Jackson and ridell figure skates | Golden Skate

Jackson and ridell figure skates

danamartens

Spectator
Hi all,

I am still on a ques for some new skates that don't make my heal slip! I have been considering custom klingbeils but thought i would go to a local boutique that had a wide range of stock boots. I tried on the Jackson Elite Supreme skates and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this boot? I honestly felt like I sliped into my shoes. They were so comfortable and I could feel a huge diferene in my heals. I want to see how people's experiences were with the durability of them? Also does anyone know whether the flex notch breaks down the boot faster?? They are considerably cheaper than the custom klingbeils and want to make sure they are going to last. Has anyone also tried the new Ridell boot with the heal lock strap?? they had a display but nothing in my size.

Thanks!

Glacierskater

On the Ice
danamartens said:
Hi all,

I am still on a ques for some new skates that don't make my heal slip! I have been considering custom klingbeils but thought i would go to a local boutique that had a wide range of stock boots. I tried on the Jackson Elite Supreme skates and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this boot? I honestly felt like I sliped into my shoes. They were so comfortable and I could feel a huge diferene in my heals. I want to see how people's experiences were with the durability of them? Also does anyone know whether the flex notch breaks down the boot faster?? They are considerably cheaper than the custom klingbeils and want to make sure they are going to last. Has anyone also tried the new Ridell boot with the heal lock strap?? they had a display but nothing in my size.

Thanks!

I have not tried the Reidel's new boots. I have Klings and love them. They are well worth the money.

megsk8z

On the Ice
I lost some weight and noticed that my heels were starting to slip out of my custom Harlicks so I went out and bought double gel Bunga heel pads. No more slippage and much better skating without the new boot hassle.

backspin

On the Ice
FWIW, I know three people w/ Jacksons (don't know the model) who complain that their heel slips in them.

jeujeulovesme

Spectator
I skate in Jackson Elite ladies (the 2700) and they are a godsend compared to my previous Graf Edmontons. The only thing I had to do was get the tongues double reinforced to prevent lace bite. Other than that they work beautifully. The notches haven't created problems, they just helped me break in faster. I'm sure these skates will hold up to double jumps unless you're really hard on boots.

Remember to only get skates strong enough for your level and maybe the immediate next skills. Don't get something in anticipation of future abilities. The chances of the boots not working in the meantime and hurting you before you get there are not worth risking.

Jeujeulovesme

skatere1990

Rinkside
i now have jacksons... i just got them last week. i have the stiffist model and i actually do like them... they are just stiffer than my old grafs. my old skates felt like slippers and though i do miss them i think the jacksons do look better on the ice since grafs are rather bulky. My heel does not slip in either of the skates i have had so i think that you would likethe jacksons over the reidels. I have tried on the reidels 1500 and found them pretty uncomfortable but then it also depends on your foot.

Last edited:

Skate@Delaware

On the Ice
I'm one that has lost 40+ pounds (if you find them-please don't return them) and have experienced heel slippage in Jacksons. I have the Jackson Competitors. I have ordered-yes-Jackson Competitors, though in a smaller size.

For now, I've placed the generic pads bought from Wal-Mart (heel grippers and tongue pads) and they seem to be working ok (along with 2 extra insoles). I also crank down the laces extra hard across the front between the lace holes and hooks to keep everything nice and tight. So with all this extra padding, it's sort of like skating in a stiffer boot (just kidding). Maybe my new skates will feel lighter.

danamartens

Spectator
Thanks for the advice everyone,

I did try a width size down in the SP teri's and still found that my still slipped, and not to mention the pain oif just having them on my feet!. The Jackson's just felt as though the lacing of them kept my arch and heal back in place. I'm thinking it might be the placement of the lace hole just before the eyelets start. They seem to be set farther back. I really would like to try the Klingbeils but the store near me doesn't have any in stock for you to try on! I am wearry of buying skate that I can't at least feel how comfortable they might be.

sue123

Rinkside
I wear jackson's, and I really like them. I've had no problem with heel slippage or anything, other than some weird pressure point above my arch that seems to have gone away. BUt then again, different feet, different skates. i havent had mine long enough for them to break down (only a few months) but they're still going strong.

SKYLIGHTUSA

Spectator
Nice to meet you

Glacierskater said:
I have not tried the Reidel's new boots. I have Klings and love them. They are well worth the money.
Hey, i`m kind new to this forum but i`ve reading your comets about Klings boots and I myself have been skating on jacksons freestyle for quite a while getting tired of then,,have a trip planed to N.Y in 2 weeks for Klings fitting, my question is...how to be sure of buying good skates? prices are very high...i`m afraid of putting all this money on Klings and then found out that all i needed were jacksons higher level...what to do?what to do??

Last edited:

Skate@Delaware

On the Ice
My new ones don't slip-they are sized correctly. I just love how quickly Jacksons break in and feel comfortable. It only took about 10 hours of skating and they felt great! Of course, by the time mine were broken in-my rink closed down for the summer....