How do you get a coach? | Golden Skate

How do you get a coach?

takura

On the Ice
I've been searching and I can't find one, I think because we live in a small town in Alabama but I'm not sure.So please help me out! :confused:

RoaringMice

On the Ice
Do you have a rink nearby? If you do, then start there. Call them and see if they have a coach they can recommend. Tell them all about yourself - adult or not, beginner or not, etc. Then they can recommend a coach. It's a good place to start.

Another option is to go to the rink during a public or a freestyle session and see the coaches who are there. Go up to one (between lessons, of course) and ask if they would be willing to coach you, or if they can recommend someone.

takura

On the Ice
RoaringMice said:
Do you have a rink nearby? If you do, then start there. Call them and see if they have a coach they can recommend. Tell them all about yourself - adult or not, beginner or not, etc. Then they can recommend a coach. It's a good place to start.

Another option is to go to the rink during a public or a freestyle session and see the coaches who are there. Go up to one (between lessons, of course) and ask if they would be willing to coach you, or if they can recommend someone.

The only thing is I skate in a rink in a shoping mall.

lil_icesk8er915

On the Ice
The only thing is I skate in a rink in a shoping mall.

I see! Does the shopping mall rink have a club? Check the links that Sylvia gave you, or go to http://www.usfigureskating.com and scroll down to where it says "Find More About Your Club" (lower right) and type in your ZIP code. It should give you the closest clubs nearby with contact information. Contact those clubs and ask them about their coaching staff. Maybe you could drive to those clubs/rinks for lessons or you could ask a coach from those clubs to come to the mall to give you lessons. I hope I could help!

takura

On the Ice
lil_icesk8er915 said:
I see! Does the shopping mall rink have a club? Check the links that Sylvia gave you, or go to http://www.usfigureskating.com and scroll down to where it says "Find More About Your Club" (lower right) and type in your ZIP code. It should give you the closest clubs nearby with contact information. Contact those clubs and ask them about their coaching staff. Maybe you could drive to those clubs/rinks for lessons or you could ask a coach from those clubs to come to the mall to give you lessons. I hope I could help!
Sorry there are no skating clubs near Enterprise. :(