Jason Brown | Page 422 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad you all enjoyed the cartoon! I wish I had a talent like her but unfortunately I don't, so this is the least I can do! She was also happy that I translated for her, so perhaps I will be her official translator in the future :hap85:

That would be sooo awesome:agree:

Also I hope that Yonk knows how many fans she has among Jason's Anglophone fans, and even more now that we see her sense of humor:biggrin:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
That would be sooo awesome:agree:

Also I hope that Yonk knows how many fans she has among Jason's Anglophone fans, and even more now that we see her sense of humor:biggrin:

She definitely deserves a wider audience. She keeps me ROFLing when I look at her tweets! Perhaps the Japanese fan club (the leader seems to know enough English, too) can help promoting her art! It is also noteworthy that she is appearantly an elderly lady. She calls Jason not son, or nephew but grandson.:eek: You wouldn't expect an old lady, a Japanese old lady of all old ladies, to have such a whacky sense of humor. I initially imagined her to be a man of thirtysomething! I do hope I can remain cool like her when I grow old! :laugh:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
While I cannot quote the source since I read this during the Sochi Olympics in 2014, Yonk's story reminds me that Jason had a similar reaction back then. He and Kori happened to see Nastia Lukin, OGM gymnyst who was at Sochi doing TV commentary, just ahead in their path and Jason ran and hid behind a post! Kori tried to get him to come out of hiding to meet Nastia but he was overwhelmed by the moment... admiration for her, embarrassment, and shyness too... Finally Kori dragged him out and said: "you're doing this"!! Nastia was very gracious and they all laughed over the incident but I bet Jason learned from this experience just how fans often feel meeting famous people they admire, possibly accounting for his warmth and generosity when meeting fans himself now.

MGstyle

Medalist
While I cannot quote the source since I read this during the Sochi Olympics in 2014, Yonk's story reminds me that Jason had a similar reaction back then. He and Kori happened to see Nastia Lukin, OGM gymnyst who was at Sochi doing TV commentary, just ahead in their path and Jason ran and hid behind a post! Kori tried to get him to come out of hiding to meet Nastia but he was overwhelmed by the moment... admiration for her, embarrassment, and shyness too... Finally Kori dragged him out and said: "you're doing this"!! Nastia was very gracious and they all laughed over the incident but I bet Jason learned from this experience just how fans often feel meeting famous people they admire, possibly accounting for his warmth and generosity when meeting fans himself now.

Without a doubt the combination of his genuine warmth, generosity, humility, sensibility and childlike enthusiasm all bundled up in one makes him all the more special, and those lucky people who experienced it first hand (I am one of them!) can see and feel that his personality also shines through his skating, and make his performances even more extraordinary.
One moment during Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2015, at a practice I was on a mezzanine right above the rink side where he and Kori was, I was hanging over the fence and staring with all goo-goo eyes with slobber almost dripping - suddenly Jason looked up at my direction and our eyes met :eeking: I was about to duck and hide in embarrassment, but he immediately broke into a huge smile and excitedly waved both hands at me (we had met the previous day so he recognized me) :love: Any celebrities would have pretended not to notice and looked away, and I wouldn't have blamed him one bit if he had done so, but not our Jason! :luv17: The whole incident just sums up how genuine he is, and it's no wonder that his fans are so smitten with him :)

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
That is just the best story MGstyle!! It's my dream to meet him... but I would probably hide behind a post out of sheer emarrassment if the opportunity ever presented itself... next best, close second best, would be to see him perform live which you are priveleged to have done... lucky, lucky, lucky you!:dance3::cool14:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm really worried for Jason this up coming season . I suppose being a bit of a over zelious Jason fan. heck I love the guy he my favorite sater I just don't want him too get so far behind in the world standings of figure skating. nd any skating fan already knows whatim talking about . the here it is the big q word .quad. god I am really starting too hate that word. I know its unfair of me too say it and there are so many great skaters out there that can Easley perform it a hundred times heck probably even blind folded buti would just like too see Jason Jason perform it and yes even master it. so he can still compete next too the great quad masters ifeel the time is running out and with the Olympics coming up I would really love too see him be able too go. and even posibably even win a medal for the usa time is so short and he is such a great skater in so many ways I am still keeping my fingers crossed for this season.and I will be watching every compition overall I fill our us men and ladies skaters need a lot of catching up too do in compairing too the restof the world ranking skaters outthere. 2018 world Olympics figure skating will be very interesting in the up and coming season. iwish all of our usa figure skaters the best this upcoming season including Jason brown and gracie gold .

Not to worry... ANYTHING can happen. Relax, enjoy the season, and have faith. Think positive thoughts. :):eeking:

Ross74

Medalist
Not to worry... ANYTHING can happen. Relax, enjoy the season, and have faith. Think positive thoughts. :):eeking:

This is good advice, Jacky. This is going to be a super competitive year for everyone, whatever their strengths, and Jason has a lot of strengths. I'm so excited to see new programs from him. I liked the Piano program but it seemed like he was skating it forever. My biggest concern for him is that he stay healthy. If that happens, I plan on being wow-ed by whatever he and his team come up with.

MGstyle

Medalist
That is just the best story MGstyle!! It's my dream to meet him... but I would probably hide behind a post out of sheer emarrassment if the opportunity ever presented itself... next best, close second best, would be to see him perform live which you are priveleged to have done... lucky, lucky, lucky you!:dance3::cool14:

Oh, I am sure your turn will come! Luckily I chose a minor competition where very few fans were around, so he was "freely available" :laugh: so I suggest you to choose an event like that. He is exactly what you see in his vlogs, he was almost as excited to see poor little me as I was, he just ran towards me to hug me when we first met :luv17: He possesses that magic to disspell all the embarrassment, uneasiness, nervousness and such, and put you at ease quickly. Don't be shy, I really hope you will join the club sooner or later! Oh, and last but not the least... seeing his skating in the flesh is an unbelievable experience! I was one of the firsts who got to watch the Piano program there, and he skated the entire run through with all the details in the practice... my tears bursted out like a broken dam!!!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, not Jason, but we all love Rohene....

And I didn't know that two more "Choreographer's Apprentice" videos have been posted on Facebook, one for Jordan and one for Alexa and Chris :agree: (which is how I found out, from a kind poster in the Alexa and Chris fan fest)

Ok, back to Jason:laugh:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh, I am sure your turn will come! Luckily I chose a minor competition where very few fans were around, so he was "freely available" :laugh: so I suggest you to choose an event like that. He is exactly what you see in his vlogs, he was almost as excited to see poor little me as I was, he just ran towards me to hug me when we first met :luv17: He possesses that magic to disspell all the embarrassment, uneasiness, nervousness and such, and put you at ease quickly. Don't be shy, I really hope you will join the club sooner or later! Oh, and last but not the least... seeing his skating in the flesh is an unbelievable experience! I was one of the firsts who got to watch the Piano program there, and he skated the entire run through with all the details in the practice... my tears bursted out like a broken dam!!!

:luv17: :love::yes2: :dance3: lovely description... look forward to the same experience and so excited to see what his upcoming season holds..

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, and last but not the least... seeing his skating in the flesh is an unbelievable experience! I was one of the firsts who got to watch the Piano program there, and he skated the entire run through with all the details in the practice ... my tears bursted out like a broken dam!!!

Well, I'm not a crier, but other than that, my first experience of seeing Jason at SA 2013, when I hadn't even known anything about him before, was much like yours. I wrote about it in The Legend Begins thread. Ahem. To some controversy. But what isn't controversial in the least is the response Jason elicits from first-time audiences, uber fans, you tube viewers, people who never heard of him before, you name it.

I think (but I'm not sure if it was SA or another comp) that when he introduced Jason for the gala at SA, the host guy, Rusty, approached him rather quietly, for Rusty, and his first words to Jason were, "So .... people really like you."

Jason smiled his gorgeous genuine smile and gushed, "Thank you so much!"

TMC

Record Breaker
Well, I'm not a crier, but other than that, my first experience of seeing Jason at SA 2013, when I hadn't even known anything about him before, was much like yours. I wrote about it in The Legend Begins thread. Ahem. To some controversy. But what isn't controversial in the least is the response Jason elicits from first-time audiences, uber fans, you tube viewers, people who never heard of him before, you name it.

I think (but I'm not sure if it was SA or another comp) that when he introduced Jason for the gala at SA, the host guy, Rusty, approached him rather quietly, for Rusty, and his first words to Jason were, "So .... people really like you."

Jason smiled his gorgeous genuine smile and gushed, "Thank you so much!"

This became so clear at Worlds: he certainly received a fair amount of applause during and after the SP, but the FS was a whole another kettle of fish. The roar!! It was like people who didn't perhaps know him - or know him well - beforehand totally fell in love with him overnight. I think what melted people's hearts was when he had his eyes closed waiting for the SP scores; the whole arena laughed with him and I really expected to hear a collective awwwwwww :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, we are sharing Jason stories? I will tell mine (I don't think I've ever told it in here before).

I was in Colorado Springs training for a week, during my WORLDS TRIP! last year. I'd arranged to take some lessons at 7K in Monument. I turned up early to do Rohene's edge class (side note: DO NOT recommend if you are anything lower than Novice level). One of the rink monitors took me into the large dressing room where everyone was sitting to introduce me, and then suddenly I hear this squealed "HI!" and I'm being hugged. Then he ran out.

Later, at the others' insistence, I brought my skate bag into the dressing room to sit with the others (this was one of the coldest rinks I've ever skated at, and the dressing room was at least warm ish). And he was in there, all alone, with no-one else around. He encouraged me to come put my bag next to his, and then he stuck out his hand and said "I'm Jason!" in that super-enthusiastic tone. All I could do was say "I know!" We talked for a little bit and he was so sweet, he gushed over my "adorable" accent and I honestly can't remember what we talked about.

When I left at the end of the week, I told him I was going and he made this huge sad face and said he would miss me. He is beyond the sweetest.

jacky

On the Ice
oh more stories please . I love them I would dearly love too meet him one day too hes so talented. I hope he goes far in the sport of figure skating.

TMC

Record Breaker
Jason's ponytail just tweeted and deleted a tweet that appered to hint that Jason's doing La La Land...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason's ponytail just tweeted and deleted a tweet that appered to hint that Jason's doing La La Land...

Pretty sure the Jason Ponytail twitter is run by someone who has nothing to do with Jason.

TMC

Record Breaker
Pretty sure the Jason Ponytail twitter is run by someone who has nothing to do with Jason.

Yeah I know - it's definitely just a rumour with no factual basis yet at all. However, they might have inside info from the rink, which may also be the reason the tweet was immediately deleted; perhaps they found out the music and didn't know you're not supposed to "tell" before the skater makes it public. Or it really could be nothing at all and they could have just come up with it themselves. But it's off-season and rumours are all we have! :p

ETA: It could also mean a new EX, which I think LLL would be great for!

madforskating

On the Ice
So we're all sharing Jason stories? Here's mine:

2015 SA, it was my first event in person and I was a total skating nerd. Jason was standing on the street corner and I held up the sign I brought for him, and he said "Oh my gosh, I love you!" I got a picture and hug and thought "okay this is the coolest day of my life."
Then a couple hours later, I ran into him again at the hotel, and he recognized me! Ah! And then he gave me the loveliest autograph and hugged me again. Still remains the best day of my life.