Lyrics in solo | Golden Skate

Lyrics in solo

Wildstorm

Rinkside
I'm going to skate to El Tango Roxanne this year and the instrumental versions don't have the epic footwork music near the end of the song so I cut the original with lyrics for the end of my solo. The problem is that it yells "ROXANNE" three times. Does that count as lyrics?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Latin counted for Brian Joubert.

I would think it counted.

(Can you filter out the words)

vlaurend

Final Flight
I'm going to skate to El Tango Roxanne this year and the instrumental versions don't have the epic footwork music near the end of the song so I cut the original with lyrics for the end of my solo. The problem is that it yells "ROXANNE" three times. Does that count as lyrics?

I'm assuming you are skating under IJS and competing at a level that has not gotten approval for lyrics from Skate Canada? "Roxanne" would be considered lyrics (since it is recognizable as a word having meaning in some language), but it could still be worth it to use that piece. Since 2011, the ISU rules have required that the majority of judges give a deduction for music (instead of the referee making that call) and, at least in international competitions, the judges haven't been doing it. Case in point: Florent Amodio. If you think that version of the music could end up giving you one point more in total score than the less inspired instrumental version, it could be worth risking the 1 point deduction (which you might not even get).

Wildstorm

Rinkside
Thank you both for the insight!

It sounds odd when it's filtered out but I'm going to keep looking for an instrumental version that matches the original incase any problems arise. Overall I don't care if I get a deduction for it because I don't think it'll make too much of a difference, either I skate amazingly and make up for it or I fall on my butt, mess up royaly and it won't matter. I'm using it for my Junior Silver Free for both competing and testing.
My music can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucdm7w2WL9o&feature=youtu.be
incase you want to look at it yourself

Dreaswi

Rinkside
If you are an adult skater lyrics are allowed in your music choice. I think it is section 4040 or rule 4040 or however they break it up.