Ice Age Kids - Where are they now? | Golden Skate

Ice Age Kids - Where are they now?

lappo

Final Flight
Ice Age Kids was an amazing showcase of Russian young talents, I'm really sad that they have changed the format to adults... that said, what are the young partecipants doing currently? I only know of Zinina, Akatieva, Zhilina and Berestovskaya... what about the others? Are they still competing, still with their coaches, are they already taking part in the junior circuit? Thanks in advance!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ice Age Kids was an amazing showcase of Russian young talents, I'm really sad that they have changed the format to adults... that said, what are the young partecipants doing currently? I only know of Zinina, Akatieva, Zhilina and Berestovskaya... what about the others? Are they still competing, still with their coaches, are they already taking part in the junior circuit? Thanks in advance!
You could have seen Kaganovskaya/Angelopol and Davis/Smolkin this year in international competitions (JGP and GP)
Arseniy Fedotov and Nikolay Kolesnikov continued with Tutberidze. Fedotov won a small competition recently (BAM) Kolesnikov advanced via Cup of Russia in juniors, losing only to I. Popov.
Belyavskiy is still with CSKA and competed in CoR
Maria Paramonova is with CSKA and didn't have the best season this year, unfortunately (you can see her in Russian Cup) and the same went for that young woman from Kostoroma that Tran'kov championed (can't remember the name).

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
The very cute pair Rumak/Goncharov competed domestically in the Russian Cup series as juniors last season. They were at Jr test skates this year and showed up in one local comp afterward, but I haven't seen them since, not sure what's happening :( On the other hand Gleb's older bro Egor did pretty well and won a medal or two!
Rumak/Goncharov were in a group photo recently posted in Instagram by their coach Rubleva, so I'm still hoping we see them sometime later this season.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Shinkarenko/Mikhailov, the winners of the second season of IA, also started to appear at the domestic competitions this season. Alisa Ovsiankina, who was second with her then partner Orekhov in the first season, also started to appear with her current partner Samokhin (one of the rare cases in this young age when the boy is younger than girl), they had some decent success at the domestic competitions but at the JGP they scored relatively low.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
BTW it wasn't change but actually a return to the previous format of the show, IA: Kids was more like a spin-off. Though I hope it would appear again in the future.

lappo

Final Flight
Thank you very much for your answers! It's good to know that several of them are thriving in the very competitive Russian figure skating world! What about Pokrasneteva/Makarov? They were my favourites on the show, I still watch their La La Land performance from time to time...and what about Karpova?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Thank you very much for your answers! It's good to know that several of them are thriving in the very competitive Russian figure skating world! What about Pokrasneteva/Makarov? They were my favourites on the show, I still watch their La La Land performance from time to time...and what about Karpova?
Ilya Makarov is now skating with Arina Gorshenina. Pokrasnetseva will appear later I suppose.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm really sorry they split :cry: Best of luck to him and his new partner, I just hope that Prokrasnetseva will find a new partner as well and keep skating otherwise it would be a waste of her talents.
Same.