Kristoffer Berntsson's last season? | Golden Skate

Kristoffer Berntsson's last season?

Eevun

Final Flight
Blog updated
He tells about his feelings from Worlds, that he messed up in his LP and...
Now that I’m back I have a strong feeling of revenge, and that I want to give it all this season as it might be my last...

Noo.... :cry: We want you to continue after Oly! But he maybe even not will go to Vancouver since SOK's (Swedish Olympic Committee) rules are quite weird and Sweden got only one spot...
There are two ways to qualify to the Swedish Olympic team.
To be able to compete for the top eight spots or if you are a member of our talent program, we are more flexible. Depending on the athlete the span can be to competer for the top 20 places.
Koffe's not in the talent program any more, and to reach the top 8, well that will be hard.

Anyway, I hope he'll go to Euros and Worlds next season, and that, if it'll be his last, will be his best season ever. You're worth in, dearest Kristoffer! :rock:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Noo.... :cry: We want you to continue after Oly!

Well, I'm not surprised that next season will be his last. A lot of my favourites will be retiring after 2010, and I expected Koffe would be one of them. He's getting up there in terms of figure skating years, and the human body can only take so much pounding from all of those triple jumps. I can't help but wonder if some of the struggles we've seen this season might be because of his age... :think:

The thought of his departure is still very depressing, though. :frown:

But he maybe even not will go to Vancouver since SOK's (Swedish Olympic Committee) rules are quite weird and Sweden got only one spot...

Koffe's not in the talent program any more, and to reach the top 8, well that will be hard.

Do you know when the SOK will make a final decision? Realistically, neither Kristoffer nor Adrian are Top 8 material. Is Majorov part of the talent program?

Anyway, I hope he'll go to Euros and Worlds next season, and that, if it'll be his last, will be his best season ever. You're worth in, dearest Kristoffer! :rock:

I echo your sentiment! :thumbsup: He is made of awesome (so awesome in fact that I started to collect Swedish stamps this year :p) and I hope he ends his skating career on a high note. :)

Last edited:

encore

Spectator
Oh well... the saddest thing is that he isn't planning to skate in shows after he quits!:cry:

Eevun

Final Flight
Do you know when the SOK will make a final decision? Realistically, neither Kristoffer nor Adrian are Top 8 material. Is Majorov part of the talent program?
No, not at all. Maybe at the end of the year? Have no clue at all. One more thing to ask.
Both Adrian and Alexander are in the talent program. So I think it will be Adrian who'll go to Oly, top 20 for him isn't an utopia. But my heart want to send Koffe, as it will be his last Oly. Adrians big goal is Oly in Sochi, and I think he has a great chance to be really good there.

I echo your sentiment! :thumbsup: He is made of awesome (so awesome in fact that I started to collect Swedish stamps this year :p) and I hope he ends his skating career on a high note. :)
:rofl: Really? I can send you lots!

Oh well... the saddest thing is that he isn't planning to skate in shows after he quits!:cry:
No?? :frown: You know this for sure?

Kristoffer's thoughts of other skaters:
Concerning other’s skating: I like Patrick Chan's skating, really light and easy with nice edges and so on. But Evan was a worthy winner this time, he was the only one who did everything. In the ladies competition Yu-Na Kim was outstanding, that triple-triple combination she did was just amazing. And of course it's cool to see Mao Asada's triple axel.
:clap:

Last edited:

Orion

Rinkside
As far as I can recall, we (Sweden) have always sent one male skater and one female skater to the Olympics, so why in the world would they be changing that tradition now?! Sigh. I just hope, since we have qualified for one spot in the men's competition that we will take advantage of it - as we should. On the other hand, Victoria Helgesson did not manage to qualify a spot for Sweden so if they have to cut somewhere they should refrain from sending a lady (and not having her try to qualify in a special competition).

Clearly the Swedish men are much better than the ladies! I too am hoping that Kristoffer will get the spot since he's been no. 1 for years and this is his last chance at the Olympics. Adrian is great but he will have many more chances coming up! And Alexander Majorov is looking very promising indeed!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Both Adrian and Alexander are in the talent program. So I think it will be Adrian who'll go to Oly, top 20 for him isn't an utopia. But my heart want to send Koffe, as it will be his last Oly.

I too am hoping that Kristoffer will get the spot since he's been no. 1 for years and this is his last chance at the Olympics. Adrian is great but he will have many more chances coming up! And Alexander Majorov is looking very promising indeed!

I hope the SOK will at least consider sending Adrian if they insist on sticking to the Top 8 rule for athletes who are outside of the talent program, but I agree with both of you that I'd prefer to see Koffe rock the house down in Vancouver! :cool: The men's event is by far the most popular figure skating discipline amongst Canadian fans, so the crowd will appreciate his dazzling showmanship. :yes:

:rofl: Really? I can send you lots!

Yes, really! :) I started the hobby almost 3 years ago, and I've pretty much collected all the nice Canadian stamps that I could without going to a dealer (their prices make me go :eek:). In January, I decided I would begin looking for philatelic issues from the Land of Kristoffer. :biggrin: I'm sure he'd chuckle if I mentioned how he inspired me in a future fan letter. :laugh:

I'll send you a PM soon about your Swedish stamps. ;)

No?? :frown: You know this for sure?

No ice shows??? That can't be true! :no: Koffe's such a natural entertainer; it would be a crime if he didn't continue skating professionally!

Btw Eevun, I adore your Four Kings signature! :agree:

Last edited: