Kazuki Tomono | Page 237 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

kwanette

Final Flight

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
He's so high up the rankings I refuse to believe he'll be getting a measly one spot. He won't.
As for Challengers, I do hope he gets one, despite the weird CS schedule. However, I was under the impression that Kazuki does better at later events, so perhaps one of the late October/early November ones, GP schedule permitting? JSF has always sent him to the early ones, so they might want to test a different approach.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Yeah technically he is guaranteed one spot but I also believe he will get two spots based on how high he is on the rankings - He's been in worse situations before ranking-wise and still got two spots. Remember the GP assignments are invitation-based and not entirely controlled by JSF.

I am more pessimistic about the Challengers because these are assignments entirely controlled by JSF and we know JSF's agenda. But we shall see, if it happens I will be pleasantly surprised.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Yeah technically he is guaranteed one spot but I also believe he will get two spots based on how high he is on the rankings - He's been in worse situations before ranking-wise and still got two spots. Remember the GP assignments are invitation-based and not entirely controlled by JSF.

I am more pessimistic about the Challengers because these are assignments entirely controlled by JSF and we know JSF's agenda. But we shall see, if it happens I will be pleasantly surprised.
If he's assigned to Golden Spin, honestly I'd prefer him to skip it for Grand Prix Final. :biggrin:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Kazuki's "Smile" Radio Corner will air tomorrow 3 PM
Thanks! It's been a few quiet days for us Kazuki stans, which is quite unusual 😂 but tomorrow we will be spoiled with the Kyoto Figure Skating Festival full broadcast + radio corner broadcast. Even if we can't have access to those, hopefully we'll have some fan reports :pray:

Also, next week is TOMONO WEEK! I'm sure non-no is planning something special :love2:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Thanks! It's been a few quiet days for us Kazuki stans, which is quite unusual 😂 but tomorrow we will be spoiled with the Kyoto Figure Skating Festival full broadcast + radio corner broadcast. Even if we can't have access to those, hopefully we'll have some fan reports :pray:

Also, next week is TOMONO WEEK! I'm sure non-no is planning something special :love2:
I hope that this broadcast will be on line at some time!

KiraraChin

Medalist
I hope that this broadcast will be on line at some time!
It's normally online on a platform called Radiko, which is subscription-only and not available outside Japan 😕

And..still nothing on choreographers, programs, etc..A lot of the other skaters have skated their new programs or announced them..
Patience is a virtue 😇 Both in 2022 and 2023 he made programme announcements after his birthday, around late May/June.

Meanwhile, some of the themes of today's radio show:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Oh, I thought that Radiko was only radio? It's true that I've never managed to access their programs, now it makes sense.
Sorry, my mistake! Kyoto Figure Skating Festival was broadcast on Gaora Sports. Smile++ radio corner was broadcast on Radiko!

Not a lot of new info came out from yesterday's radio corner, it was mostly a Q&A explaining how the off-season works for skaters.
- He said that he hadn't decided on his new programmes yet 😅 - but fans couldn't tell whether it was live or recorded, if it was recorded there's a chance things have changed by now.
- For the radio corner, he chose a song by one of the artists that will be participating in FaOI - a hint of a possible collaboration?
- He sounded very happy talking about his off-season training - seems that things are going well 🥹

Meanwhile, we know that Kazuki participated in a Hiraike/Sugita team training camp during Golden Week:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
With Shoma's retirement, Kazuki will now be the oldest Japanese male skater competing internationally :cry:

... and Sota's next in line. :eek2: I need both boys to hold on for a few years yet, purely selfishly... I'm not ready to see either of them go, and male FS won't be the same for me when they retire one day 🥲 I hope we get Kazuki's program announcements soon, and Shoma's retirement is a strong reminder for me to grab an opportunity to go see Kazuki live for the first time, if one presents itself. One never knows.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Did you mean to share this:

As in introvert, I find it amazing how he did just one event with this guy, and now they are hanging out together as 'family' and the guy is full of praise for him ✍️ Kazuki is really the king of people skills 🤯

In more news: Kazuki and Sota were added to the lineup of the Kurashiki Figure Skating Club 15th anniversary event tomorrow (12 May) in Okayama! https://www.instagram.com/kurashiki_kansya_day2024/p/C60DHj7J4GU/

Also, he attended Shoma's Colantotte event today, alongside Sota, Koshiro and Rio Nakata

KiraraChin

Medalist
LOTS of content to post today, so please bear with me... First, some group pics from yesterday Colantotte event. So nice to see everyone smile! Fans said that, as usual, Kazuki played the 'MC' role and talked a lot lol but that meant the conversation was very lively and everyone else got to laugh and talk a lot too ☺️