Kristina Czako | Golden Skate

Kristina Czako

shine

Record Breaker
Do you guys remember Kristina Czako of Hungary? I think the last time we saw her was at the 1997 Worlds.
I just rewatched her long program to "The Adams Family" from 1997 Euro, and I have to say it's the most exciting and artistically daring women's LP I've seen. Simply BRILLIANT. I don't think I've seen another *woman* with that kind of innovation, courage and level of interpretation pulling of a program like that, let alone in that kind of costume. I literally sent chills down my spine. Along with the short program she did the same year, I think Czako was one of the most versatile, musicial and artistically gifted skaters, ever. And the power of her skating could only be matched by Irina Slutskya.
What do you think?

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Czako

Yes, I remember Krisztina. I miss her skating terribly. The last I saw her was the 1997 Trophee Lalique (before the Olys), which Laetitia Hubert won, and the then-world champion, Tara Lipinski, finished second in. Czako fell everywhere; she literally just gave up. I think she had more power and polish than Slutskaya, and could have challenged in skating, had she remained healthy.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Shine, I was trying to think of her name when watching Julia Sebeysten this past weekend. Kristina was coached by her father wasn't she? I wonder what she is doing now?

Piel

dizzydi

On the Ice
I couldn't remember her, although I do remember the name. I looked her up on the Golden Skate Fan pages and found her website. Although, the website is Russian, at least I could see some pictures. Wow, that girl had muscular thighs. No wonder some people describe her as powerful.

Dizzy

CassidyL

Rinkside
Kristina is coaching in Budapest. Sometimes she posts on other message boards but I haven't seen a post since spring or so. She has always been very happy to hear from people on her site.

http://bke.freeweb.hu/

If that comes up in Hungarian, click on the Union Jack flag in the corner and the English site will come up. There is her personal guest book (not the club's) to leave messages, just click on her name under "coaches"

MasterF

Rinkside
Christina

I remember her, she had awesome jumps when she was on. I always wondered what happened to her at the 98 oly's? I was awaiting for her creativity and power for that year. She wasn't old, so something must have happened (like injury) to her at that time. Perhaps is was also a money problem. Everytime they showed her they always pointed to the fact that they had to travel really far for her to train.