Interview with Virtue/Moir at HPC | Golden Skate

Interview with Virtue/Moir at HPC

sarama

Medalist
Great! I've had a couple of bad days and Tessa and Scott's return has been really inspirational: I love how underneath their competitiveness there is such a passion and genuine love for what they do, which is what I think kept them going after Vancouver and now as well.
Off topic: I hope their return ignites some sparks back in WeaPo, who were way better before V/M left... Then we would have an awesome ID season, with P/C the Shibs and hopefully some decent new choreography from Chock/Bates

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ted asked some great questions! Particularly about training and living in Montreal!

Thanks so much for the interview.

LauraV

On the Ice
Nice interview and I'm delighted that Tessa and Scott are back.

I'm going to let them determine how much they care about placements and results - I just look forward to enjoying their skating again. Can't wait to see their new programs.......

mrrice

Record Breaker
Good Grief, Tessa is Beautiful!!!. I hope they really enjoy their comeback no matter the results. I love watching them dance.

TangoTraumatica

On the Ice
mrrice I completely agree! I'd obviously love for them to come back strong and get strong international results, but ultimately I'm just happy to see new programs and to watch them perform. Sure there are other phenomenal teams out there, and I don't mean to discredit them, but Tessa and Scott are easily my favorite dance team to watch and I doubt that will change any time soon.

Edited to Add: Eep! Forgot the whole reason I came to this thread! They announced at HP Camp that their SD music is a Prince medley and that their FD is Sam Smith's acoustic version of Latch. Can't wait!

Last edited:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Off topic: I hope their return ignites some sparks back in WeaPo, who were way better before V/M left... Then we would have an awesome ID season, with P/C the Shibs and hopefully some decent new choreography from Chock/Bates

Now let's see if the judges also reward WeaPo for their risks. Hopefully the return of V/M will also inspire them to gun for that podium too.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Welcome back V&M. Now anonymous judging is gone, I am curious to see how much returns of 9s and 10s and who with. One of the main reason I am looking forward to this season.