Male skaters with great posture | Golden Skate

Male skaters with great posture

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Denis Ten (who would have turned 29 this past Monday) 😢
Tatsuki Machida
Mikhail Kolyada
Plus as mentioned above, Jeff Buttle, Patrick Chan...

I think Hanyu, Uno, Chen fall into the 'good' category rather than 'great'. Not because they can't achieve nice posture, rather they have moments when it lapses.
If by posture and carriage we mean like a ballet/ballroom dancer, then I would have to disagree with Aymoz and Lambiel being placed here. They are fun to watch but have high shoulders and a bit of a hunch (although Stephane improved by the end of his career).

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think it’s harder to tell from the pictures and videos. From the skaters I had seen life, Yuzuru Hanyu and Shoma Uno, absolutely, but also, Arthur Danielian and Kevin Aymoz. While both were injured in the SkAm where I saw both of them (and I am still incensed that Aymoz was forced to compete), the deportment and step sequences were amazing despite their injuries. Which was mind blowing.

From what i saw in video, and hadn’t seen life, Kutovoy is probably great.

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
That one's easy for me to answer. Sota Yamamoto, hands down. His graceful posture and straight back is one of the main reasons why I became a fan. He doesn't have big medals so few know him, but for me he's #1 in the posture department. Kolyada would be #2 for me.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i am not sure why so many people mention Yuzuru in here... no doubt he is a great skater, but if there is ONE thing I could fault him for and yes, i have also seen him live more than once, it's the posture. He often looks down to the ice... and his air position on jump is often off-axis (which one cannot really see unless at the rink).

So yes to many others mentioned like urmanov, kolyada, aliev... let's not forget nathan also... but yuzuru? nope... of course, YMMV

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
i am not sure why so many people mention Yuzuru in here... no doubt he is a great skater, but if there is ONE thing I could fault him for and yes, i have also seen him live more than once, it's the posture. He often looks down to the ice... and his air position on jump is often off-axis (which one cannot really see unless at the rink).

So yes to many others mentioned like urmanov, kolyada, aliev... let's nor forget nathan also... but yuzuru? nope... of course, YMMV
I think it’s the way he is built and how light he is that contributes to the impression that he is a straight as an arrow. I only saw him in one competition, but he sure draws the eye like nobody else.