Isadora Williams | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Isadora Williams

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I just love Isadora, I'm glad she represents my country, I wish figure skating was more popular here... :(

Regarding the standing of figure skating in Brazil it's understandably difficult. But when it comes to the standing of Brazil in figure skating Isadora does some good promotion! :)

skaterdad2022

Spectator
Team Brazil does have a new Ice Dance Team. They are at the junior level but are just beginning their career. Karolina Calhoun & Michael Valdez. They have only been partners for less than a year but almost qualified for Junior Worlds. Keep an eye on them.

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
SHE WAS CLEAN GUYS
SHE MADE IT TO THE FREE SKATING GUYS
THAT WAS HER GOAL AND SHE REACHED IT
You have no idea of how we are proud right now, this is history being made right in front of us... 17th after the SP, who would’ve thought? Especially after Sochi when she was last, if that’s not improvement I don’t know what is.
Go, Isa, nail your free, Brazil loves you!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I haven't watched her until now, but she seemed really underscored there to me. She did better tech content than Kostner!
Also: those dresses :love: Lisa McKinnon really outdid herself

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven't watched her until now, but she seemed really underscored there to me. She did better tech content than Kostner!
Also: those dresses :love: Lisa McKinnon really outdid herself

Haha...she’s great. Her problem is that she does 3-2 combo. Gotta lock down that tech first ;). They always score lower in PCS when you don’t do 3-3. It’s alright though. She achieved her goal of making the FS this time and I couldn’t be more proud and happy for her!! :hap57:

I’d have given her closer to 65 though ;)

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Isadora was one of the best in Nebelhorn 2017 and is proud not only for Brazil, but also for Latin America :cheer:

https://www.eltelegrafo.com.ec/noticias/otros-deportes/1/williams-el-orgullo-de-patinar-por-brasil

Williams, the pride of skating representing Brazil

She started skating at age five. With nine, when she was already participating in competitions in the United States, she expressed her desire to represent Brazil. In 2009, Isadora and her mother sent a video with their performances to the Brazilian Sports Confederation of Ice. And there everything started. "My mother instilled in me the idea of ​​representing Brazil and I loved the idea. I wanted to be the first skater to represent Brazil in the Games, so from my childhood I worked towards that goal. Here I am competing in my second Games representing Brazil and it is a great honor. I have my Brazilian heritage very close to my heart and I am very proud to always wear the Brazilian flag in my sleeve there, where it competes, "said Williams.

:love:

Proxy

On the Ice
I've liked Isadora since I saw her at Sochi and she's really improved the last 4 years, the bad skate last night not withstanding.

That mesh though. :(

The costume was otherwise gorgeous, the hair and makeup perfect, she's a beautiful woman, but why why why the nude mesh? She is 22 years old, tastefully show some skin. I would have much preferred that dress to be backless and elegant and sophisticated.

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Isadora Williams makes history at the Olympic Winter Games 2018, so she will be to wear the flag of Brazil at the closing ceremony on the 25th :yahoo:

Source: http://esporte.ig.com.br/maisesportes/2018-02-23/isadora-williams-pyeongchang.html

The Brazilian Isadora Williams ended her participation in PyeongChang 2018 in 24th place in the individual women's event and made history. At 22 years of age, she is the first and only athlete in Latin America to compete in figure skating at the Winter Olympics. This was also the first time a continent skater has qualified for the event's Long Program.

:thumbsup:

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I wish I had known about her efforts to raise money to help her dad get to the games beforehand, I hope they managed.... it's so sad to think about financial realities like that sometimes.

I love Isadora! I was so happy to see her at Pyeongchang, so breathtaking to watch as always. She is still so young - maybe 2022 will really be her year! :yahoo:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
It wasn't a very good day for Isadora, but we are proud to have her as the only representative of South America in Worlds, we hope it isn't the last time we see her in a World Cup :agree:

Hold on, Issadora!!! :hap10:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me where Isadora is competing this weekend?