Karen Chen | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Karen Chen

Skatesocs

Final Flight
The SP has real potential, could do with a different music arrangement and cut, but there's detail, there are some good moments in it already... it could create an Olympic moment if it gets there.

She opened with a 2A... Wonder if there's going to be a 3A there, soon.

macy

Record Breaker
The SP has real potential, could do with a different music arrangement and cut, but there's detail, there are some good moments in it already... it could create an Olympic moment if it gets there.

She opened with a 2A... Wonder if there's going to be a 3A there, soon.
as much as i love Karen's skating, i'm not hoping for a 3A. She has a gorgeous 2A and a triple would be amazing, but it's not going to help her unless she's clean. I hope she focuses on consistency and clean jumps this season.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
as much as i love Karen's skating, i'm not hoping for a 3A. She has a gorgeous 2A and a triple would be amazing, but it's not going to help her unless she's clean. I hope she focuses on consistency and clean jumps this season.
I think she's wanted to go for it, and the opening 2A made me take a step back, and evaluate that for a bit. Maybe she just put the 2A before the 3Lz+3T for artistic effect (the jump spread works really well with that music, so won't be shocked), but I think she might go for it, at least once, before determining whether she wants it in, or not.

I'd actually suggested on the forum what I think she should do, for good consistency with a 3A, on the forum, before:

3A
3Lz
3Lo+2Lo x
If she goes for the 3A, she can drop the 3Lz+3T and instead do a good quality 3Lz (she tends to get nervous on her fantastic 3Lz when she needs to do a combo), do a simpler 3Lo+2Lo, but backload it so it gains a small bonus. Less energy spent, and (hopefully) lands all the jumps with great quality.

Last edited:

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I think the program is STUNNING. If she can skate it clean a couple of times, it could get very high marks.

My dream is to have her skate one program at the Olympics team event. Both of her programs are really beautiful and I hope she could get an Olympic medal with them. There’s still a lot of the season left but I’m really hoping!!!

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Think the past version of that LP is better. I hope they consider more tweaking.

The opening 2A (changed from 2A+3T) being there yet again makes me think that they're prepping for a 3A.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I have to say Karen really moved me with that SP, seeing it live at Finlandia Trophy past Saturday. I sat immobile pretty much fir the whole performance amazed by sheer grace and elegance she gave out.
There's just something very *poetic* about Karen's skating and for me, she's such an artistic skater, painting those beautiful pictures by her movement, making the music sing louder.
I unfortunately couldn't see FS live, but rewatched it on YT on my way back from Finland yesterday - similarly to SP, her musicality, pure beauty of movement, the thrill on her face while performing, just amazing.
Reflecting back on my FT trip, one of the best reasons to go was to sort of re-discover Karen's skating and performance value.
Plus - I made one extra flower crown during competition, a pastel one with violets, blues and pinks and after Karen's SP performance I really wanted to gift it to her as a *thank you* gesture. I couldn't give it to her immediately after performance, so I tried to spot her outside the stands. By sheer luck, I saw Camden passing through stands into skaters' zone and my brain was quick enough to ask him to give the crown to Karen & to thank her for beautiful performance/to wish her luck in FS.
I was so happy - but my happiness went even higher, seeing last night that Karen actually wore the crown on her IG stories!! ❤❤
Screenshot_20211011-011659_Chrome.jpg

MrMC18

Rinkside
I’m so happy for her. I’m so nervous for her tonight but I really hope she does amazing.

Btw, has anyone been following rocker skating practice notes? Karen’s been going off in practices; she landed 5 clean triple triples yesterday. That’s crazy

bubblecherry

Final Flight
congrats to karen for becoming an olympic silver medalist through the team event!
:love:
i definitely dreamt of this moment as her fan for years and at times didn’t know if it was possible, but what an accomplishment for her!!

butterfly lovers is such a gorgeous program and karen is such a stunning skater. it’s such a gift to be able to watch her skating. we’re so lucky to have her :love:

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Good luck Karen! I might watch her live but we'll see. I hope she's able to replicate her Nationals SP later. Overall, I just want her to be happy with how she does on the ice.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to say Karen really moved me with that SP, seeing it live at Finlandia Trophy past Saturday. I sat immobile pretty much fir the whole performance amazed by sheer grace and elegance she gave out.
There's just something very *poetic* about Karen's skating and for me, she's such an artistic skater, painting those beautiful pictures by her movement, making the music sing louder.
I unfortunately couldn't see FS live, but rewatched it on YT on my way back from Finland yesterday - similarly to SP, her musicality, pure beauty of movement, the thrill on her face while performing, just amazing.
Reflecting back on my FT trip, one of the best reasons to go was to sort of re-discover Karen's skating and performance value.
Plus - I made one extra flower crown during competition, a pastel one with violets, blues and pinks and after Karen's SP performance I really wanted to gift it to her as a *thank you* gesture. I couldn't give it to her immediately after performance, so I tried to spot her outside the stands. By sheer luck, I saw Camden passing through stands into skaters' zone and my brain was quick enough to ask him to give the crown to Karen & to thank her for beautiful performance/to wish her luck in FS.
I was so happy - but my happiness went even higher, seeing last night that Karen actually wore the crown on her IG stories!! ❤❤
View attachment 4368
That is lovely and it looks lovely on her.