Ice Dance - Just Was Not the Same Without D&L | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - Just Was Not the Same Without D&L

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well, I half-heartedly watched the ice dance final; I was not going to watch it at all, but thought I would give my support to Wing and Low. I am really proud of them for a job well done.

I thought the Lithuanian couple were too underscored. They deserved a medal. They had the most chemistry out there and showed the most emotion.

Belbin and Agusto were okay, but I don't find there is much emotion in their skating. Their program was not that special.

Congratulations to the Russians.

On to the ladies event....

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
Yeah, I really missed D/L here a lot. Their FD would have been such a breath of fresh air. I usually really love B/A but not really this dance. I was not at all impressed by N/K's either. I thought the Lithuanians were really underscored and should have finished ahead of the Italiens. I also thought the French team should have finished on the podium instead of the Ukrainians who were SLOW and boring to boot. It was all the more heartbreaking, because, given what we saw, D/L could have finished on the podium for sure.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I was DEVESTATED to hear of D/L's withdrawal; I almost cried along with them when they were talking to Tracy Wilson on NBC. I was especially rooting for them because I've actually met them and found them very charming, and then they had such a fantastic season up till the OD. The Dance Final lost a lot of its excitement with me because of their absence.

Well -- I geuss now we D/L fans (and Canada, of course) can now hope that they pull an Underhill & Martini at the Worlds in Calgary!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
I was DEVESTATED to hear of D/L's withdrawal; I almost cried along with them when they were talking to Tracy Wilson on NBC. I was especially rooting for them because I've actually met them and found them very charming, and then they had such a fantastic season up till the OD. The Dance Final lost a lot of its excitement with me because of their absence.

Well -- I geuss now we D/L fans (and Canada, of course) can now hope that they pull an Underhill & Martini at the Worlds in Calgary!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

One can always hope. It would be nice for them to end their career on a positive note. I am sure they can.

nymkfan51

Medalist
I feel terrible for D&L. :cry: I LOVE their FD and am so sad the world missed the opportunity to see it. Hopefully she can recover quickly and they can have their big moment in Calgary instead!!! :thumbsup:

Antilles

Medalist
I ws so sad for them. I saw their interview with Andrea Joyce on NBC. They both cried. My Mum and I both teared up watching it. I hope they can compete in Calgary, and nail all of their programs.

mike79

On the Ice
I agree with everyone. I too hope that they can come back and medal in Calgary. Their My Fair Lady LP is magnificent.

Kasey

Medalist
mike79 said:
I agree with everyone. I too hope that they can come back and medal in Calgary. Their My Fair Lady LP is magnificent.

Their free dance is to "Somewhere in Time".

CDMM1991

Medalist
On Olympic Ice they showed Patrice bowing at the end of his very last Olympic practice, by himself. And as he left, he crouched down and touched the Olympic rings on the ice. You could tell he knew it was going to be his last time on Olympic ice, and just wanted to savour it. I was so sorry to see them unable to show the world their true potential on Olympic ice.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I didn't even watch the FD. Count me as one who still feels ice dance is not decided by what happens on the ice. I also find many of the pairs boring with the same old, same old routines. And I just cannot get on the Belbin and Agosto bandwagon. Sorry, but I don't like them at all. I would have watched for Dubreuil and Lauzon because I thought their FD was special and I've always loved that piece of music for skating. I hope M-F is in top shape for Calgary and that they give it heck there.

mike79

On the Ice
Kasey said:
Their free dance is to "Somewhere in Time".

Yes, you're right. I don't know how I mixed them up. Maybe I was thinking of K&P's 1990 FD. My bad.

Had there been no accident (for me it wasn't a fall), I don't think they would have medaled anyway, but I would add them to my list of skaters who should have medaled. I won't open the can of worms and say who they would have replaced.;)

Joe

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Heh, I will, Joe, they should have booted the Ukrainians off the podium. (I will not say what ORDER I think the three teams, N/K, B/A, and D/L, should have been in.)

I hate their FD music and REALLY HATE the movie from which it comes, but it's still a beautiful program. Maybe Worlds, maybe Worlds....