It's Snowing Again In "Lotus Land!" | Golden Skate

It's Snowing Again In "Lotus Land!"

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I can't believe it! Once again it's snowing here in lotus land. It's not supposed to snow here! Where are we - Prince George? Unreal. I have not seen it snow like this in years. Usually, I am complaining about the rain - but now I would gladly take it. Please, "let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!"

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Lad we have your rain. But you may keep our snow!:D How strange that you are farther North than us but have warmer weather (usually)...I guess it is because of your proximity to the ocean. And our proximity to.....nothing:\ .

Piel

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Lad-
Don't feel too bad it even snowed on the strip in Las Vegas.

Be careful what you wish for, all that rain just might come and then you'll be wishing for snow!:laugh:

guinevere

Final Flight
Geez, I wish it would snow - for days and days and days! We just had our first real snowfall in the city in 3 winters - it snowed about 2 inches overnight and was gone by mid-morning :( There have been flurries ever since, but nothing is sticking.

I detest the winter rain (which is sad, considering how much we get here), but would welcome a blizzard that shut the whole city down.

If you can't tell, I don't drive :D

guinevere

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
We've finally had rain here on and off for two weeks. We're at 4 inches so far for the year........but, we've got lots of snow in the mountains, which is about a forty-five minute drive from here....42

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Hey LAD,

I think the coasts switched weather for this winter. Its been rain, rain, rain and spring like weather. On Christmas Day it was +13...broke the record set in 1896. And I LOVE it! I could get used to seeing no snow and green grass all winter. :p

Ladskater

Record Breaker
It's not that I don't like snow - I do - I just don't like the fact that most people here on the lower mainland don't know how to drive in snow and therefore cause a number of "fender benders." There are just too many cars on the road here and not enough experienced snow drivers. I lived in Prince George a number of years so, I can drive in the snow. It's just too "crazy" here.

Oh by the way we are getting our worst snow storm in years tomorrow! Yikes!!!!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
We got a light dusting of snow last night. I think that it's beautiful when everything is covered in snow, though I hate to go out in it. But when the snow starts looking dirty and melting it looks so sad...like when the Christmas lights come down.:(

Piel

guinevere

Final Flight
woo-hoo! The Snowstorm 2004 (tm) that all the tv news stations ahve been proclaiming has actually happened! It's been snowing all morning, and there's hardly anyone driving - but lots of people are out. I, of course, have to work, but I did get to take my dog and play in the snow for a little bit.

I'm crossing my fingers REAL HARD that the weather people are WRONG and it won't warm up this afternoon - 'cause it's supposed to keep coming down, and if it warms up it'll just be nonstop rain for the next 4 days, & I would much rather have the city come to a standstill due to a blizzard than be soaking wet with freezing rain all week.

guinevere

Ladskater

Record Breaker
guinevere:

Well now we have freezing rain! Our snow will be melting soon. It's now raining. I hope the morning commute won't be a nightmare.

guinevere

Final Flight
sigh, we now have the freezing rain as well. you can still see snow, but it's all slushy and hard to walk in. oh well, a girl can dream, can't she?

guinevere

Ladskater

Record Breaker
guinevere:

We have quite the rain storm now too and the snow is melting. It was pretty to look at, but there are too many cars on the road here to handle snowy conditions. Most don't know how to drive in it either. Makes for a scary commute!!!!

guinevere

Final Flight
OMG, yesterday was just a nightmare - 3 inches of standing slush everywhere. In some cases it was just 2 inches of standing WATER - the sewers just couldn't handle that much water at once or something.

Today things are pretty much back to normal, it's at least 40 degrees, there's a little snow left on the sides of the roads, but most of the slush is gone. AND, it's not raining right now!

guinevere