In honor of Kwan's Hall of Fame induction | Page 4 | Golden Skate

In honor of Kwan's Hall of Fame induction

Red Violin for jumps but how can anyone pick that over !) Lyra 2) SOTBS 3) Tosca. It was all about the jumps, very empty choreographically in comparison.

It's all in the presentation. Sell it, sell it, sell it! If jumps is what ya got, sell the jumps. Michelle had a way of making you feel at every moment that she had just done something astonishing, that she was just about to do something astonishing, that was doing something astonishing right now before your very eyes. :laugh:

If you compare the Red Violin to Tosca, Tosca does not have anything out of the ordinary in terms of connecting choreography either. Or Aranjuez, for that matter (although Aranjuez was the first program where she put in a really mind-popping footwork sequence.) But -- oh those performances!

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
I just cried reading this - I'm gonna be a hot mess when she actually gets inducted! They better show this fully on TV or IN or Universal sports or something!

(Hugs to Rudy - hope you are inducted next year!).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just cried reading this - I'm gonna be a hot mess when she actually gets inducted! They better show this fully on TV or IN or Universal sports or something!

(Hugs to Rudy - hope you are inducted next year!).

it's honestly not that big a deal or exciting (presentation wise). They get like 5 minutes to bring the people out to the ice, they give them the plaque and the medal, they wave, and it's done... not as thrilling as th eUSFSA makes it out to be.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
it's honestly not that big a deal or exciting (presentation wise). They get like 5 minutes to bring the people out to the ice, they give them the plaque and the medal, they wave, and it's done... not as thrilling as th eUSFSA makes it out to be.

Awww Toni let us Kwan fans bask in her honor. :bow:

Originally the ceremony was to be held during the Men's competition but it has been changed to be held
after the Ladies FS. I would not be surprised if Michelle awards the Medals.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm just saying that TV will probably show the highlight but that people shouldn't be upset that they don't show *the whole thing* on TV. Because really TV is doing you the favor of not having to sit through them dragging out the mats so that she can walk on the ice without slipping etc etc...

Layfan

Record Breaker
We must take a moment to give mad love to Kwanatic :bow: :bow:

Best. Quote. Ever.

Now, on to my favorites...

I ALWAYS loved Kwan from her first Nationals to her last Pro showcase... That young woman is dope. However, I've always been partial to the Diva Kwan than the Phenom Kwan so my choices are older:

Short Program: The Feeling Begins - she made that overdone music tolerable and for that, I am grateful.
Long Program: Red Violin at Worlds was undoubtly a masterpiece and when I'm being worshipping at the feet of Kwan as Athlete, this program is my favorite.

However...

As the hardcore uber that I am - Can one even question the brlliance that was Tosca at 2004 Nationals? Everytime I watch that (and yes, its bookmarked on You Tube - just in case I need a quick hit) all I can say is: Dude.

Exhibition has to be A Song for You at the Marshall's Cheesefest. I cried like a baby. One - that's my second favorite song of all time (donnie hathaway version) Two - The tribute was out of control and Three - watching that, you recognize her talent wasn't about the jumps or spins. It was about that awe-factor that she created on the ice... and it's so beautiful, it breaks your heart the beauty of that girl's talent. Wow...

"Dude." That about sums it up for me, too. ;)

emma

Record Breaker

ummm....ouch! (still gonna watch it with tissue box nearby :p )

And, everything Kwanford wife said.....(except, I might, just might, pick Aranjuez over Tosca :biggrin: )

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ummm....ouch! (still gonna watch it with tissue box nearby :p )

And, everything Kwanford wife said.....(except, I might, just might, pick Aranjuez over Tosca :biggrin: )

sorry I just remember being so excited to see my first award dealio and then being completely... bored and annoyed with it because it just isn't as amazing as it should be.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Toni's just depressed cause the sun is no longer rising up there.....I think this is gonna be the most exciting half time show I have seen at an event...even better than seeing all the US Olympic Gold medalists at once. Like I keep sayin', there are many champions, but very few Legends of the NOT Fall......She is simply the best.....and she has class. (OK, and YES, she is HOT )

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Toni's just depressed cause the sun is no longer rising up there.....I think this is gonna be the most exciting half time show I have seen at an event...even better than seeing all the US Olympic Gold medalists at once. Like I keep sayin', there are many champions, but very few Legends of the NOT Fall......She is simply the best.....and she has class. (OK, and YES, she is HOT )

Don't make me go all psycho Alaskan on you! It ain't tourist season, I don't have to be nice! LOL We get the sunrise where I am. I'm not up North!

I'm glad to hear you're getting sunrise, Tonichelle. I once spent a winter in the U.K., and that was plenty dark enough for me.

Ooh, I hope someone from here gets to go to the reception and reports back to us. Is anyone actually going to be at Nationals?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chris is going, IIRC ;) and kwanfan1212 normally does as well.

We're planning on attending Nationals (our vacation for 2012 and a chance to visit some of our Northern CA relatives). We won't be at the HOF reception, to my knowledge (how do you get into it?), but we don't want to miss the induction ceremony! I am thrilled for Michelle, but I also wish that Rudy would be inducted along with her this year.