Is Irena S. pregnant? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Is Irena S. pregnant?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Is all this tomfoolery about IS carrying MK baby worse than using the FAT word?

I agree it is kinda silly, even though I would be curious, but worse then "fat" comments? Pregnancy is beautiful IMO - I've dated a couple, so I don't take it as negatively anyway. More along the lines of "looks like she has gained a little weight I wonder....." But I am not totally in disagreement with you Joe (tomfoolery :agree: but fun for some), I just don't think it is AS bad. I don't know, but I think a woman would rather be assumed as pregnant then someone saying they are fat. I see a big dif anyway.

I just wonder why Ira? Looking over those vids, I have GOT TO SAY she is really hot:love: , particularly in those pants!:love: Pregnancy never crossed my mind, but occasionally look at her "out and abouts" wondering if she will go that direction or not, due to medical condition but also for her mom to have time with a grandbaby. That can really make a mom feel so good to hold their child's child in their arms I would assume. And I hope that opportunity does arise for Irina's mom.

Thanks attyfan for that info on where the rumor (true "tomfoolery") of MK and Ira possible origin. It leaves a nice picture in my head seeing the two of them looking at baby stuff together. Just cute. But truly a silly rumor to say the least.

euterpe

Medalist
Irina does not have a heart condition. She has vasculitis, an autoimmune disorder that affects the circulatory system. Back in the summer of 2003, she had an enlarged heart that was a symptom of her underlying disease, but treatment and medication took care of that complication.

She is on steroids to control her symptoms. That wouldn't prevent her from getting pregnant, but it could make a pregnancy difficult to manage. So I doubt very much that she would be skating on a tour if she was pregnant.

Exactly eurterpe!! The woman has her problems and it is not pregnancy or gaining excessive weight.

I think carrying a bad joke between two good friends is also insulting.

Joe

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I can't find a comment regarding her heart.??? I think most have seen the "fluff piece" at least on that topic - where they discovered pericardidis of her heart and that lead to the discovery of the vasculitis.

And what is this "joke between good friends" and I don't understand the "insulting" of anyone?

I really think (outside of the perfectly designated "tomfoolery" of MK and Ira baby thing - which is really silly IMO) the fact people are curious about Ira having a baby or not is just "fan fascination" and hoping the best for her. It might be silly that it is coming up based on a pic or 2 of her tummy, but the regard and desire to know if she is or will be, is just genuine admiration or wanting to know about a favorite celebrity. It is a little tainted by the notion she "gained 20 pounds" (that really is a lot of weight to even think about a athlete gaining and still competing) but I think it is genuine in it's desire to "follow a celebrity."

I don't see any reason to cry "fowl" other then the exaggerative comments - and the stupid MK / IS rumor.

I don't see any reason to cry "fowl" other then the exaggerative comments - and the stupid MK / IS rumor.

I agree with you but then I thought the whole business about a proper English word (not slang) like fat was doable. So I over reacted the coupling up the two champs as insulting or at least, in bad taste. There does exist a consensus of tasteless humor.

Joe

Jhar55

Medalist
She doesn't look pregnant to me. Besides you can gain 20 pounds without looking pregnant. I did from some medican I was taking after a car wreck.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I am sure it is the medication. She has mentioned before it is much harder to keep her weight down on it.