my mystiques after a months of private lessons. I got fitted by our rinks skate tech but I guess she assumed I'm still growing cuz she told me to size up. I skate 2-3 times a week each an hour and a half (aside from my 30 min privates) and after a while of skating in my skates I noticed that I would get a lot of pain in my heel and arches and would have to keep taking breaks during sessions. Im currently working on 3-turns, Mohawks, waltz jumps and toe loops and I'm not sure If I should get new skates. I also found that every 30 mins or so I have to re- tie my skates because especially around the side I feel my foot slipping around as well as my heel.

I weight around 135 and I'm 5'4. I think I have between African and Egyptian feet and I have regular arches. I plan on going to a skate shop to get professionally fitted in a month or so as its 4 hours away and my parents would have to take me but I'm just curious on whether this is normal or not. I also need some recommendations on skate brands and models that would work well for me as I have absolutely no idea.
Thank you for the help!
Hi and welcome. The person at your rink obviously just works in the pro shop and doesn't know what they are doing. You should have never been in those skates to begin with and especially not that big.

When you go for your professional fitting, definitely take the brands and models the fitter tells you works for your foot and try them, they will know best in most cases.
Ahead of time though, I'd say look at Edea, Graf and possibly Riedell with your foot shape. And please don't jump in your current skates, I would hate for you to get injured.

Your fitter will more than likely be putting you in boot only so you are going to need blades separate as well. Standard MK Pro or John Wilson Coronation Ace are good intermediate blades.

Good luck!

AyaIceskates

Spectator
Country
United-States
Hi and welcome. The person at your rink obviously just works in the pro shop and doesn't know what they are doing. You should have never been in those skates to begin with and especially not that big.

When you go for your professional fitting, definitely take the brands and models the fitter tells you works for your foot and try them, they will know best in most cases.
Ahead of time though, I'd say look at Edea, Graf and possibly Riedell with your foot shape. And please don't jump in your current skates, I would hate for you to get injured.

Your fitter will more than likely be putting you in boot only so you are going to need blades separate as well. Standard MK Pro or John Wilson Coronation Ace are good intermediate blades.

Good luck!
Ok thank you for the help I really appreciate it!