Japanese coaches and judges help Mao overcome URs of her 3A | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Japanese coaches and judges help Mao overcome URs of her 3A

ks777

Record Breaker
:) Finally, some people are will try to tackle the problem. So nice to hear all these people's cares and concerns about Mao so much. :agree:

I think Mao is too stubborn to listen to other coaches, to be honest.

yunasashafan

On the Ice
I think Mao is too stubborn to listen to other coaches, to be honest.

It was mentioned before that TT was willing to scale back on the three 3A plan, but Mao insisted because it was her signature move.

All previous calls for a change focused on dumping the 3A in the short and doing only one in the long, and Mao was not convinced. Hopefully since now it's about fixing the jump not taking it out, she'd me more willing to go along.

miki88

Medalist
It was mentioned before that TT was willing to scale back on the three 3A plan, but Mao insisted because it was her signature move.

All previous calls for a change focused on dumping the 3A in the short and doing only one in the long, and Mao was not convinced. Hopefully since now it's about fixing the jump not taking it out, she'd me more willing to go along.

I don't think TT played that much a big part in any of Mao's decisions cause she is never really there................... With that said, please let the JSF also convince Mao to change coaches and have non-Russian programs in next season (praying ^^)

Last edited:

yunasashafan

On the Ice
I don't think TT played that much a big part in any of Mao's decisions cause she is never really there...................

That's true, but I also believe that Mao has, or at least had, a lot of respect for TT. That's why I am puzzled about how this situation played out. But then again, TT did say she was only a consultant... very weird..

Maybe the worst thing that happened to Mao was winning worlds without a coach. Maybe that gave her the idea that she can do it on her own.. she didn't exactly do it completely on her own though. She had trained with RA until 3 months before worlds.

Anyway, I really hope all this mess clears up for her. Go Mao!

ks777

Record Breaker
Maybe the worst thing that happened to Mao was winning worlds without a coach. Maybe that gave her the idea that she can do it on her own.. she didn't exactly do it completely on her own though. She had trained with RA until 3 months before worlds.

Yep. that's what I am thinking. She won without a coach so she thinks she can do it on her own. that's why she never bothered to look for another coach. Mao was so beautiful to watch when she was with Arutunian. I remember seeing a video where Arutunian was teaching her how to move her arms and body to look more graceful. She definitely doesn't look as graceful as she did a couple years ago. Don't get me wrong, I do not hate her. I am just frustrated with her because I know she could be so much better with better programs and with a good coach!

Figure88

On the Ice
Yeah, I realized I quoted the wrong person. Hahaha. Too lazy to change it ...

Regardless, I think she more or less likely said something like that since it's taking this long to realize her weaknesses with regard to her jumps. I mean, she's had more than 2 seasons to fix her problems and it looks like she hasn't even confronted the notion she has jumping weaknesses since she's doing something as irrational as to fill up her program with jumps she can't reliably do (i.e. 3A).

luckykid

On the Ice
Didn't the JSF talk to her once when she was failing her 3 Axel after cup of russia? And didn'tt TT said Mao was going to changer her SP to caprice? Didn't appear like she listened though. Anyway I just hope it works out the best for her.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Exactly! and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's Yuna's preference too :agree:

I think so too. Anybody, especially a skater like her would want to win when everybody else skated well, not win because she was the best of a group of skaters who performed poorly. Nothing better than knowing your rival laid it down and then matching an improving on that. Think Yagudin skating after Plushenko's great freeskate in Salt Lake.

Barb

Record Breaker
Yep. that's what I am thinking. She won without a coach so she thinks she can do it on her own. that's why she never bothered to look for another coach. Mao was so beautiful to watch when she was with Arutunian. I remember seeing a video where Arutunian was teaching her how to move her arms and body to look more graceful. She definitely doesn't look as graceful as she did a couple years ago. Don't get me wrong, I do not hate her. I am just frustrated with her because I know she could be so much better with better programs and with a good coach!

that is not true, I remeber her spiral was not very pretty, her sit spin, donut spin:sheesh: (look at lp gpf07 and you going to understand me), and her expression, well she looked just very happy, for that looked good. Now she doesnt look so graceful because her programs doesnt lend for that, but watch her claire de lune, graceful and elegant like always. I think she is more polished in her skating overall. and her jumps were not the best neither under Rafael, yes she win at the worlds, but her season was not the best.