Lambiel | Golden Skate

Lambiel

Big Deal

Final Flight
He is the most artistic skater since Toller Cranston and John Curry!
This programs are the reason to watch figure skating.
(There are not too many, but they are all important ever-green memories).

figuristka

Medalist
Ive always enjoyed Lambiel's skating. Before his return i watched alot of older clips from him and appreciated him even more. Now after European's i love him even more. His skating is beautiful and evokes emotion. Interesting thing is when i was looking at an older clip when they had the podium the commentator pointed out he he did not land a 3 axel at the Olympics in 2006. I think however his pcs is so high he was able to overcome this with the strength of the rest of his skating and of course the 4 toe.Now he gets even more credit for it.

Nadine

Record Breaker
You see it's performances like this when I say I just don't get it.:confused:

I mean I love Angel Eyes's "Lia Traviata", which I think is a masterpiece!:thumbsup: But these kind no way, but then I think of one of my all-time favorite skaters ever ~ Oksana Baiul ~ and I recall quite a few programs that I felt did not show off her once-in-a-life time artistry, and I can understand.

But, hey, this is a thread in appreciation for those that love Angel Eyes, so on that score I will say:

GOOOOOO LAMBIEL!!!!

shine

Record Breaker
The day that Stephane Lambiel decides to stop skating will be a very, very, very sad day for me.

He's great skater.But I think he should work more with his elements.Plushenko elements are better.But Lambiel has the best components.
http://worldskating.blogspot.com
No one is disputing the technical prowess of Plushy and his cossack-like style of skating to the music of the big beat. He should win the Olys on points and maybe in Socci for 3 in a row. It's just that some of us enjoy more when the blades are on the ice flowing to whatever music is playing with enough tricks to whisper a wow watching Stephane. It's all so sophisticated.

In some minds, a gold medal does not signify the best skater beyond the competition. The diversity of Stephane is stunning.

schiele

Final Flight
It would've been so awesome if he somehow could've made this masterpice his LP this year...
His current one leaves me cold in comparison to his old masterpieces (Poeta, Vivaldi...) :frown::frown:

shine

Record Breaker
It would've been so awesome if he somehow could've made this masterpice his LP this year...
His current one leaves me cold in comparison to his old masterpieces (Poeta, Vivaldi...) :frown::frown:
The program as it is doesn't really quite compare to his Tango either IMO, but I think he hardly skated it up to its potential at Euros. I love the music and it's nice to see him do something so classical like this, which I don't think he's ever done. I do see moments of brilliance in there and the two step sequences are breathtaking. I look forward to see how this program develops. It was after all, only his debut at Euros.

Joe, ITA! Plushenko can jump his way to three Olys golds. But I don't remember when I was the last time I went back to rewatch a program of his.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Stephane always makes me want to smoke a cigarette after I watch him skate. :laugh::laugh:

shine said:
The day that Stephane Lambiel decides to stop skating will be a very, very, very sad day for me.
100% agree!!!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Joe, ITA! Plushenko can jump his way to three Olys golds. But I don't remember when I was the last time I went back to rewatch a program of his.

it's ok, I remember. :biggrin:And 102,157 viewers on youtube in the last hours;)

shine

Record Breaker
^^^Senorita, Plushenko's name need not have showed up in this thread if it wasn't for another poster. Blame him!

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
None to blame:)I just made a teasing.
We just different people. I dont get why to enhance someone 's talent I need to diminish anyone else. I m into Plushy's skate but I dont feel the need to point out that someone else sucks or is disliked to highlight his abilities. And on the other side, certainly I dont feel the need to dig Plush just to point out Lambiel 's superiority, they can both make me hop in a different way and are both so sentimental favorites of mine that after this week I got so positive energy I can light out a whole city with my finger:biggrin:
I m on the happy side.:p

shine

Record Breaker
I'm no different from you senorita:) when I gush about my favourites I just gush about them. What their rivals are like is not important to me. In this case though Plushenko's name was only brought up because someone else felt the need to tell us about how Plushenko is superior (wth?) in a thread that was titled "Lambiel". And hence my response.