Is Anyone Going to the Providence RI Marshall's Cheesefest?? | Golden Skate

Is Anyone Going to the Providence RI Marshall's Cheesefest??

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The ladies lineup is great. They are going to have, Miki, Fumie, Michelle, Sasha, Irina(!), and Jenny too. Shizuka has been asked, but I haven't heard whether she has answered yet.

The men are Evgeni, Weiss, Weir, Goebel, Joubert and Evan Lysachek

I&B will do an exhibition

B&A are doing an exhibition too

Lots of good seats left (since it is just 1 hour away from my house, I'm going)

There is a link to the event on the www.usfsa.org
web page.

Last edited:

brenlynn

On the Ice
wish i could!! sounds like a really great competition!!! have fun and make sure you report back ;)

ouridol

On the Ice
Aww! I wanna go! I live nowhere near it. :(
Pooey, I'll have to settle for watching it on TV...

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I do live nearby, but it's the 2nd sedar (2nd night of Passover).

Rixis

On the Ice
Okay...I knew it had something to do with being cheesy but what makes it so cheesy? ;)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
From cheesy, meaning corny.

Oh, I thought it was called cheesy because it was so holy! Or, is that for the cheesefests located in Switzlerland? :D :laugh: :eek: :D :laugh: :eek:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I believe the original format for these competitions were pro/ams. At which point they were kind of cheesy. You know, Josee Choiniard landing one triple in a Canadian cheesefest beats World champion skating a clean program was a possible outcome in the cheesefest format. Then the competition morphed into amateus only doing their complete LP's. At which point they were definitely not cheesy.

I always wondered whether the presence in the world of Cheesehead fans of the Packers influenced the original wit's choice of name. But it stuck, and 'challenges' is not a very compelling name. So people still call them cheesefests.

dpp