Jason Brown | Page 214 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

TMC

Record Breaker
I really don't like the music either; When I first watched the program I said as much to my better half who, dear man, was watching with me. Then the 1st spiral happened and I think I literally screamed "who cares about the music? This is amazing!" :laugh:

That was actually literally the case as well, in that I neither cared for nor cared about the music by the end. I was just fully immersed in the beauty of the movement. The music I paid no attention to at all. Not ideal, I know, but the choreography is out of this world awesome so I don't really care :)

LRK

Record Breaker
I really don't like the music either; When I first watched the program I said as much to my better half who, dear man, was watching with me. Then the 1st spiral happened and I think I literally screamed "who cares about the music? This is amazing!" :laugh:

That was actually literally the case as well, in that I neither cared for nor cared about the music by the end. I was just fully immersed in the beauty of the movement. The music I paid no attention to at all. Not ideal, I know, but the choreography is out of this world awesome so I don't really care :)

I can imagine - even though it was really difficult for me to see much, actually, certainly no details, I still couldn't look away from Jason's performance...

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The words that came to mind when I watched the FS were mesmerizing and gorgeous. If Jason hits all of his technical elements this program has the potential to be magic.

I do like some tinkly piano music. I also like U2 and their song that's been transformed into roaring 20's Great Gatsby dance style, so I'm happy with Jason's music choices this year. (I still can't stand his hip hop exhibition program though. :laugh:)

p.s. Happy Birthday to Rohene. :hb:

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
The words that came to mind when I watched the FS were mesmerizing and gorgeous. If Jason hits all of his technical elements this program has the potential to be magic.

I do like some tinkly piano music. I also like U2 and their song that's been transformed into roaring 20's Great Gatsby dance style, so I'm happy with Jason's music choices this year. (I still can't stand his hip hop exhibition program though. :laugh:)

Great word choices! At the risk of sounding like a totally insane uber-fan, there is a sort of hypnotic quality to it, isn't there?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*happy sigh* :love: :love: :love:

This is what I've wanted - a return to the more Liebestraume-style movement. The music is a little too high-pitched for my liking, but his every movement extended and shown off, ahhhhhhhh, and the things he does so well are emphasised. :love:

My only nitpicks are two: first, please stop with the overdramatic face/head grabbing, it's quite jarring, and two, my goodness, what horrors are they going to commit with this costume, because the possibility for horror is endless.

I think US Nationals is already going to kill me, and we don't even know what Joshua's music is yet!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I love the spirals and spins in this program. The initial spiral gave me the same feeling of awe as Brian Boitano's spread eagles. A shiver just goes down my back. I was afraid that being from the Piano, the program would be dreary, but it is reflective rather than sad.

That said, I am not a fan of tinkly piano.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
No surprise, but Jason won the Senior Men spin comp at the Broadmoor Open. The other entrants were his training mates Jordan and Luke West.

... what horrors are they going to commit with this costume ...

I will use karne's comment as a segue to asking what people make of the photos of Jason's cornrows from Saturday.
I think they're cool :cool:, but were they just for grins? Or were Kori, Rohene, and he prepping his look for a program? :think:

TMC

Record Breaker
No surprise, but Jason won the Senior Men spin comp at the Broadmoor Open. The other entrants were his training mates Jordan and Luke West.

I will use karne's comment as a segue to asking what people make of the photos of Jason's cornrows from Saturday.
I think they're cool :cool:, but were they just for grins? Or were Kori, Rohene, and he prepping his look for a program? :think:

I loved them! But then I think that man buns are the sexiest 'dos in the last 30 years so what do I know? (My husband calls me a weirdo for that LOL but I guess he's just jealous because he has little hair himself)

TMC

Record Breaker
HA Jason's Broadmoor debut has nearly five thousand views already, and it's only been up around 18 hours. Wow. :drama: :cheer:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I actually quite liked them, but then I have long been a fan of him decorating his look a little with braids.

HA Jason's Broadmoor debut has nearly five thousand views already, and it's only been up around 18 hours. Wow. :drama: :cheer:

Probably speaks to two things: first, how many people love Jason and could hardly wait to see the new program, and second, just how starved of Broadmoor footage we all were...

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Actually I thought he resembled Polina with her braids (specially in the bottom left photo). :eek:: Kudos though to Jason for trying a new hairstyle.

Re his FP, I agree with the comments that Jason will have to "sell" this program with his skating. The music won't really help him there as it sort of stays at the same level and doesn't build up. I don't think this will be a tall order for him though because the skating that I saw from the video was beautiful, smooth, and elegant.

LRK

Record Breaker
I love the spirals and spins in this program. The initial spiral gave me the same feeling of awe as Brian Boitano's spread eagles. A shiver just goes down my back. I was afraid that being from the Piano, the program would be dreary, but it is reflective rather than sad.

Thhat said, I am not a fan of tinkly piano.

Well, tinkly piano = Artist; so there is that. ;) Of course, he may need to perfect the "soulfully staring into the middle distance"-look as well, and I couldn't see well enough to tell if he was trying to go for it...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Well, tinkly piano = Artist; so there is that. ;) Of course, he may need to perfect the "soulfully staring into the middle distance"-look as well, and I couldn't see well enough to tell if he was trying to go for it...

Oh no, I would have rather had 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'... ;)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOL at Sabinfire's comment.

Not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere, but TSL (The Skating Lesson) released the first part of their Kori Ade interview and there's a lot of fun stuff about Jason. I won't spoil it for you. It's on their Youtube channel - not sure if I'm allowed to post the link.

If anyone was wondering, she is very intelligent and opinionated and I have no doubt why Jason stays with her.

ETA: I saw that Golden411 posted the link upthread.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This will be like T&I for me. Didn't like the music; just don't like dramatic movie music. Tinkly little piano music I'm not crazy about either. And, although I did not remember the soundtrack qua soundtrack, The Piano was one of those artsy depressing movies that I was not happy I spent two hours of my life watching, and now I think about it when I see Jason.

Oh well, four points:
1. I have Great Gatsby.
2. Jason eventually made me like T&I, he will probably make me like this music too.
3. Will everyone who talks about his "maturity" now please, just .... stop! Because now I will be watching a program like this so Jason can show case "maturity". :slink: Oh well. See point no. 2.
4. Rohene's #ScentofLove: Mrs. P was right.;)

Hmm, I absolutely adored the movie (even more than---shhhhhh--Schindler's List), but I thought the soundtrack was not period appropriate. A little too "Windham Hill," if you know what I mean. And I'm not particularly a fan of tinkly piano music either. On the other hand, I think it's brilliant of Rohene and Kori to present a male skater's program that showcases spirals and spins and edges. That's not something you see very often and will definitely set him apart from the other men. The circular step sequence is breathtaking. One thing you can say for Rohene--he's never boring. Ever.

On the other hand, the thought of Mr Sunshine Brown skating to the music of Mr Misery Morrissey is just too delicious. "The Boy with the Thorn in His Side" indeed. Please Rohene, consider this. :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched the video...and the music has the feeling that makes me feel...I don't know, like chills going up my spine.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been critical of Jason in the past. I don't apologize for that.

That said, this new FS is magnificent.

Far and away the best program he's had. Not even close.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On the other hand, I think it's brilliant of Rohene and Kori to present a male skater's program that showcases spirals and spins and edges. That's not something you see very often and will definitely set him apart from the other men. The circular step sequence is breathtaking. One thing you can say for Rohene--he's never boring. Ever.

Agreed. I love all the spirals in this program - Jason's lines are like a ballet dancer. I think the music is pretty, if a bit monotonous, but I like what Rohene has done with this. As long as he doesn't make him dress up like Holly Hunter or Harvey Keitel, I will be happy. I hope the costume is simple and streamlined so we can see the lines.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agreed. I love all the spirals in this program - Jason's lines are like a ballet dancer. I think the music is pretty, if a bit monotonous, but I like what Rohene has done with this. As long as he doesn't make him dress up like Holly Hunter or Harvey Keitel, I will be happy. I hope the costume is simple and streamlined so we can see the lines.

I was thinking the exact thing. I know he skated in a practice outfit, but I would love if the final product was similarly simple and elegant.