Maria Sotskova | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Does her skating have Adelina-esque movements in that exhibition? I can say that she skates stronger than last season.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does her skating have Adelina-esque movements in that exhibition? I can say that she skates stronger than last season.

Well that's great to hear. I've heard nothing but good things about Maria's improved skating, haven't watched the vid yet. Now the 6 day wait until test skates!!!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Finally saw it. Great program, nice choreo from Nikita. You can see some of the choreo that Mikhail captured in his pictures. Didn't see any Sot like movements :shrug: She looked very much like Maria but with some improvements :yes2: Now on to Sochi :hap93:

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
I can't wait for the test skates. I wanna see the vids woohhhh so excited for that.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, just asking, do you think Masha will get a chance to go to worlds/europeans this year?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
By the way, just asking, do you think Masha will get a chance to go to worlds/europeans this year?

Well we never know until the season starts and then we start to see how it all pans out. But if she is consistent and finish in the top 3 then I see no reason she wouldn't be named to the team! As far as I can remember they just pick the top 3 eligible ladies.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Better quality video from Magic on Ice appears to have surfaced. I apologize if you're already aware of this version....

https://youtu.be/m5_7oZd6f9c

Cool thanks! I was just about to go watch this again :laugh: Just what I needed, another angle :agree: And I don't even mind the live singer. I just sing right along with her :rofl:

I've manage to figure out one of the music that was playing in Maria's interview video. Schnittke: Concerto Grosso no.1, V. Rondo: Agitato and a piece of it is in the animation "The Butterfly" :rock:

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
Cool thanks! I was just about to go watch this again :laugh: Just what I needed, another angle :agree: And I don't even mind the live singer. I just sing right along with her :rofl:

I've manage to figure out one of the music that was playing in Maria's interview video. Schnittke: Concerto Grosso no.1, V. Rondo: Agitato and a piece of it is in the animation "The Butterfly" :rock:

oh GOOD EAR :) Thank you for the info

Paris event could not come soon enough... http://i.imgur.com/3z49gF9.jpg

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
OMG, yes!!! I will be there too!!!! Another Maria fan :hap10: So glad you have everything done. I STILL have not bought event tickets :rofl:

Now I just need to learn French ;) I may have bought them too early as maybe better tickets will be released. See you there!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Second piece in the interview where the 3f and 2a are, I identified as Schnittke - The Story Of An Unknown Actor: IV. Waltz of Farewell :biggrin: This part seems sped way up though.

It will be cool if these are the actual music in her programs, beautiful pieces. If not, well I still had fun with all the research since Shazam was of no help :laugh:

sneakers

Match Penalty
a few more skating skills improvement and speed and we will have a new era Kostner ? :)
those jumps look effortless....

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YAY!!! Good guesses :yes2:

Maria Sotskova SP
Schnittke "Story of an Unknown Actor-Agitato I and Waltz of Farewell"
Concerto Grosso No. 1, V. Rondo: Agitato

Second piece in the interview where the 3f and 2a are, I identified as Schnittke - The Story Of An Unknown Actor: IV. Waltz of Farewell :biggrin:

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
clean skating, with 3F and 2A in second half....
now she just needs to got those speed in full during when real competition starts.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really loving the new SP :love: Nikita did well with the choreography :yes2: I like the music cuts and the step sequence plus that twizzle :drama: She looks a little slow across the ice and its something that stood out among the rest of the ladies so hopefully that will improve some before November. Also more speed is needed in her spins especially the camel. But overall, this will be a great vehicle for her debut season :hap57: Loving it :yahoo: