Jeremy Abbott wins Skating Magazine's Readers Choice Award | Golden Skate

Jeremy Abbott wins Skating Magazine's Readers Choice Award

centerpt1

On the Ice
Congrats to Jeremy! Well deserved. I hope he decides to compete this season.

Good for Jason-obviously a popular fella.

Davis and White have won it several times already, so I don't feel too bad for them.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Abbott wins the "Michelle Kwan Trophy." :) ...

@jeremyabbottpcf tweeted his thanks. :)
I haven't thanked you all yet for voting for me! I'm so honored to be this years SKATING reader's choice @MichelleWKwan trophy recipient!
This one is so cool because it comes from all of you guys! Thank you so much for the love and support forever and always!

And @MichelleWKwan tweeted her congratulations. :)
.@jeremyabbottpcf CONGRATS - well deserved! Still think of your @disclosure "Latch" program @starsonice #brilliant http://bit.ly/1tDpNyr
11:13 AM - 1 Aug 2014
https://twitter.com/MichelleWKwan/status/495271033054973953

As much flack as Jeremy took last year, this has to make him feel good. "Nobody likes me except my vast legion of fans everywhere!"

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I thought they were doing it by category, not first, second and third most vote -.-

anyway, congrats

noskates

Record Breaker
Happy for Jeremy. He's been criticized so much the last few years. I'm sure this was very gratifying for him. (it kind of surprised me though - to be honest!)

centerpt1

On the Ice
Happy for Jeremy. He's been criticized so much the last few years. I'm sure this was very gratifying for him. (it kind of surprised me though - to be honest!)

Maybe he won because of all he's been through? The voters have to be dyed in the wool skating fans to read a Skating magazine and be interested enough to vote- so it stands to reason they know of his rough times.

apple123

On the Ice
I wonder where all those Brown fans and D/W fans were when this happened. So happy for Jeremy. And in an Olympics year! I hope he stays and does himself justice next year.

Pandora

Spectator
I'm sure Jason's time will come. I'm a big fan of his, but happy for Jeremy, it is a fitting tribute for him, especially at this point in his career. Whether he continue to compete (and I hope he does) we know it will likely not be for much longer. Congrats Jeremy!