IFS article on Cohen (she's on the cover) + IFS website update | Golden Skate

IFS article on Cohen (she's on the cover) + IFS website update

R.D.

Record Breaker
What the heck, I'll post this anyway.

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/v12i1/coverstory.html

The constant media attention on Kwan is something Cohen does not find distracting to her own skating. "I am used to it by now. It happens every year [with people saying], 'It is title No. 7, No. 8, No. 9.' It is usual. That is what nationals are about," Cohen said. "She is going in defending a title. She is a very strong skater. She has won five World and nine U.S. titles. But this year with the new system, I think things will be a little different. I have improved and hopefully everything will turn out a little differently."

With all that talk about her confidence, I think we now have an answer. That said, I hope she's not counting on the system to reward her. Kwan will still win if Cohen flubs and leaves the door open, IMO.

The hype begins. She's already plastered on this Olympic preview issue. I knew it. :cool:

kyla2

Final Flight
LOVED The Article

Red Dog, thanks for posting the article. I loved it. I think she comes off beautifully and she is a credit to the sport. She said nice things about everyone, including Robin and Tatiana. I wish her the best. I think she has alot of insight into her skating issues and training.

millie

Medalist
A very enlightening article. Its nice to see that she is becoming confident and trying to work hard. Let's hope that she can put all this together and skate a wonderful program. It would be nice also to hear from Michelle to see how she is doing.:) :)

"LET THE GAMES BEGIN":) :) :)

Usually, I get the copy of IFS before they put it on their website.

The article is very refreshing from her previous interviews and certainly better than those on her journal. That picture in the black gown, she looks like daughter of Frankenstein. Hopefully it looks better than it does on the net.

I have to agree with Kwan out of skating for four months - months that are most important - Cohen should not have a problem with the US Nats. If she doesn't win, well........ there's the Olys. She has drive and that is what it takes. Good Luck, Sasha.

Joe

kyla2

Final Flight
Joe

Geez Louise Joe, "The Bride of Frankenstein?" I thought she looked stunning. I would love to know how Michelle is doing also. We will know Sunday.

orchid

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
What the heck, I'll post this anyway.

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/v12i1/coverstory.html

With all that talk about her confidence, I think we now have an answer. That said, I hope she's not counting on the system to reward her. Kwan will still win if Cohen flubs and leaves the door open, IMO.

The hype begins. She's already plastered on this Olympic preview issue. I knew it. :cool:

Okay, She doen't find the talk of Kwan distracting, but what about the years of talk "that she is the one". Isn't it possible that now without that premature and unrealized, prediction, SC can be confidient?

As yet, she isn't expected to win the Nats, rather make the Olympic team. Moreover, the talk about the color of her (possible) Olympic medal is also premature. We have seen Irina skate...and Alissa.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Usually, I get the copy of IFS before they put it on their website.

The article is very refreshing from her previous interviews and certainly better than those on her journal. That picture in the black gown, she looks like daughter of Frankenstein. Hopefully it looks better than it does on the net.

Joe

I think they've stood on her on two or three boxes!!!!

Ant

kyla2 said:
Geez Louise Joe, "The Bride of Frankenstein?" I thought she looked stunning. I would love to know how Michelle is doing also. We will know Sunday.
Kyla - It might be my computer. It's not the best. Also my fashion expertise is zero. My comment was not aimed at Sasha but the photo. Sasha is a beautiful woman now.

Michelle is true to form - not that I like it. She could be in the worst shape of her life and we will not hear any complaints. Illnesses, injuries are not for sympathy in the Kwan camp. We'll check things out in that thing in Boston.

Joe