Ice Dancing - Extended Lifts | Golden Skate

Ice Dancing - Extended Lifts

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
This really hurts the sport of ice dancing this season when the ISU decided to deduct for extended lifts

We have already done 2 GP events and the top ice dancers have received at least 2 points or more in deductions because of extended lifts :mad:

They shouldn't have made this a rule :mad: It just ticks me off

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
ITA. In an interview I read (and translated) TT also talked about how dumb this rule is. One thing she pointed out is that it forces skaters to completely disregard the music, which is not the point of ice skating.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Yeah, great idea, because those "bend the girl into a pretzel and balance her on your knee" stunts they're cramming in now are SO much more attractive.

Dude, memo to the ISU: 1. We dance to the same rythms as ballroom dancers. That doesn't me we ARE ballroom dancers. We have a whole arena and momentum. Let us use it. 2. In ballroom, they have lifts that are not only longer than a couple seconds, they're over the man's shoulders, too. While I'm not advocting lasso lifts for dance, cut us all some slack, kthnxbye.

toutestgrace

Rinkside
I see that Biellmania has infested ice dance as well. On the count of three, everybody grab their skate blade, no matter how stupid it looks.

nicole_l

Final Flight
Yeah, but the split position is limited to one lift only...
I agree, there's way too many restrictions.