Look for gold for Cohen and Belbin/Agosto! | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Look for gold for Cohen and Belbin/Agosto!

Hey Slute-fan, I think I have to go along with the Evanistas on this one. If the best our conspirators can do is finagle a pitiful 4th place out of the system, we need a new U.S. figure skating mafia.

True, we did a little better pulling strings for Tanith and Ben (maybe we had help from Canada on that one.) Anyway, now it's up to Sasha to see whether or not you know what you are talking about on this thread, LOL. :)

Sasha_4_The_Win

Rinkside
SunshineSlayer said:
You're right, it is not questionable AT ALL. This coming from someone whos Mom was a gymnastics judge in the past and myself who had really studied the gymnastics COP at that time. Khorkina just made too many mistakes and was even a little overscored on some events. Carly won that fair and square.

But back to the main topic of the thread - if anyone has this medal wrapped up, it is certainly Slutskaya, not Cohen.

No one has the medal wrapped up for the ladies. Hopefully the ladies competition will have far less errors than the men's and we will see some great performances.

I love the hype on these boards. I hope some of you are not too disappointed when the scores are given. :biggrin:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I'm so looking forward to this competition... I hope to see great performances and a close competition... I don't believe this will happen but wish the best for all the skaters... espcially DivaKwara but cannot begin to fathom a scenario that doesn't have Irina on the top step...

Having said that, I'm anticipating some drama and a bit of controversay... let's pray that I'm totally wrong for the sake of the sport...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so slutskaya fan... what went wrong with your prediction last night? ;)

Irina's got it in the bag... and the Russians sweep... so long as she stays on her feet, that is.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Tonichelle said:
so slutskaya fan... what went wrong with your prediction last night? ;)

Irina's got it in the bag... and the Russians sweep... so long as she stays on her feet, that is.

I said the Americans would win both events barring a major error. Belbin/Agosto had a major and uncharacteristic stumble in their twizzles last night, along with several other unision breaks so gave the gold away, so I dont in any way feel proven wrong. They still hung onto silver even with their flawed free dance.

flying camel

Medalist
slutskayafan21 said:
I said the Americans would win both events barring a major error. Belbin/Agosto had a major and uncharacteristic stumble in their twizzles last night, along with several other unision breaks so gave the gold away, so I dont in any way feel proven wrong. They still hung onto silver even with their flawed free dance.

Yea but the Russians were beyond boring. Tanith & Ben were still exciting and pleasing to watch even with the stumbles.

new_europe2006

Rinkside
slutskayafan21 said:
That is clearly not the truth. Carly was lucky to score in the 9.55 range on bars with all her form breaks, she no way would deserve a score above 9.6. Undermarked on beam? She was getting 9.7+ on beam all Olympics, that is a top score on beam so that is not being undermarked. The idiot Tim Dagget in the booth must have dictated your thinking as most who dont understand a sport too well simply go along with what the commentators say, even when they are full of biases.

Tim Daggett dictated my way of thinking? ROTFLMAO. He didn't even say anything about Carly's uneven bars score during the all-around competition. I also used to be a gymnast so I know what to look for in routines.

Carly stuck her dismount cold and she didn't go off balance and there were no form breaks despite what you want to believe and she hit her handstand positions in the 12 o'clock position. Carly also doesn't look awkward the way Svetlana does.

You just can't stand the fact that Carly won and your diva got her butt kicked fair and square.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Well Cohen wins the short over far superior performances by both Slutskaya and Arakawa. NBC and their dealmaking and influence strikes again. To be honest I cant decide which performance was better between Irina and Shizuka, and which performance deserved 3rd place between Cohen and Fumie. Sasha was not in the league of Irina or Shizuka last night, smaller jumps, slower spins except for the 2nd half of her final spin, lesser footwork than Irina, much lesser skating skills than both Irina and Shizuka, slow performance. Oh well NBC has spoken, give inflated marks to all the Americans except in pairs.

new_europe2006

Rinkside
slutskayafan21 said:
Well Cohen wins the short over far superior performances by both Slutskaya and Arakawa. NBC and their dealmaking and influence strikes again. To be honest I cant decide which performance was better between Irina and Shizuka, and which performance deserved 3rd place between Cohen and Fumie. Sasha was not in the league of Irina or Shizuka last night, smaller jumps, slower spins except for the 2nd half of her final spin, lesser footwork than Irina, much lesser skating skills than both Irina and Shizuka, slow performance. Oh well NBC has spoken, give inflated marks to all the Americans except in pairs.

Superior performance by Slutskaya? :rofl: :rofl:

No flow out of her jumps, telegraphed 3flip, wobbly spiral sequence, less difficult footwork, bare choreography, travelling spins, sloppy positions on her spins and spiral sequence, back pumping.

Yeah, NBC has really bought off the ISU. :rofl: :rofl:

Peggy

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:

Did you hear the crowd after Sasha's skate? Do you think the crowd were all NBC employees? Sasha earned her scores, that was a fabulous performance and I think her scores should have been higher.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Even my friend who DESPISES Sasha Cohen admitted her spiral sequence blew Irina's "1001 Bielmanns" away. Irina is the female version of Plushenko--to borrow what David Pelltier said about Plushy's LP, "Crosscut, crosscut, crosscut, [insert LONG telegraph] JUMP!" She also has very little in the way of presenation. Sasha apparently has finally realized (or relaxed enough) that she knows showing some sort of emotion besides "I KEEL JOU!" through the performance works better.

Sasha should have been in first. Irina should either have been much farther behind in points or third behind Shizuka who may not have the power in her jumps Irina has or quite the level of extention Sasha has, but still as an overall package is a more flowing, polished skater than Irina.

mzheng

Record Breaker
julietvalcouer said:
Even my friend who DESPISES Sasha Cohen admitted her spiral sequence blew Irina's "1001 Bielmanns" away. Irina is the female version of Plushenko--to borrow what David Pelltier said about Plushy's LP, "Crosscut, crosscut, crosscut, [insert LONG telegraph] JUMP!" She also has very little in the way of presenation. Sasha apparently has finally realized (or relaxed enough) that she knows showing some sort of emotion besides "I KEEL JOU!" through the performance works better.

Sasha should have been in first. Irina should either have been much farther behind in points or third behind Shizuka who may not have the power in her jumps Irina has or quite the level of extention Sasha has, but still as an overall package is a more flowing, polished skater than Irina.
Totally agree.

:love: Shizuka :love: soft smoothy edges :love:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
According to the current scoring system Plushenko definetely deserved his Olympic win. I wonder where the idea comes from that the winning freeskate should be something special? In past there has been many freeskates by Olympic winners that are not anything really great. The win is what matters and not the way one wins the title. On the other hand in recent years there has been two exceptional freeskates, such awesome performances: Brian Boitano and Ilia Kulik. That is though not something normal, something to happen at every Olympics. Maybe in 2010 there will again be an awesome freeskate by a male singles skater and maybe not.

Last edited:

ranjake

Final Flight
new_europe2006 said:

No flow out of her jumps, telegraphed 3flip, wobbly spiral sequence, less difficult footwork, bare choreography, travelling spins, sloppy positions on her spins and spiral sequence, back pumping.

i must totally agree with you...i really thought irina got a bit LUCKY with the scores...but i expect her to REALLY bring it tonight...

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
new_europe2006 said:

You are so anti-Russian and pro-American it is laughable, you should call yourself American-rear-kisser. Carly perfect form on uneven bars, Irina all flawed skating and Sasha no flaws, ROTFL!!!

As for Irina vs Sasha. Irina huge powerful jumps that did have flow coming out of 2 of the 3(her combo didnt). Sasha tiny jumps, flutz instead of lutz for her combo, no flow out of any of them, and wobbly double axel. Spins of the two similar. Footwork Irina superior. Spirals Sasha better. Musical interpretation similar, basic skating skills and ease of movement Irina by a mile, choreography and transitions similar. Yes Irina's performance was much better than Sasha's except for Sasha being American.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
new_europe2006 said:
Tim Daggett dictated my way of thinking? ROTFLMAO. He didn't even say anything about Carly's uneven bars score during the all-around competition. I also used to be a gymnast so I know what to look for in routines.

Carly stuck her dismount cold and she didn't go off balance and there were no form breaks despite what you want to believe and she hit her handstand positions in the 12 o'clock position. Carly also doesn't look awkward the way Svetlana does.

You just can't stand the fact that Carly won and your diva got her butt kicked fair and square.

Carly no form breaks on uneven bars and hit her positions at 12 o clock position, ROTFL! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. You wouldnt recognize great form if it hit you in the head obviously, you probably think Kim Zmeskal had great form on uneven bars too, another gymnast who won her all around title(91 Worlds)only because she was an American. So what if you used to be a gymnast, Blaine Wilson is a much better gymnast then you I am sure and he still wouldnt know what good form is if it hit him listening to his brief lame attempts at commentary and the scores he deems the U.S gymnast to deserve. :rofl:

Regardless your precious Carly will go down in history as a one-hit wonder, Chorkina one of the greatest gymnast of all time. 20 years from now nobody outside the U.S will even know who Carly Patterson is, they will think it is some kind of necklace or new tissue jewelery perhaps. Chorkina will go down as one of the greatest gymansts in history with a long career of enormous success 1-hit wonder Carly could only dream of having. Carly is the equivalent of Sarah Hughes, Chorkina Michelle Kwan. So I hope you enjoyed your precious Carly's bought gold medal since nobody will ever hear or talk of her again, even in the U.S she is already forgotten compared to another overhyped U.S gymnast Mary Lou, who retired over 20 years ago. Carly=blip on the radar screen, whose biggest accomplishment was a gold in an Olympics tainted by gymnasts judging scanadals, Chorkina=legend of the sport people will talk about many years from now and reminisce over.

R.D.

Record Breaker
SF- with all due respect, I see you as the opposite of what you are accusing the poster of doing...many pro-Russian/anti-American remarks.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Red Dog said:
SF- with all due respect, I see you as the opposite of what you are accusing the poster of doing...many pro-Russian/anti-American remarks.

You are entitled your opinion. I would expect an American to have that view. :biggrin: