Japanese Nats

Kenji

Rinkside
Japan nats

Japan National:

12/25 - 12/27

entry:
Lady's senior competition
Fumie Suguri (2time bronze medalist at World)
Shizuka Arakawa(shining star!)
Yoshie Onda(good jumper)
Yukina Ohta(grace on ice!)
Yukari Nakano(3Axeler)
Miki Ando(Quad Queen)
Mai Asada(3Axeler)
Mao Asada(Mai's younger sisigter,3Axeler)
Aki Sawada(3Axeler)
Chika Suguri(Fumie's younger sisiter)
and more.

Miki Ando,Mai Asada & Aki Sawada entry World Junior.

Men's senior competion
Takeshi Honda(big star)
Daisuke Takahashi(junior world champ. 2season before)
Kensuke Nakaniwa(22-year-old)
Yamato Tamura(he is going to retire after Japan Nat.)
and more.

I think Honda & Takahashi will go World Chanp.

Sorry,my Englishi is not so good.

Kenji

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Thanks, Kenji! Your English is just fine! That ladies field is SO deep! Wow! It's going to be a tough competition, that's for sure, just like the U.S. ladies promises to be.

kasia16

On the Ice
I hope Yukina will win Japanese Nats. I saw her last year at Junior Worlds and she was incredible... Excellent jumps, wonderful spins and unknown grace on ice.
GO YUKINA :))) train, train , train - I'm sure you will be a new star...

That Ladies' field is incredible! Other than knowing that Fumie's strength develops more and more as the season goes by. shizuka is such a delight on performance, and my new found love of Yukina, and all those other wonderful Japanese Ladies. It would be nice if they represented Thailand, Phlippines, Indonesia as well, so we could get them all in the Worlds.:love:

Somehow, the Japanese boys are lagging behind. I should Takeshi would give them the power to go for it.

Joe

Kenji

Rinkside
Japan Ladies

I think, ladies competition this year will be so exciting. Highest level in Japan skate history, no doubt.
In my prediction, Fumie will get the top of the podium. And the second is Shizuka, the third is Yoshie.
Yukina, she is so great skater. In Japan Nat. last year, she performed perfect Tulandot. I was so moved and almost tearful. The best perfomance at the competition no doubt, but judges ranked her 4th. Because in Japan, Fumie Shizuka and Yoshie are the Three Stars. But, Yukina recently has a good reputation internationally, so she maybe gets podium this year. Please wish her a good luck, I also want to see her at World !

And don�ft forget junior skaters. Miki has quad salcow, and her artistic value is getting improved. You can see her at Junior Grand Prix Final and Junior World.

Asada sisters are also very popular in Japan. Mai has a good figure, and her skating skills are nice. She has 3Axel. She also entry Junior Grand Prix Final and Junior World.
Mao is primary a novice skater, but her competence is very great, so she can exceptionally compete at Japan Seniro Nat. She has 3Axel, 3Flip-3Loop-3Toe combination(!), complete balanced Biellmann, beautiful spiral. She has also a good figure.

Kenji

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wow... it's all in the family in ladies figure skating in Japan!

GO FUMIE!

shine

Record Breaker
I'm so in love with Yukina Ota. She, along with Joannie Rochette of Canada, are my favorite current eligible ladies. I really, really hope she skates well at the Japanese nationals and shows her federation that she's strong enough a competitor to be a worthy member on their world team. Go Yukina! You have all the talent in the world :love:

Kenji

Rinkside
For World

Today, Japan federation decided to send Fumie and Shizuka to Worlds. Because they got podium at GPF.
So, Yukina, Yoshie, Yukari and Miki compete for the rest of one ticket for Worlds at Japan Nat (and 4 continental ).

I'm so excited. Go Yukina!

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Re: For World

Kenji said:
Today, Japan federation decided to send Fumie and Shizuka to Worlds. Because they got podium at GPF.
So, Yukina, Yoshie, Yukari and Miki compete for the rest of one ticket for Worlds at Japan Nat (and 4 continental ).

I'm so excited. Go Yukina!
You must be very excited! A competition over one spot is very different than a competition for three spots. There's so much pressure when there's only one spot, especially on the skater who is expected to win, like Onda. That give a younger skater, like Ota, a better chance.

Kenji

Rinkside
Takeshi withdraw Japan Nats

Oh no, Takeshi Honda withdraw Japan Nats because of knee injury. Takeshi, come back till 4C and Worlds!

Spark

Rinkside
His knee??? I thought it was his ankle that kept him out of the Grand Prix. Was that information wrong, or does he have two injuries?

Mr.D

Rinkside
Does anyone know anything about Fumie's sister? How is her skating in comparison to Fumie's? It seems like there are so many families involved in skating in Japan!

Kenji

Rinkside
About Chika Sugri

Chika, Fumie's younger sisiter, is now 19 or 20 years old. She finished 19th at 2002 Japan Nats. She is not in international level, but an elegant skater, like her sisiter. Fumie often says her sisiter's name at kiss-and-cry.

Chika and Fumie from Fumie's official site
http://www.fumiesuguri.com/snaps/0822.html

Spark

Rinkside
Too bad about Takeshi. He's one of my favourites. Hopefully he'll be back on the ice soon.

That competition for the final ladies' spot sounds fierce! I'm glad Shizuka and Fumie are going though. I wish I could see the nationals. Tell us everything after, okay Kenji?

How old is Mao Asada, by the way? She looks so tiny.

kasia16

On the Ice
dewet said:
No, I think MAO. Mai is her sister. Mao is not even a junior.
Pics are HERE, even though they are from last year. Interesting that Mao beat her older sister there.

Sorry, I didn't know about her. It's nice to hear Mai has sister who also is a skater.