Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Gah, I just can't get behind Gracie's music choice for her SP. It was a decent skate. Her arms really give me Evan Lysacek flashbacks, though. I wouldn't say it's flailing, exactly... it's just not my preferred style.

Agree. With a style and a sense of music like that she should keep away from everything jazz. Something like Kill Bill should suit her much better.

Asada's 3axel over 1/4 short (although it was close, maybe just under), two-footed slightly (toe-pick touched on landing) and turned out.

hurrah

Medalist
Mao was a bit cautious with her jumps today, but she still landed the axel!! :yay: And that step sequence was a dream. I can't wait to see her doing this program perfectly.

And I don't worry about her flip anymore. :yay:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)

Music: Hymne a l'amour by Marguerite Monnot

3T+2T - not enough speed to add +3T
3F - free swinging leg, held on, maybe <
FCSp
LSp
2A
StSq
CCoSp

Small mistakes on the first two jumping passes. Maybe 2nd or close 4th place

SP: 32.68+33.35 = 66.03 (SB), in 2nd out of 9

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She did a triple/double and a triple (downgrade), she is not deserving a high score at all!

It's not a downgrade! The jump was fully-rotated. Just because she messed up on the landing doesn't me it wasn't rotated.

Akiko's edges are lovely, there's freedom in her upper body movement, good flow but that SP just really lacks highlights and variety for me. Too samey throughout.