Huckabee: I am practicing Nancy Kerrigan school of politics | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Huckabee: I am practicing Nancy Kerrigan school of politics

netnuts

Match Penalty
Well I'm actually not that huge a fan of Obama anyway. I would probably vote for Clinton, but the basic truth is I would still vote for a bad democrat over a brilliant republican. Just 'cause. I know Huckabee's not a monster! He seemed like a pretty charming guy from what I've seen of him....but oh well, maybe I'll just stick to my ice dance threads. We'll see what happens I guess.

Clinton is one democrat I like. She is a pragmatist, not a demagogue. I am afraid she will not get the nod of her party mainly due to mainstream media's constant selling of Obama.

I hope Huckabee can win GOP nominee. He is connecting very well with ordinary people. He'll likely win OH and FL in a heartbeat while competing against elitist Obama. Huckabee is charming, most importantly he actually has had a good record to run on. He did improve the education standard in Arkansas etc.Obama's strength is among ultra-liberal, urban population, I don't believe he can win general election.

In a potential Huckabee/Obama matchup, I'm definitely rooting for little guy - Huckabee. :rock:

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
So peaceful and quiet here. Why don't all of you do yourselves and the nation a big favor and vote for John McCain, a man I truly believe can bring this country together, instead of Hilary Clinton the Great Polarizer/Divider and her Co-President husband. I believe McCain will please most of the people most of the time, and that is the most anyone should expect a President to do. None of us can or should get everything we want from a President.

Off-topic just a minute: On many occasions here I have had to log in a second time after typing a reply before that reply is posted, after I have already logged in to get to this forum. Why is this?:unsure:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
go to the feedback forum and ask that... in order to have it fixed it's best if the admin is aware of the problem :)

netnuts

Match Penalty
So peaceful and quiet here. Why don't all of you do yourselves and the nation a big favor and vote for John McCain, a man I truly believe can bring this country together, instead of Hilary Clinton the Great Polarizer/Divider and her Co-President husband. I believe McCain will please most of the people most of the time, and that is the most anyone should expect a President to do. None of us can or should get everything we want from a President.

Off-topic just a minute: On many occasions here I have had to log in a second time after typing a reply before that reply is posted, after I have already logged in to get to this forum. Why is this?:unsure:

Which president in recent history was not a 'polarizer'? It's a 50/50 country, of course every president will become the ultimate 'divider' in the end. This is exactly why it's so dangerous and delusional to elect somebody based on an elusive platform of 'uniter' and/or 'hope'. George W. Bush ran as a uniter against Gore, how does that pan out?

It's time to stop focusing on cult of personality, but on issues and solutions.

McCain will be a disastrous president. He has hot temper. More importantly, there's nothing in his record to suggest he has been an effective leader. His pet project and signature legislation - campaign financing reform has been a disaster. More, not less money has been pumped into political system. Both Clinton and Obama have raised $100 million respectively last year for their presidential run. Gosh, this is just the start.

Instead of running on these frivolous issues such as campaign financing reform, anti-lobbyist agenda, can these political elitists start to pay attention to ordinary people's bread-and-butter concerns?

This is exactly why I am only interested in Clinton and Huckabee.

Last edited:

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Well, all right, if you are totally resigned to the idea that the country can never again be unified because of all the ethnic diversity and the growing gap between the farthest left and the farthest right, then let's do away with politcal parties completely, list ALL the current candidates in alphabetical order by last name, and vote straight popular vote and whoever gets the most votes in November goes to the White House.

Hmmm... Who does that remind you of?

Just what we need another four years of.
Well if you believe in the correct God and have the right to invade a country on false pretentions and kill as many innocent people as possble, that's what I believe Huckabee can continue to give us because we ARE the Master Race.

Joe

netnuts

Match Penalty
Well if you believe in the correct God and have the right to invade a country on false pretentions and kill as many innocent people as possble, that's what I believe Huckabee can continue to give us because we ARE the Master Race.

Joe

That's absolutely untrue. As a Republican, Huckabee is actually far to the left on many issues, even on foreign policy/national security. He lambasted George W. Bush's 'bunker mentality', which caused a stir within Republican party.

I believe Huckabee is a very appealing candidate, if he wins the nominee, he will have over 60% of chance to claim the white house.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Instead of running on these frivolous issues such as campaign financing reform, anti-lobbyist agenda, can these political elitists start to pay attention to ordinary people's bread-and-butter concerns?
Such legislation is not frivolous - it is a prerequisite to the government being able to concentrate on the "ordinary people's bread-and-butter concerns".

Oh, and one more thing about Huckabee - sorry, but I just could not bring myself to ever vote for someone claiming not to believe in evolution. Just can't. Sorry.

stumbleina

Spectator
Huckabee

I won't comment on Huckabee's proposed foreign or domestic policies.

I would however love to know why Huckabee is making statements to lead us believe he's the victim of propaganda campaigns in the Republican primaries. The "work" that Huckabee and his cronies (and so many in the Republican party IMHO) have crafted to attack Mormonism and Mitt Romney really horrifies me. I don't want to live in a country where no one except Baptists, Presbyterians, and Methodists are considered worthy of being President (and yes I'm aware that Kennedy was a Catholic, but I'm talking about the norm here).

Fortunately, Huckabee will not win any state with an urban population of more than a million. I'm from Texas and I'm not even 100% certain he'd win here. He has no experience, I'm not fond of his judgemental attitute and I don't like the blatant lies he speads about a major denomination and it's followers.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
The "work" that Huckabee and his cronies (and so many in the Republican party IMHO) have crafted to attack Mormonism and Mitt Romney really horrifies me. I don't want to live in a country where no one except Baptists, Presbyterians, and Methodists are considered worthy of being President (and yes I'm aware that Kennedy was a Catholic, but I'm talking about the norm here).
I don't think that particular piece is Huckabee's fault. Fairly reasonable people I've talked to have said they just don't see voting for a Mormon. Pretty much ever. According to polls, the only people more un-electable than Mormons in the US are Muslims and atheists (mind you, in most of the first world countries, being atheist is not a drawback at all).

netnuts

Match Penalty
Fortunately, Huckabee will not win any state with an urban population of more than a million. I'm from Texas and I'm not even 100% certain he'd win here. He has no experience, I'm not fond of his judgemental attitute and I don't like the blatant lies he speads about a major denomination and it's followers.

Huckabee did not attack Romney's religion. If you look at his record, he has ALWAYS been a very compassionate conservative. He cares about poor people, he has done a lot on education, healthcare in Arkansas. He's quite lenient on illegals... Record matters. Traditional conservatives hate Huckabee since he does not always follow their 'tax-cutting' gospel.

IMHO, Huckabee will be VERY VERY competitive in Ohio, Florida etc. Despite Hussein Obama's flowery rhetoric, I doubt he will have any chance in these two states against Huckabee.

Huckabee simply connects with ordinary people, and Obama is a media elitist. He will win big in liberal states, but it won't matter.

I have every reason to believe Huckabee will sweep southern states in GOP primaries.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I won't comment on Huckabee's proposed foreign or domestic policies.

I would however love to know why Huckabee is making statements to lead us believe he's the victim of propaganda campaigns in the Republican primaries. The "work" that Huckabee and his cronies (and so many in the Republican party IMHO) have crafted to attack Mormonism and Mitt Romney really horrifies me. I don't want to live in a country where no one except Baptists, Presbyterians, and Methodists are considered worthy of being President (and yes I'm aware that Kennedy was a Catholic, but I'm talking about the norm here).

I totally completely agree. I am not one who believes in "the correct god". And not just "worthy of being president", worthy of being a citizen. I really don't care that Romney is a Mormon, but something about him just does not click with me. Huckabee makes me physically ill. If he by some freak is occupying the White House a year from now, I will be looking into Canada's immigration regs.Or maybe Austrailia's. Seriously.

chacha

Rinkside
huckabee

I can't see huckabee be the president either. He canjust preach. He does not know anything about the foreign policy, economy, homeland security issues. Everytime i listen to him, it sounds like reading a high school essay.He never gives any direct answer, just beat around the bush, using his preaching skills. I can't see somebody graduated Theology degree be a president of USA. He is not as nice as he portrayed himself. For Democrats, I just want the Clintons to go away, enough is enough. I can't stand another Clinton presidency. Hillary is too fake, greedy, cunning and corrupted. She would do anything to win, even crying in front of camera. It makes me depressed when I can't see any decent candidate. Maybe that's why people are so excited about Obama. Maybe he can be a "change"? People are sick and tired of Bush/Clinton.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Before you question anyone else's intelligence, you need to:

1) Learn how to spell Mississippi.
2) Note that Mississippi is 37% African American. Thus, "Mississippi" is a poor synonymn for "white racism."
3) Clean up your own backyard. Wherever that may be, I guarantee there is prejudice and hatred.
4) Figure out that the majority of Southerners have teeth, wear shoes, read, write, and do arithmetic. You might know this already if you weren't so hung up on your outdated stereotypes.
5). Get over your own religious bigotry. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Baptist minister and a graduate of Morehouse College, formerly known as Atlanta Baptist Seminary.

Susan from Birmingham, Alabama. Where Bull Connor has been dead for 34years, and the primary industry is medical research. Not bomb throwing.

you get'em!

TwistedAmerica

Spectator
What kinda person...

What kind of person would not vote for someone because they dont believe in dimembering a child piece by piece from its mothers womb. Or who wants to keep the moral ground of our country and ban gay marriage. If you are a believer in abortion why dont you view this link and scroll down to the bottom of the page...and if you are too scared to copy and paste this link then your just another misguided person who refuses to educate yourself!

http://www.armyofgod.com/POCNewletterJohnDunkle.html