Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks for the early pbp! It's much appreciated!

hopefully someone can take it up from here!

bubbleyum

On the Ice
i like the asian girl skating for australia... jumps were all doubled, but she has nice extension and spins, smooth glide over the ice. salome-ish purple costume.37.64, 2nd place.

i have not seen a split on a spiral like that since sasha cohen.

(tina wang)

bubbleyum

On the Ice
another australian girl, very good!

cheltzie lee, 15 yr old dark-skinned girl wearing a red costume, skates to jazzy music.

i like her a lot. she has showmanship and pizazz! very bouncy but still mature looking. nice spin positions with speed, smooth glide across ice, footwork is not boring. she did her triple jumps , although the 3-2 was a slight step out at the landing.

and a good classic layback! she deserves first.

she gets second, bummer 43.96, season's best. but i think if she continues to skate like that she will make a name for herself. of course, i have yet to see her perform a long program, heh.

Last edited:

bubbleyum

On the Ice
sorry i can't do detailed play-bys like amateur... not very good at watching the skating and typing out all the jump passes at the same time :biggrin:

just making comments on skaters i like, cause i'll be staying up to watch yuna and mao, definitely!

(the last 2 skaters, didn;t like so much... bad jumps, bad spirals and positions....)

beep_beep

Medalist
Ok, folks, I'm taking off as well (there's not enough coffee in the world...).
Hope you have a good time watching, and I'll pray for some youtubes tomorrow...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
with IN broadcasting it, kiss youtube good bye :( night, beep!

and bubbleyum, I'll take what I can get, and you're doing just fine!

bubbleyum

On the Ice
random comment while watching:

i always think it somehow lacking when i see skaters doing layback spins, then pulling their foot up to their ear (a la naomi nari nam) and then ending the spin! i always expect them to pull that foot up into a bielman afterwards, hah. even though i know the bielman is overdone and everybody's sick of it... i dunno. i've seen 3 skaters do it so far, and i just expect to see more.

bubbleyum

On the Ice
next up are 3 mexican skaters, a korean skater, and 2 chinese. (group 4)

wonder what group mao and yuna are in?

bekalc

Record Breaker
next up are 3 mexican skaters, a korean skater, and 2 chinese. (group 4)

wonder what group mao and yuna are in?

Mao, Yu-na, and Rochette are in the last group. BUT, Alissa, Caroline, and Rachael I believe are in the next group!!!!

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
i input some...

Gracielle Jeanne TAN of Philippine

Good speed across the ice into a secured 2A, she has a feel for the ice that would grapse your attention
3S fall, 2lz ok
She's not very flexible, a little stiff in her spins, but nice change of edge

Last edited:

bubbleyum

On the Ice
chinese girl, yuren wang, skating in a neon green-yellow costume.
i remember seeing her skate before, though she doesn't usually capture my attention. she looks like she lost a lot of weight since last time! tiny.

3-2 succesfull but very low, fall on 2-axe.
spins are all slow, positions not so great. spiral was ok. i think her problem is that her transitions are not smooth, just looks like she jerks herself into the diff positions.
she seems happy though...

34.38 5th place.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks gopatrick! I think it's great to give the lower tiered girls so attention! they work hard too!

bubbleyum

On the Ice
tiny korean girl dancing to tango music. wearing cute black and red costume. (with the essential red rose in hair, haha)

hyun-jung kim

1st spin very slow, sit spin and camel were ok. footwork very junior-ish looking. the spiral was just ok, and she did her triples but fell on 2axe. good flow edge out of her triples too.

there must be a lot of korean fans in the arena, lots of cheering.

41.64 3rd place.