Ice Dance Event | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance Event

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From the comments, I was expecting something like Grushina's pasties at the last Olympics. IMO, Madison's costume isn't that bare or that shocking.

oleada

Record Breaker
I was more offended by her hair. :p Madison is a gorgeous girl, and her haircut isn't very flattering.

rosee

On the Ice
Is that their FD costumes? I think green suited much better to to music...
As for Maddy's outfit, yes It's revealing...but It's Ice-Dance! No one should be surprised.

tangos

Rinkside
I thought I had heard dresses were to cover the belly button?? Otherwise I think the outfit is quite nice - not nearly as bare as what the russian skater (Kochlova??) wears.

samba

On the Ice
Her mom made her dresses. If her mom feels comfortable, we should too ;) I think they are trying to make her look sexy to portray the character. She also is competing Sr.level at Nationals. They prob. wanted her to look more "adult".

Kypma

Final Flight
Wow. So maybe her costume isn't that bad... then again I do have a fear of bikini's falling off, so I doubt I'd ever want to skate in such a costume... maybe if it had nude-colour material covering her stomach, I'd be less scared of her costume slipping off or something! But if her mom agrees, I suppose we shouldn't complain :)

-Kypma

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also like Madison's haircut, and find it a HUGE improvement over the messy, unkempt look she had at Junior Worlds.

lcd

Match Penalty
Piper Gilles had a similar costume:
http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pipergillessq0.jpg

So she's not the only ice dancer of this age to wear these kind of costume

I'm not convinced that citing another example such as this one is necessarily sufficient basis for finding the look "acceptable" Further, Madison is a truly beautiful girl, and not sure she needs to rely on such costuming to capture ones eye.

I'm not a prude though... it is a sport of theater and expression... so to each, their own... If it is the choice of a young girl, her parents/advisors/coaches to present the girl in such a way, then that is the choice they must be making ... doing what they believe to be the image that they feel best represents the skater.

While one can always say "it's ice dancing after all" and it may be a path to showing one to be more "senior"-like in appearance... but - I would say, that's not a complete enough explanation. When did we ever need to see the great Jane Torvill dressed in anything that distracted from the quality of her skating or her own regal beauty as an athlete and artist...

lmarie086

Medalist
I still don't think such a dress is necessary. And IMO, it detracts from Madison's beauty instead of enhancing it.

Are there any Youtubes yet?? I'm dying to see Madison and Keiffer!