Is Golden Skate going downhill because of childish fights between Yuna and Mao fans? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Is Golden Skate going downhill because of childish fights between Yuna and Mao fans?

propronia

Match Penalty
Kim's landed it in "real competitions" before. It's clearly shaky but I wouldn't say she doesn't have it.

Of couse I'm not talking bout before. Kim avoided the triple loop even when scoring 106 points is enough to win. She's not complaining about "pains" now. Therefore "health problems" can't be an excuse. I must say she doesn't have it. Anyway Mao's performance at NHK must have put huge pressure on her. It's very similar to the situation before 4CC of this year.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Of couse I'm not talking bout before. Kim avoided the triple loop even when scoring 106 points is enough to win. She's not complaining about "pains" now. Therefore "health problems" can't be an excuse. I must say she doesn't have it. Anyway Mao's performance at NHK must have put huge pressure on her. It's very similar to the situation before 4CC of this year.

(sigh) Kim's triple loop is troublesome for her, but once again she has landed it in competition before... See last year, when she landed it twice, and went for it 3/4 times she skated. Also as a Junior she landed it before as well on several occassions.

I don't think Kim's "confident" in her triple loop but she has landed it enough times so that to say she doesn't have it isn't real either. It's inconsistent though for sure. But there's a difference between a jump being inconsistent and not having the jump at all.

I think though that in many cases she finds it way to easy to just go for the double axel instead.

Last edited:

Luciana

Rinkside
Despite such lovely comments, do you think that Kim fans have to keep silence only? :bow:

IMO, they really want to do.
I'm not Korean but I agree there are many Japanese People's(or their side) post.
After teb, they attacked Joannie not Kim but they didn't tell their athletes' high score.
If Nagasu or Wagner won Asada, they would attack them not Joannie or Kim.

To tell the truth, most of the Korean "experts" didn't know Plushenko after Torino Olympics. Everything started at JW in 2006.

I don't like these kinds of words. It's rude. It also proved you are Japanese to other people like me. After Wagner, I like figure skating and I didn't know Plushenko before 2007. So will you laugh at me, too?

Yogudin

Rinkside
To tell the truth, most of the Korean "experts" didn't know Plushenko after Torino Olympics. Everything started at JW in 2006.

That's the real way in which Mao' fans begin their treads. And they want Kim's fans to keep silence. If kim's fans respond to them, they say that Ya know GS used to be a quality forum before the Korean invasion!

Medusa

Record Breaker
That's the real way in which Mao' fans begin their treads. And they want Kim's fans to keep silence. If kim's fans respond to them, they say that Ya know GS used to be a quality forum before the Korean invasion!
Let's just say GS used to be a bit less annoying. I don't care who it is or where they come from - it's just really really annoying, a bunch of people who can't seem to relax or develop a sense of humour. All those conspiracy theories and tons of videos and pictures that show us all that, well, basically no skater in the world can really jump. Yesterday after the SP there were pictures of Mao's jumps posted only minutes after the scores were - same happened when people were discussing Kim's jumps.

And people are really mean to each other - about what, an inside edge? That's not being a passionate fan - that's obstinate and obnoxious.
My ignore list became so crowded these past few days - I had to set up a few couches to accomodate them all and I provide them with free drinks, helps with the relaxing part! But the ignore list feature is really helpful, some threads are only 6 posts long for me now!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
My ignore list became so crowded these past few days - I had to set up a few couches to accomodate them all and I provide them with free drinks, helps with the relaxing part! But the ignore list feature is really helpful, some threads are only 6 posts long for me now!

:rofl::rofl:

kandidy

Final Flight

Wow, you really know that much in detail for "the most of the Korean" that made me wonder you are Korean or Japanese. I am so sick of country bashing and I really need some help from administrator to ban those who use discrimination to bash other skaters they are not in favored.

Yogudin

Rinkside
Dear Medusa!

Let's just say GS used to be a bit less annoying. I don't care who it is or where they come from - it's just really really annoying, a bunch of people who can't seem to relax or develop a sense of humour. All those conspiracy theories and tons of videos and pictures that show us all that, well, basically no skater in the world can really jump. Yesterday after the SP there were pictures of Mao's jumps posted only minutes after the scores were - same happened when people were discussing Kim's jumps.

And people are really mean to each other - about what, an inside edge? That's not being a passionate fan - that's obstinate and obnoxious.

As Yu-Na started a figure skating wave in Korea, it makes Korean fans to just learn what the sport is about, what the various jumps are, what spins and spirals are supposed to look like, what edge calls are and what under-rotating means and so on. It has been so natural that some of them should have dropped in GS for further reference for the first time. But, while they were at GS, they should have been really surprised with how Yuna and Yuna fans have been trashed day in and day out on this forum by Mao fans. Such situation had given rise to a kind of strong motivation for Yuna's fans to protect Yuna.

Who had caused the incivility indeed? Who had posted the pics and videos of Kim’s jumps previously? Some obnoxiousness can just lead to another obnoxiousness! What if Mao's fans keep trashing Yuna, but if they wanna Yuna's fans keep silence only? Is it the real CIVILITY at GS? Trashing can just lead to another trashing! At least Yu-na fans are not too obnoxious to ask Mao fans to keep silence only, saying even in that way - "Ya know GS used to be a quality forum before the Korean invasion!!!!"

Last edited:

haro

Spectator
Please settle down.
It cannot be proven that the criticism was started of whom.
It is more important to stop criticizing from now on.
Revenge is very childish.
The person who noticed it has to stop it.
I think The person who continues criticizing even if it is noticed is not a figure skating fan.
Most figure skating fans do not want to see the slander to skaters.
In Japan, there are quite a lot of figure skating fans.
Almost Japanese fans is not hostile to Yu-na.
Figure skating is graceful sports.
It is not a war.
Let's speak calmly.

P.S.
Sorry for my poor English.

perry125

Rinkside
You know, one of the reasons I used to enjoy watching figure skating was because it didn't have this crazy Japan versus Korea thing going on.

I love both Yuna and Mao but I don't watch figure skating as much as I used to because I literally get stomach cramps from all the intense bitterness and negativity when something turns into a Japan versus Korea thing. I avoid reading bashing comments from both sides but as a Japanese person married to a Korean, I can kind of feel the intensity without actually reading stuff.

Well, there used to be fights between Michelle and Sasha fans so maybe the bashers are not all Japanese/Korean.
It's sad but I don't think I will be enjoying skating as much as I used to until one of them retires.

kandidy

Final Flight
One reason I stop reading post about figure skating from 2 channeru board (Japanese) is because of these poor bashing and foul pessimistic opinions toward other skaters.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I hadn't read any of this thread before. Thank goodness. This is ridiculous. Why does anyone get so upset over skating? Life is too short to get so upset over something like this. There are too many things in this world that are really bad to let something eat at you like this. Just realize everyone can have their own opinion and keep your calm. Try to think of this as trivialities. Take your hostilities out on more important things like all the killings and wars and stuff like that. It's much more important to use your energies helping others and then you can feel much better about things. Getting so upset about these things really do affect your health. See that old lady in your neighborhood that has trouble getting around? Go help her. Or that mother with 6 kids, she could use a little help. Have a friend with cancer? Just show them you care. Take some cookies or something to someone that's having problems. There's so much someone can do. Even just a short phone call to someone. OK, now please stop all this foolishness. That's Grgranny's post for the day. Wake up. :mad::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited: