Kevin Aymoz opens up about goals and aspirations | Golden Skate

Kevin Aymoz opens up about goals and aspirations

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kevin Aymoz of France appears to be in the prime form of his figure skating career for the 2023-24 season and opens up about his career goals and aspirations.

What are your thoughts on his new programs for this season? Can he stay healthy for Milan? What more can he do to raise the bar?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This was a wonderful interview. I laughed how he didn't want to skate to Bolero , and I don't like Bolero, but Kevin proved to himself and to many people that Bolero is fantastic. He is so respectful to other competitors and just a sweet man.
I'm so happy he plans to skate to Milan and maybe beyond. He is feeling the clock ticking as he is 26, but he is so youthful so I hope he has many more years.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What an engaging interview: Kévin speaks with the same emotion that he skates. Loved hearing about

1. Why the red gloves? Matador cape, also blood, drawing attention to the hands.🐮

2. Kevin screams, physically screams, at the point in the skate where he ready to rush the judges:eek2:

3. He is personally shy, but when he is on the ice, the boards protect him and he can be whatever he wants.

So much more, well worth the 25 minutes.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What an engaging interview! I enjoyed it very much. It was very sweet how he encourages the fans to watch each skater for what they bring to the sport.

I still will get creeped out by the murder gloves, no matter what the reason behind them. :slink:

I loved this part too: I am competing "with" (in the same arena) as these skaters, not against them, and fans should have the same approach.

And unprompted, as examples he mentions three skaters by name: watch Ilia for technique, Jason Brown for quality, Gabi and Guillaume for passion. ❤️