Johnny Weir vs Friends of Animals | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir vs Friends of Animals

seniorita

Record Breaker
I hope they change their costume cause it reminds me of a christmas tree (i dont know why). Wasnt upset for dark powder on shabalin's face, i ve seen it many times elsewhere.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
What are we supposed to forgive him now? The harm is already done.

I made this decision after several threats were sent to me about disrupting my performance in the Olympic Games and my costume designer, Stephanie Handler, was repeatedly sent messages of hate and disgust. I do not want something as silly as my costume disrupting my second Olympic experience and my chance at a medal, a dream I have had since I was a kid.

He only changed because he knew (or morel likely Galina ranted at him that no matter how well he skates at the Olympics all the media will care about his is outfit and that will certainly effect the way the judges view the program. He is changing it so he won't jeopardize his own chances of doing well at the Olympics, not because he sees the light.

More juvinille Johnny. Is it just me, or has be gottten worse the past few months?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Are we supposed to blame a skater for all the evil of world or the extinction of the fox? AND global warming?
I m honestly puzzled. What we should do?

Jemy

Rinkside
Why blame the skater? he just bought a fur . Only the man who killed the fox, should be responsible for it.

Mafke

Medalist
The fascists won.

Congratultions. Where they failed by polite reasoning, they succeed by threats and intimidation.

seniorita

Record Breaker
And if you think that ALL but ALL the skaters i saw at europeans had a specific brand of suitcase for their stuff, not very animal friendly:laugh:

taylorfax

On the Ice
And if you think that ALL but ALL the skaters i saw at europeans had a specific brand of suitcase for their stuff, not very animal friendly:laugh:
God I saw so many people in fur coats at Euros, I don't remember the last time I've seen so many fur coats in one place. hehe

seniorita

Record Breaker
Do you have the courage to threaten her to her face? I don't.
Actually if she was anywhere near in Tallinn i would have asked her if i can borrow one. I dont possess any sort of animal fur but in Estonia it would have been too useful.;)

werelump

Rinkside
Tarasova was actually the one close encounter I've knowingly had with a fur coat (Worlds, LA). She was standing beside me and I spent more than a full minute imagining what it would feel like to pet her. :laugh:

taylorfax

On the Ice
She was standing beside me and I spent more than a full minute imagining what it would feel like to pet her. :laugh:
LOLOLOL!

Anyway..

Actually if she was anywhere near in Tallinn i would have asked her if i can borrow one. I dont possess any sort of animal fur but in Estonia it would have been too useful.;)
It was crazy cold here during the week of the competition, wasn't it. The coldest it's been in a while! -20 Celsius and my lips got frostbitten as I was getting home from the arena. :x

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Are we supposed to blame a skater for all the evil of world or the extinction of the fox? AND global warming?
I m honestly puzzled. What we should do?

no, not just any skater or skating... just Johnny Weir. Cuz he deserves it for breathing.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Tarasova was actually the one close encounter I've knowingly had with a fur coat (Worlds, LA). She was standing beside me and I spent more than a full minute imagining what it would feel like to pet her. :laugh:

OMG I thought the same thing! I think it was at Worlds? She was giving Dennis Ten a slight hug and patting him on the back, and I couldn't help but wonder what it would feel like, that lucky fur coat. I'm inherently against furs, but I had difficulty fighting the temptation :biggrin:

Wicked

Final Flight
I liked Johnny's statement. He said he would change because he didn't think it was worth it to have this issue as a distraction to himself or anybody else, but he also defended his position on liking fur. I agree Johnny, it's a draw.

stevlin

On the Ice
about fur

Why blame the skater? he just bought a fur . Only the man who killed the fox, should be responsible for it.

The man who killed the fox is responsible. But so is the buyer [Johnny and others who buy and wear fur]. If fur is selling, then the killer, trapper goes out and kills more so more furs can be sold. These poor critters suffer horribly. Many get electrocuted by a probe which is inserted in the anus. They do that so the fur won't get damaged. The animal suffers terribly. Or for "Mongolian fur [cat and dog fur] they usually get hung. Nice, huh? I have a beautiful cat named Scooter and would never hurt her for all the world. She brings me and my family such joy. Do you have a pet? Johnny of all people should know the love of a pet. He has 2 dogs, doesn't he? Look at the coats in the dept. store, look at the label for Mongolian fur, usually it's just fur trim around the hat part and the cuffs.