Hockey | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hockey

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I've been disappointed in Olympic hockey since the college kids stopped playing and the pros came in. I know that the national teams now are almost all professional, so pros make an even playing field, etc., but I still wish the kids were playing.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
hockeyfan228 said:
I've been disappointed in Olympic hockey since the college kids stopped playing and the pros came in. I know that the national teams now are almost all professional, so pros make an even playing field, etc., but I still wish the kids were playing.

It is all about TV ratings of course. :rofl:

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I won't say what I think or want to happen because I'm a big jinx. Suffice it to say I'm Canadian. :p

I was very surprised about the Todd Bertuzzi pick but I have complete confidence in Gretz.Go Canada!

Matt

On the Ice
I would prolly bet that Canada will be gold in both men and women. Even with Bertuzzi (controversial, yet he HAS been playing well w/ the Canucks), Canada does have a line-up that has some serious NHL muscle (one of my friends is a huge Lightning fan and never misses a moment to remind me their top 4 players made Team Canada :p ).

I would bet on the Czech Republic being on the podium somewhere. As long as they have Hasek in goal (even if they have Vokoun in goal, they're still dangerous).

I would put the other mens spot as a battle between USA, Sweden, and Finland (which I'd like to see Finland win because---well, I just like Finland :p )

Besides Ovechkin and Khabibullin, Russia needs more. Plus they've been having player retenetion issues with more than just Ovechkin

sk8rgrl3

Rinkside
My predicitions are that it will come down to the Czech's and Canada for the gold and the U.S. and Sweden playing it out for the bronze.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
slutskayafan21 said:
The Russian hockey team wont win in Turin. I doubt they will even medal.

Oh where - oh where are you, slutskayafan???? You answered me with this, two months ago.

TEAM ROSSIYA has made quarterfinals in style & are now among the huge faves for GOLD!!!! :rock: :rofl: :clap: :chorus:

ALES OVECHKIN -- #8 -- the Pluschenko of hockey!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
And Czechs and Canadians are barely making it to the quaterfinals.

How about Kovalchuk's 4 goals against Latvia???

millie

Medalist
OOOOOOOH Canada. What's happening to the team. Another loss today for Canada-that's two in a row. Finland beat them today. WEll,Well.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
slutskayafan21 said:
The Russian hockey team wont win in Turin. I doubt they will even medal.

Sorry for our Canadian friends but....

RUSSIA just won the quarterfinal! Onwards & upwards...to GOLD!!!!!

Team Rossiya -- three figure skating golds down - one to go!!!!

Russian Hockey Team -- GOLDEN!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

millie

Medalist
Frau Muller said:
Sorry for our Canadian friends but....

RUSSIA just won the quarterfinal! Onwards & upwards...to GOLD!!!!!

Team Rossiya -- three figure skating golds down - one to go!!!!

Russian Hockey Team -- GOLDEN!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great game today, Russia beat Canada 2-0. They both played a great game.
The Russians were a lot faster than the Canadians. Time to come home boys.

That's it Canada and the US are out of the Olympic games.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
What an embarassment for Canada. I'm sorry but that was a horribly played game (by Canada, not the Russians-they played well) All the badly timed penalties and incomplete passes. There was no charge to the Russian net. And choosing Bertuzzi came back and bit them in the arse because the stupid thug went and took a stupid penalty at the worst possible team. How do we have 6 of the top 9 scorers in the NHL, none of which are on the team????Um, hello, you need some scorers! The only guy who played well was my boy Marty but he needed some help out in front of the net and he needed someone playing offense. Next time, send the Juniors for crying out loud. Sydney Crosby sitting at home watching it on tv while Todd Bertuzzi goons it up.:banging:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Here is one happy Russian-American!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Russia!

Totally agree about the comment about Bartuzzi-thug above. He should be in prison, not at the Olympics.

Disappointed to US team..

mike79

On the Ice
Bertuzzi and Nash both played poorly the whole tournament, as did Pronger. I don't think Crosby would have made a difference but Spezza and Staal, both a little older than Crosby could have been on the team.

Not having Niedermayer really hurt on the Olympic size ice.