Ladies Finals: Am I the only one who.... | Golden Skate

Ladies Finals: Am I the only one who....

Frau Muller

Final Flight
....jumped out of his/her seat, yelled a 'yipee!' and did a Happy Dance when Kimmie passed Sasha to the #1 spot? :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

I bet I'm not alone.... :rock:

Frau Muller (too polite to write what she did when Sasha fell....) :p

anniemg

Rinkside
Well no, you're not alone, I'm sure Kimmie has fans of her own. I love Sasha, i'm a huge fan, but i expected Kimmie to finish ahead of her. I just knew it. So I didn't jump up and down, I just accepted it!

Panther2000

On the Ice
I did not jump up & down. but like others I thought that it was pretty much a given that something would happen & someone else would win.

Sorry to say but, that is the formula when it comes to sasha. Her best most successful season was when she was with TT. I Think that if she had stayed with her & listen. Sasha would be your Olympic champion & probably a 2 time world champ.

But, As soon as I hear that TT & sasha teamed up. I knew that it would be only matter of time before they went their own ways.:rofl:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I was happy that Cohen didn't win, for reasons I explained in another thread. But I didn't necessarily rejoice because she was clearly crushed afterwards. And typically I don't like to see people disappointed like that.

But I SO wasn't expecting Kimmie to beat her (I thought it would be just Suguri), let alone WIN the thing! Man, that was an UPSET

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Frau Muller said:
....jumped out of his/her seat, yelled a 'yipee!' and did a Happy Dance when Kimmie passed Sasha to the #1 spot? :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Dear Ms Frau, Kimmie passed up Fumie, not Sasha. I know you probably said .....get up Sasha ---Win!! Win!!

Dee

Lonewolf

On the Ice
I felt sad for Sasha, but I was also happy that Kimmie was rewarded for skating so well.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I knew when I saw Sasha's score that she was not going to win. I wasn't even sure if she could medal, and was concerned about that. I knew someone else was going to win gold, but wasn't sure who it would be.

When I saw Kimmie's score, I just about jumped out of my skin. A few quick calculations told me that NO ONE was going to beat Kimmie. I was delerious with joy.

I was on the edge of my seat for the rest of the skaters. I saw Fumie pass Sasha and was happy for her, but again, concerned that Sasha wouldn't medal. I thought Elena or Joannie had the best chance to pass Sasha.

Elena fell short, then Joannie self-destructed.

I was delighted with the end result: gold for Kimmie, silver for Fumie, bronze for Sasha. But I knew Fumie and Sasha weren't as thrilled as I was.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Or, maybe there are just people who like Kimmie? I really like Kimmie, I was so excited when I saw that she won. And did I do a happy dance when I saw she passed Sasha? Yep, I did. Not because she passed Sasha, but because she went into the lead by a large margin. So yeah, not being a Sasha lover does not mean you are a Sasha hater. I liked Sasha for many years but I grew tired of the fact that she could never quite get there. And I'm sure she's tired of it herself. So congratulations Kimmie on your World Championship win.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Frau Muller said:

My father and I both had a bit of a celebration! I won't tell what I did when Sasha fell on her final salchow, but I'm sure you all can just imagine ;) Kimmie is a great little lady and I'm glad that the title went to her.

Lanie

On the Ice
dancindiva03 said:
Why is someone a hater just because they were happy for Kimmie winning?

Hater because, well, you're all being quite nasty about it. That's the "hater" side coming out.

Bah, I should stop being a Sashapologist. Even I'm getting sick of her not delivering. Her fault, she just doesn't train. Whatever.

tarotx

On the Ice
Lanie said:
Hater because, well, you're all being quite nasty about it. That's the "hater" side coming out.

Bah, I should stop being a Sashapologist. Even I'm getting sick of her not delivering. Her fault, she just doesn't train. Whatever.

Sasha does train. She probably spins more time on the ice than most skaters. Her issue is rather or not she's training right-not that she doesn't train. I know it's semantics but in this case it's a big difference. Sasha's not lazy-nobody can say that. It seems her training is like her music choices-she doesn't push herself. She likes to train what she likes to do on the ice. In the end doing that has won her a national title, 3 world medals and an Olympic silver medal. Now she has to decide if she really wants the clean performances. I think she believed that perfecting what she's good at would get her the Olympic gold medal. It almost did. Now she has to decide if she really wants to go for it or not. If she does. It's time to push herself into really training those jumps.

Lanie

On the Ice
tarotx said:
Sasha does train. She probably spins more time on the ice than most skaters. Her issue is rather or not she's training right-not that she doesn't train. I know it's semantics but in this case it's a big difference. Sasha's not lazy-nobody can say that. It seems her training is like her music choices-she doesn't push herself. She likes to train what she likes to do on the ice. In the end doing that has won her a national title, 3 world medals and an Olympic silver medal. Now she has to decide if she really wants the clean performances. I think she believed that perfecting what she's good at would get her the Olympic gold medal. It almost did. Now she has to decide if she really wants to go for it or not. If she does. It's time to push herself into really training those jumps.

I'm not saying she's lazy at all--she just has to train those jumps if she really wants to fulfill her potential. Run-through her program twice, three times, a session. Etc. When you are an elite level athlete you do NOT do what you like to do. You work on what you are not good at. Heck, this goes for everything in life. :)

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Frau Muller said:

Frau Muller, let me put it this way - the only reason my ceiling is still intact is that I hit it with my FEET instead of my HEAD!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It wasn't because she passed Sasha - I like Sasha a lot, and Fumie, too.

It was because I am the biggest DARN Kimmie fan on this planet!!

Gimmie Kimmie!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

tarotx

On the Ice
Lanie said:
I'm not saying she's lazy at all--she just has to train those jumps if she really wants to fulfill her potential. Run-through her program twice, three times, a session. Etc. When you are an elite level athlete you do NOT do what you like to do. You work on what you are not good at. Heck, this goes for everything in life. :)

I think Sasha should do run-throughs don't get me wrong. She has a philosophy that has gotten her a ton of silver medals and that isn't the end of the world. She actually used to do run-throughs each session at home practice. Some times more then once. That didn't keep her from falling. I think it did give her confidence entering the long program though.

Oh yeah I was happy Kimmie did well but very sad Sasha didn't.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
So it goes like this:

Congrats Kimmie

Bad Cohen for not coming prepared

We forgot about Suguri and Sokolova

R.D.

Record Breaker
And MY thought is:

congrats Kimmie on the WC

congrats to all the other medal winners

ah, nevermind! But I think some people still need to get over all this... It's going from one extreme- rubbing Meissner's victory in people's faces in an attempt to get at Sasha, to the other- patronizing Cohen and downplaying Meissner's victory. Ah, so much to look forward to in Off-Season Debate...

Last edited: