ChSp
2Lz+2T
FSSp - unusual variation w leg over head
2S
3T - fall
3S - fall again
SlSt
CCoSp

Again not her best day... here's hoping the 2nd warm-up group is a lot better.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ah, poor kid just fell apart out there, at one point it looked like she just wanted to give up. :(

Too bad b/c when her magnificent jumps are on it's a thing of beauty to watch. :)

This is one of those performances that drags on & on and you just want it to end, unforutnately. :(

evangeline

Record Breaker
Haha, British Eurosport guy (Nicky Slater?) keeps calling Agnes "Agnes Zawadeski".

Agnes looked rather stiff and awkward, and all those falls at the end will definitely make her go behind Kiira.

Kinga

Medalist
Mae B obviously needs more polish and power. I don't think she's "ungraceful," just that she doesn't have a small-boned frame that is more associated with being "lyrical". With improving her overall skills, gaining more polish and increasing her speed and power (also finding the right costumes, music and choreo that is more flattering and would enhance her strengths), she could be more competitive.

Grace does not necessarily equals being small-bone frame. One can be powerful and non-lyrical but still graceful. Meite's arms movements are just unbearable to watch.
A forgetable first group. Lets hope next 5 skaters deliver!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Zawadski doesn't look as fast as she did last season. I guess it's the maturing factor/ growth spurt to deal with.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
After those 5 abysmal performances I sure hope we get 5 good/great ones in the next flight of skaters.

christinaskater

Medalist
Shoko did well compared to the other girls.

Kira has beautiful presentation and transitions but the jumps were not there

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I like Mae. First time I saw her skate last season I thought she had potential. She has improved but still
needs to work on her skills. I think she is striking looking young woman.

Kiri skated very good except for her jumps but she is not fully recovered from her injuries.

Agnes is not doing to well.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Grace does not necessarily equals being small-bone frame. One can be powerful and non-lyrical but still graceful. Meite's arms movements are just unbearable to watch.
A forgetable first group. Lets hope next 5 skaters deliver!

Yes, I don't disagree with your definitions. However, still, I think it's more that Mae needs improvement in some areas, and that she needs better costuming, choreo, music (better packaging), and perhaps some dance training -- I still don't think she's necessarily "ungraceful."

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner (USA)

Music: Black Swan (soundtrack) by Clint Mansell

3F+2T+2T - 'tano on 1st 2T
2A+2T
3Lz - prob. wrong edge
FSSp
ChSp - nice attitude
LSp
3Lo+2T
3S
3Lo - 2footed
3F
SlSt
CCoSp

Very nice performance... only one minor mistake.

Kinga

Medalist
Yes, I don't disagree with your definitions. However, still, I think it's more that Mae needs improvement in some areas, and that she needs better costuming, choreo, music (better packaging), and perhaps some dance training -- I still don't think she's necessarily "ungraceful."

Ok, I will put it this way - in this program she was ungraceful, IMO. Let agree to disagree. :)
But definitely there is room for improvement. I do not argue that the overall packaging is needed.

Bravo Ashley!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
:clap: :love:BRAVO, ASHLEY WAGNER, BRAVO!!!!:love: :clap:

My second favorite performance of Swan Lake ever! (after Oksana Baiul's portrayal, of course, at the 1994 Olympics).

Wha a masterpiece! I was praying throughout my computer wouldn't crash, wanted to see it in its entirety!

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL. Perfect blend of athleticism, beauty, and artistry... :love:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Ashley looks really good this season. I like both of her programs. If she skates stronger and stronger and as good as she can, hopefully she makes the Worlds team at Nats. I'd actually prefer to see her go with Alissa over Mirai this season. Of course, I preferred Mirai over Flatt last season, and we just might have had 3 spots for U.S. women this season.