Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Congrats to Lorraine and Quinn for an awesome senior debut season. Placed in the top four at 4cc.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They won Lake Placid ID International!

Their new programs:

RD

"Desde el alma" by Orquesta Color Tango De Roberto Alvarez; "Quejumbroso" by Orquesta Color Tango De Roberto Alvarez
Lorraine is so fierce! Tango is a great look for them! And these are not same ole same old tangoes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IIyMiTP5Sg

They earned 73.50 for this RdD, and placed first.

FD
"Porz Goret" by Yann Tiersen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUbgGVwaShg

They earned 111.62 for this FD, and 185.12 total, placing first in the free dance and first overall.
I would like to see sharper positions in the lifts. The spins are creative, and it looks like it will be interesting to watch on the ice!

A very, very promising start to the season!

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
They won Lake Placid ID International!

Their new programs:

RD

"Desde el alma" by Orquesta Color Tango De Roberto Alvarez; "Quejumbroso" by Orquesta Color Tango De Roberto Alvarez
Lorraine is so fierce! Tango is a great look for them! And these are not same ole same old tangoes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IIyMiTP5Sg

They earned 73.50 for this RdD, and placed first.

FD
"Porz Goret" by Yann Tiersen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUbgGVwaShg

They earned 111.62 for this FD, and 185.12 total, placing first in the free dance and first overall.
I would like to see sharper positions in the lifts. The spins are creative, and it looks like it will be interesting to watch on the ice!

A very, very promising start to the season!

Indeed, for me same as the music used is quite original, the choreography/interpretational approach follows the suit for me. And I already know that people will complain, because they want 'face grab & red rose' happy meal thing - but I can't help, but appreciate freshness of their mature, kinda 'cool' vibe produced in this RD. They both look very sophisticated and non-literal. I would rather see them going for more Argentine Tango holds, poses, but keeping that into this 'cool' vibe. Material they have looks like will give them a new opening and opportunity to find their personalities more in competition.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just watched their RD and FD from Lake Placid... wow. Whatever they've been doing this summer, it's clearly working for them. I was really worried at the end of last season--things just looked awkward, clunky, and clearly not working. But it's like they're a whole different team, so smooth and captivating. I can't wait to see where they go this season.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations on their Silver Medal at Nepala... they were underscored imho but the skates were exquisitely beautiful.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Congratulations on their Silver Medal at Nepala... they were underscored imho but the skates were exquisitely beautiful.

I agree on underscoring, especially comparing to winners' score and how both teams performed. They should have break 110 for sure.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Quinn & Lorraine:hap10:. Check out that free dance protocol, people! Level 4 step sequence. I believe that is the first one for a senior team on this year's Challenger Series.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Quinn & Lorraine:hap10:. Check out that free dance protocol, people! Level 4 step sequence. I believe that is the first one for a senior team on this year's Challenger Series.

Watching it live, their whole FD is beautifully constructed, like one big step sequence - there's that lovely flow that does not separate particular elements. As for ss itself, I think it was not the most speedy one, but they put great amount of focus, detail and took their right time with it to achieve such effect. It really is a new team this season for me, and so humble, both of them, they were so happy to hear that ppl love their work, that ppl are excited for them:) :) :)

BrentWolgamott

Rinkside
Watched them at Skate America. THEY REALLY should have been 3rd -- I hope they are encouraged. I loved them SO MUCH MORE compared to where they were last year. Lots of improvement -- her shoulders are down now more (not up and tense), and he's just a dream. GO LORRAINE AND QUINN!!!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
They slayed on the pattern at Skate America. First team of the season to earn level 4s on both portions in an ISU event!

That was my major hope for them. Now put the Level 4s on the pattern together with the Level 4 step sequence in the FD, and let's rock & roll.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
I felt so blessed to be in the audience in Everett to see their performances! Their FD was mesmerizing. I gave them a standing O! I saw a lot of improvement last year with their tango FD, but this year the improvement is even more striking. They look like a completely new team to me, and I love the emotion with which they are skating. They deserved the bronze at SA. They're up against another tough field this week in Finland, but I hope they can get on the podium this time.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Can't wait to see both programs again!! Best of luck in Heksinki!!!

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
CONGRATULATIONS on winning BRONZE in Helsinki!!!!:yahoo::love:

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
Any news why they weren't able to skate in the exhibition? I was really looking forward to seeing them since they didn't get invited at SA (when they should've been!) I hope they're okay!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to see them winning bronze in Helsinki - they've improved so much since turning senior!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Wheee! They got a medal!

They didn't do the exhibition again? Bummer. I'd guess then that it was their decision not to do it at SA. Maybe they don't have a new gala program ready yet or are planning another dual program with the Parsons? (It's obvious M&C did a LOT of work since last spring, with so many new elements in their competitive programs). But I think they could perform last season's gala performance as long as it's not at the same venue as when they skated it at Cup of China? Or they could skate their SD from last year. They have a very busy schedule, flying home and then back to Austria in only two weeks. Maybe they are just trying to get in some time to really work before then. Who knows?

But yay! They won the bronze! Big battle here among all these developing teams. I thought they could do it, but I didn't know if they would do it, and I'm really proud of them. Drat on the one-foot step sequence and the extended lift deductions. Definitely some nerves during the FD. But they did it anyway. Got the job done and gained some great experience.