Ladies Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Wow, this might have been the best ladies short yet this year. Only one fall and only one truly bad program.
Of course, that begs the question as to whether certain ladies in the top four will be able to deliver again tomorrow.

kikakiks

On the Ice
Yes, let's hope for no splatfest tomorrow. It was soo nice to seea good competition.
I predict Ando will fight back tomorrow, she seemed a bit annoyed about being second. High pcs were trying to keep her first....I was actually thinking she would come in third because of the really bad spiral. But well, the first three are all so close it doesn't really matter.
It'll be so exciting tomorrow!

oleada

Record Breaker
I think Miki was judged fairly. Her landings were better than Kostner and Meier's, but she didn't do a triple-triple. She messed up her spiral, which I'm guessing was why she had such a low tech. But the extension looked much better than last year. Also, her jumps were not telegraphed, unlike Kostner. As for Czisny, her jumps looked suspect and I'm surprised that they were apparently not downgraded.

Wrlmy

Medalist
OMG Czisny!!!!!!:love:
I believe in you!!! I hope she stands on the podium and proves to all the people who say she's done!

I believe in you!!! I hope she stands on the podium and proves to all the people who say she's done!
Alissa got higher TES than Ando and Meier and only .04 behind Kostner. But her PCS held her to fourth place. :eek:hwell: If she keeps this up, her PCs should rise as the internatioal judges start taking her more seriously.

Lonewolf

On the Ice

I have always felt that if Alissa could do well. If her whole program comes together, and I think it can in the free skate, she has a good chance to make the podium, Go Alissa!! :agree:

crazydreamer

On the Ice
Wow. I was totally ready to forsake Alissa forever. I'm not sure I can take rooting for her anymore, though. It's become such a trial, worse even then when I rooted for Sasha.

Andalusia

Final Flight
What can I say? I love Alissa. She's like Caroline minus the juniorish awkwardness. Rooting for her is like walking on eggshells, but I'll continue to do so because she's wonderful when she's on. So soft and light, like a feather.

Here's hoping she can pull it together for the long. And I feel bad for not minding if Carolina bombs a little so that Caroline can make it to the GPF. :no: The event needs some new blood to spice it up.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Congrats to the top 3.

Alyssa???!?! 58??? Damn, I wouldn't have thought. But still, I have absolutely no reason to think she'll be a medal contender. I have no faith in her (as harsh as that may sound).

pista04

On the Ice
Hah!! Congrats Alissa! I knew you could stay on yee feet, and heres to a clean tomorrow!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
so caorolina pulls out another good SP. I personlly can't stand the music, or the program... and I wonder if she can do a decent long now.

go Miki!!!!

Wrlmy

Medalist
Looking at clips of Ladies sp, I feel it was Elene Gedevanishvili who had the presence of the winner. Her TES even without a combo is over 29. I can't imagine what she is capeble of when she lands every jump, although it has never happened yet. This is a vast improvement from SA, and I can only applaud her. I hope she has a great skate tomorrow.

kikakiks

On the Ice
so caorolina pulls out another good SP. I personlly can't stand the music, or the program... and I wonder if she can do a decent long now.

go Miki!!!!

Interestingly you and a lot of other people seem to be pretty harsh with CarolinaK only since when she's in competition with caroZ for the GP spot....

I believe if she will do bad tomorrow she will have a couple fo fans back...

ChrisH

On the Ice
Alyssa???!?! 58??? Damn, I wouldn't have thought. But still, I have absolutely no reason to think she'll be a medal contender. I have no faith in her (as harsh as that may sound).
She had this good skate a few hours after I posted her 2005 Skate Canada winning performance :cool: and I posted that with little expectation of her repeating that performance. Perhaps if we post (You Tube) her other good skates and still not expect much, she'll get a medal. The commentators at Skate Canada mentioned how Czisny seemed to skate better when she was a last minute replacement at Skate America (silver medal) and just barely made her flight for Skate Canada (gold medal). ;)