Li Zijun | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Li Zijun

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Zijun has withdrawn from GP France. :(

I hope the rumours of her possibly retiring aren't true, but I wouldn't be surprised. The Chinese Fed hasn't been the best to her in the least.

:(

Oh Zijun, you paints, you play, you sing too? Hope you get well soon, We'd love to see you skating again!!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This article states that Zijun has stopped training due to an unspecified injury and won't be competing at the Oylmpics :( :( :(

How come in Russian news? The last Chinese news I read, her coach says she is still recouperating and there's still a chance?

Has there been any updates?

Lana05

Final Flight
How come in Russian news? The last Chinese news I read, her coach says she is still recouperating and there's still a chance?

Has there been any updates?

This article is from news.xinhuanet.com

Eclair

Medalist
I don't think these news are trustworthy. In fact HongBo Zhao gave an interview after Cup of China and mentions that Zijun still has a shot at the Olympic spot, if her injuries heal well and she is determined to do so.

Also, he did specify that it the groin injury bothering her.

matcha

Medalist
I don't think these news are trustworthy. In fact HongBo Zhao gave an interview after Cup of China and mentions that Zijun still has a shot at the Olympic spot, if her injuries heal well and she is determined to do so.

Also, he did specify that it the groin injury bothering her.

OK! I shall remain optimistic!!

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, get well soon, Zijun! I do hope she gets the Olympic spot.

Eclair

Medalist
well don't get your hopes up too much .. it isn't looking good ... but there is a chance! ..

Tulipstar

Medalist
I didn't know she was injured until she withdrew from CoC :(

Hope to see her elegant skating and amazing Ina Bauer grace the ice again soon.

Ballade88

On the Ice
I can't help be so disappointed at how Zijun's career turned out. She was so lovely and charming when she first burst onto the scene with her program to the "Up" soundtrack. I also liked that she performed the one-handed beillman, which reminded me of Mao. I thought she would have a very promising career. But alas, it did not happen. I have not followed her career in years because it was too depressing but I recently noticed that she is now 21! :eek: It is still possible that she can have a late career comeback, a la Shizuka and Akiko. But her time is running out and she needs to make some big changes. I wish her all the best in the new year and hope she could go to the Olympics.

On a side note, I wonder if Lu Chen has reached out to support her. It's so strange that China has not made much progress in their ladies discipline despite the fact that Lulu was their first major star. They can really use her expertise and experience to help the next generation of skaters.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Just read this. Wow is this true?

http://www.sportsmoney.cn/article/74352.html

Any news on Zijun lately?

Wow, quite an impressive sport centre she is building and managing! Also impressive the support and investment she gets.

It's not clear when this ice sports centre was built as it is said to have hosted the 6th Asian Winter Games and 2012 Winter Games. The article also says it was built by Zijun and bears her name.

sakurano

Final Flight
she was not my favorite among the senior ones but still I have to admit that she had a promising future especially since 2013 and even before she had won the bronze medal for the 2012 YOG so it's sad to hear that she retired at 21, she will miss us anyway and I hope to see her as happy as at last year's Gala with her Bug Bunny Orchestra.:love: