Ice Dreams National Tour -- anyone heard of this? | Golden Skate

Ice Dreams National Tour -- anyone heard of this?

magictodo

On the Ice
Sounds like it's going to try to compete eventually with Stars on Ice. Biggest get is reigning national champs Ashley Gain-Gribble and Timothy Leduc (in a twitter thread with me and some other posters, she said Stars on Ice didn't invite them).

Other skaters include Gracie, Jeremy Abbot, Max Aaron and Polina Edmunds.

Wondering what the production values will be like. The tour locations seem kinda random.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ice Dreams has been around for a while, below is a promo from 2014.

They are very random, and promote shows here and there, Christmas shows, shows during the season. They are not presenting (or at least in the past have not) "whole shows" like SOI.

I know them because Rohene Ward skates with them from time to time. :)

I want to say that Fireworks Marketing, that sponsors them, is somehow related to agent Tara Modlin, but I cannot find immediate proof and could be completely wrong.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sounds like it's going to try to compete eventually with Stars on Ice. Biggest get is reigning national champs Ashley Gain-Gribble and Timothy Leduc (in a twitter thread with me and some other posters, she said Stars on Ice didn't invite them).

Other skaters include Gracie, Jeremy Abbot, Max Aaron and Polina Edmunds.

Wondering what the production values will be like. The tour locations seem kinda random.

As el henry noted, the history of Ice Dreams goes back many years.
What I remember from 2013 is that the cast included Johnny Weir, Max Aaron, Richard Dornbush, Jason Brown, Samantha Cesario, Hannah Miller (IIRC?) -- among others. Sorry that off the top of my head, I do not recall who else.
(Fans especially of U.S. men posted some video and photo links in various GS threads at the time.)

Among the 2013 locations were Jamestown, NY, and Oakland, CA. Although it is possible that I have forgotten one or two other locations, the scale was nothing like the ten-show tour that Ice Dreams is planning for 2022.
My opinion is that if anything, Ice Dreams would have the self-awareness that any notion of becoming "competition" for SOI could be only a very looong-term goal at this point.
The Ice Dream production values in 2013 were not in the league of SOI, and I would not have higher expectations in 2022 (but would be happy to be surprised).

Please don't get me wrong. I think it is great that Cain-Gribble/LeDuc and Max ❤️ and others will have the opportunity to perform on the Ice Dreams tour. 🥳
Yesterday I already was looking into transportation options in order to see Max live again. :)

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I've seen their promo stuff on social media and they reached out to me to share the word. The tour is similar to stars on ice this year (last year was just one) but they're promoting more future stars and not as many current olympians. I hope to go to the Worcester show this year (which isn't in Worcester lol). I can report back in may since I've been to both. It's $110 to skate in it or $125 for the meet and greet so I thought that was interesting (Stars on ice is $60 for the meet and greet but was $300 to skate in it). Ticket prices are about the same.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've seen their promo stuff on social media and they reached out to me to share the word. The tour is similar to stars on ice this year (last year was just one) but they're promoting more future stars and not as many current olympians. I hope to go to the Worcester show this year (which isn't in Worcester lol). I can report back in may since I've been to both. It's $110 to skate in it or $125 for the meet and greet so I thought that was interesting (Stars on ice is $60 for the meet and greet but was $300 to skate in it). Ticket prices are about the same.
I've been to the rink in Marlborough, its nice. And to let other posters know, the Marlborough, Ma location, there is a mall down the street and hotels on the same road. So its a good location.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I've been to the rink in Marlborough, its nice. And to let other posters know, the Marlborough, Ma location, there is a mall down the street and hotels on the same road. So its a good location.
Good to know! I competed there once a few years ago but it’s only 45 min away so I’d just drive home.
If I pay $110 do I get to skate a duet with Gracie Gold?
From what I gather it’s a group routine so no (in stars on ice the future stars didn’t skate with the main performers)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did you get a email receipt after purchasing or just the Paypal receipt? Going to the MA show :)
The one I'm going to in is June. There's no link to buy it yet. I said "I'm going" on the assumption it doesn't sell out. One can email them about tickets. Was there a link to buy your ticket or did you email?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was interested in the Long Island show but there is no town listed. Long Island is over 100 miles long, lol. I asked on their IG post and got a like but no answer. Why announce a date with no venue?

I went to an ID show a few years ago in Westchester that featured Rohene and Jeremy along with Starr, Alysa and Mirai. It was fun and I would attend again but not if it's far from the city.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The one I'm going to in is June. There's no link to buy it yet. I said "I'm going" on the assumption it doesn't sell out. One can email them about tickets. Was there a link to buy your ticket or did you email?
Mines in may so there is a link to buy the ticket. I'd assume it won't sell out, but I'm anxious and buy everything early. If anything the skating in the show and the VIP tickets will sell out before the general tickets. Debating on getting tickets for evening with champions as well but i think with SOI and this I'm good.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mines in may so there is a link to buy the ticket. I'd assume it won't sell out, but I'm anxious and buy everything early. If anything the skating in the show and the VIP tickets will sell out before the general tickets. Debating on getting tickets for evening with champions as well but i think with SOI and this I'm good.
Yes I want a VIP ticket.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yea I’m skating in the show but I’ve been in contact with them so they’ve acknowledged my payment and have already contacted me with early rehearsal info so i think I’m good
That is going to be very cool. Too bad I am too old and can't skate. I'm mainly concerned with the meet and greet though.

nancela

Rinkside
I was interested in the Long Island show but there is no town listed. Long Island is over 100 miles long, lol. I asked on their IG post and got a like but no answer. Why announce a date with no venue?

I went to an ID show a few years ago in Westchester that featured Rohene and Jeremy along with Starr, Alysa and Mirai. It was fun and I would attend again but not if it's far from the city.
I went on the Ice Dreams website and clicked on the Long Island show.

Long Island has now been replaced with East Meadow, NY on their list of show locations. I believe you can take the LIRR to Hempstead and then order an Uber from there, but I've never done it so you'd need to confirm that.