Italian National Championships | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Italian National Championships

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
il mio bambino saved the planet and his mama's heart, jumped 3 quads (Lutz, Flip and Loop) had some questionable landings and i guess we can expect some carrot muffins, but he was so great! mama is proud of both her babies!

Andrea82

Medalist
Euro race
(Nationals + 2 highest scoring 2021/22 international competitions)

Men (3 spots)

Grassl 790.76
Rizzo 769.29
Frangipani 655.33
Memola 612.31 * no partecipation to Senior Nationals, a third international competition is used as per rules
Zich 570.52
Fadini 508.85

Pairs (3 spots)

Della Monica/Guarise 563.25
Ghilardi/Ambrosini 529.69
Conti/Macii 490.96
Valesi/Piazza 400.15 * one national competition used as they only had 1 international outing
Caldara/Magli 367.29 * one national competition used as they only had 1 international outing

So Grassl, Rizzo and Frangipani, DM/G, G/A and C/M to Europeans.

Grassl, Rizzo, DM/G and G/A likely to Worlds (Nationals + 3 other highest scoring competitions with at least 1 being after Nationals) and Olympics as their lead is so big.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
last national championship together for Della Monica/Guarise 195.89

Nicole is going to retire after this season, while Marco will be looking for a new partner...could Diana Mukhamentizianova consider to join Maria Talalaikina? :LOL:
Did you just called Matteo "Marco"????

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
They should revoke your Italian passport 😤 JK. Anyway, with skaters having long careers nowadays, Matteo could stay for another Olympic cycle. Question is, if he can find suitable partner.
how do you think Diana Mukhamentzianova would feel about switching to Italy? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: jokes aside to find someone at his level he has to look outside our borders i think à la James/Radford. i heard Aljona Shenchenko was looking for a new chance to be back to competition...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Daniel got 276.93, so yes i guess he's going to have carrots for dinner, but he's our national champion again :hap10: :jump::love2:

🥕 🥕 🥕 🥕 🥕 🥕 (Is that enough to fill him?)

But, congratulations to your baby boy! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

see you in Zagreb! love you all! 😘

What about Budapest? The 🎅 Santa Claus Cup has just started. Ice Dancing all day until tea time, and then the Senior Ladies SP tonight.

One of our favourite cacti 🌵, Júlia LÁNG, will be in the opening group. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Italian friends, do you know why Alessia Thornaghi did not start here? She is former champion I think (2018-19?) and at that time she looked most likely to fill an empty space after Carolina...
She posted today on social media that she decided to take a step back this season because of health problems she will maybe talk about later, "problems that are frequent and common in many girls and athletes".

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
🥕 🥕 🥕 🥕 🥕 🥕 (Is that enough to fill him?)

But, congratulations to your baby boy! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

What about Budapest? The 🎅 Santa Claus Cup has just started. Ice Dancing all day until tea time, and then the Senior Ladies SP tonight.

One of our favourite cacti 🌵, Júlia LÁNG, will be in the opening group. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan
i can't reality is getting in the way :LOL:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i can't reality is getting in the way :LOL:

Call yourself an addict! You disappoint me, child.

By the way, I think I have got to the bottom of why Nikolaj Memola wasn't competing in Senior Men at Nationals at the weekend. It's because he's competing in Senior Men at the 🎅 Santa Claus Cup this week (Wednesday and Thursday mornings).

There are other Italian skaters competing in the Junior and Novice competitions, but I'm not familiar with them.

Getting back to Nationals, did the Senior Free Dance get shown on RAI? Obviously, I want to see Elisabetta and Mattia so that I can write a report for their Fan Fest. But, ideally, I would like to see all the Free Dance programmes. So, I'm wondering if they were broadcast and, hence, if there is a possibility that somebody might upload them to YouTube.

CaroLiza_fan