Ideal jump layout for Mao? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ideal jump layout for Mao?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
And it's not only the base value at stake - the GoEs are just important. If I was Mao's coach, I would get rid of everything that could make the judges go downgrade-happy and put my money on jumps that Mao gets a high GoE on. Just for the Olympic season, of course - then Mao could work on 3Lz and 3-3s again. :)

Mao might not even be skating next year. If she wins an OM, idk why she would want to. She's in college now right?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
3Axel
3Flip-3Loop
3Sal
-----------
2Axel-3Toe
3Lutz-2Loop-2Loop
3Flip
3Loop

Still want to see an 8-Triple program from Mao. She can do it.

Oscilla

On the Ice
No problem, prettykeys. :) (Actually I am a teacher in a high school... That's why the silly title. :laugh:)

Mao might not even be skating next year. If she wins an OM, idk why she would want to. She's in college now right?

Mao repeatedly stated that she will not only stay for the next Olympic circle, but perhaps even for the next one after Sochi. Yes, she's in college, but I've always got a feeling that she is utterly dedicated to skating. I think that even after she retires from competetive skating, she will remain in the sport as a show skater and/or a coach.

katakwan

Rinkside
Here is a suitable layout for Mao in my humble opinion.

SP

3F-2T
3Lo
2A

LP

2A or 3A(If she must)
3F-2Lo-2Lo
3F
3Lo-2T*
3Lo*
3T-2Lo*
2A*

silverlake22

Record Breaker
No problem, prettykeys. :) (Actually I am a teacher in a high school... That's why the silly title. :laugh:)

Mao repeatedly stated that she will not only stay for the next Olympic circle, but perhaps even for the next one after Sochi. Yes, she's in college, but I've always got a feeling that she is utterly dedicated to skating. I think that even after she retires from competetive skating, she will remain in the sport as a show skater and/or a coach.

That's cool. She can be like Fumie and skate until she's 30!

SXTN

Final Flight
But this year it's not that risky to try 3-3's...

look at yuna at GPF.. the judges aren't supposed to give negative GOE anymore on downgraded jumps... yuna's 3-3 was downgraded and i think she still got more than 1 point + GOE....

in the summer practices that were shown mao did 3L-3L, 3T-3T and even 3F-3L-2L.... what went wrong with all those combos all of a sudden??

magicalwords

On the Ice
look at yuna at GPF.. the judges aren't supposed to give negative GOE anymore on downgraded jumps... yuna's 3-3 was downgraded and i think she still got more than 1 point + GOE....

I thought it was changed so that the judges can still give negative GOE, but they just can't see whether a jump was downgraded or not. Sorry if I misinterpreted. :p

Anyway, some great layouts for Mao here. Hope her team changes her layout and comes up with one that she's comfortable with and also milks those points out :)

Kypma

Final Flight
SP:
3A
2A
3F+2T

Hm... Maybe if she put footwork into the 2A as well, she could have a plan B of replacing it by a 3Lo for example. That way, if she doubles the 3A, she could avoid getting her 2A invalidated (like at Cup of Russia this year), by using the doubled attempt as her 2A and having the 3Lo out of footwork as the solo triple. I think the setpups for axels and loops are close enough that she could practice both and then use the loop if needed, after all it's one of her better jumps, no?

SXTN

Final Flight
I thought it was changed so that the judges can still give negative GOE, but they just can't see whether a jump was downgraded or not. Sorry if I misinterpreted

your interpretation is right.. and if mao does her usual one-half-too-short 3-3 which normal cameras don't catch , judges would give at least a +0.5 GOE... unless she messes up by two-footing, falling out of the combo or falling totally down on the ice.....